Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

The Boise State jersey is ugly!
sick.gif

4946385420_eeb5162356_m.jpg

Better look at the TCU jersey

4945776971b9e984cff2m.jpg
You guys got the better end of that deal man
frown.gif

Can you PM me where you got the jersey pic. Thank you sir.

Masoli Can't play?
roll.gif

Btw...I haven't been this pumped for NCAA Football in a LONG time! Were SO CLOSE!

Also, That Boise jersey is dope
pimp.gif

Masoli is gonna have to use a redshirt I guess and play next year. Any Ole Miss people care to speculate on that?

That means Boise gets the chance to beat Masoli 3 times in 4 years, we open at Ole Miss next year. We will see how strong the "SEC" really is.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Masoli is gonna have to use a redshirt I guess and play next year. Any Ole Miss people care to speculate on that?

That means Boise gets the chance to beat Masoli 3 times in 4 years, we open at Ole Miss next year. We will see how strong the "SEC" really is.

Please.

[h2]Breaking news: BYU goes independent, joins West Coast Conference in other sports[/h2]
Posted by Jon Wilner on August 31st, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Categorized as Uncategorized

*** 3:45 p.m. update: espn.com’s report, just posted , is here.

It’s done, and it’s huge.

Brigham Young will become a football independent and join the WCC in all other sports, the Mercury News has learned.

An announcement is expected later today.

The move, which takes effect for the 2011-12 season, changes the face of major college sports in the western third of the country — weakening the Mountain West (BYU’s current home) and strengthening the WCC, whose members include three Bay Area schools: Santa Clara, St. Mary’s and USF.

It’s also a blow to the Western Athletic Conference, which had hoped to provide a home for BYU’s non-football3:45 p.m. update: espn.com’s report is here. teams even though it lost Fresno State and Nevada to the Mountain West.

An announcement is expected later today, according to a source, and a press conference is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow.

The move, which takes effect for the 2011-12 season, changes the face of major college sports in the western third of the country — at once weakening the Mountain West (BYU’s current home) and strengthening the WCC, whose members include three Bay Area schools: Santa Clara, St. Mary’s and USF.

(It’s impossible to overstate the significance of this development for the eight-school WCC, which is about to begin renegotiating its ESPN contract.

(Yes, there are scheduling questions to be answered — BYU doesn’t play on Sundays — but my guess is that BYU and WCC officials have already worked through them.)

The move is also a blow to the Western Athletic Conference, which had hoped to provide a home for BYU’s non-football teams even though it lost Fresno State and Nevada to the Mountain West.

Clearly, BYU’s administration was intent on going independent even though its original plan crumbled when the MWC raided the WAC for Fresno State and Nevada.

After nearly two weeks of reviewing its options, BYU decided the six-team WAC (with the possibility of more schools joining down the road) wasn’t as beneficial as the WCC.

As I see it, the WCC had several advantages:

* It’s faith-based schools take a similar approach to the role of faith (yes, it’s a different faith) and education as BYU.

* It offers higher-quality men’s basketball than the WAC, due mostly to the presence of Gonzaga.

* Travel costs are more reasonable than the WAC’s.

* ESPN, which is expected to be heavily involved in broadcasting BYU football, feels much better about the WCC than the WAC — again: due to men’s basketball.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

[h2]Breaking news: BYU goes independent, joins West Coast Conference in other sports[/h2]
Posted by Jon Wilner on August 31st, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Categorized as Uncategorized

*** 3:45 p.m. update: espn.com’s report, just posted , is here.

It’s done, and it’s huge.

Brigham Young will become a football independent and join the WCC in all other sports, the Mercury News has learned.

An announcement is expected later today.

The move, which takes effect for the 2011-12 season, changes the face of major college sports in the western third of the country — weakening the Mountain West (BYU’s current home) and strengthening the WCC, whose members include three Bay Area schools: Santa Clara, St. Mary’s and USF.

It’s also a blow to the Western Athletic Conference, which had hoped to provide a home for BYU’s non-football3:45 p.m. update: espn.com’s report is here. teams even though it lost Fresno State and Nevada to the Mountain West.

An announcement is expected later today, according to a source, and a press conference is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow.

The move, which takes effect for the 2011-12 season, changes the face of major college sports in the western third of the country — at once weakening the Mountain West (BYU’s current home) and strengthening the WCC, whose members include three Bay Area schools: Santa Clara, St. Mary’s and USF.

(It’s impossible to overstate the significance of this development for the eight-school WCC, which is about to begin renegotiating its ESPN contract.

(Yes, there are scheduling questions to be answered — BYU doesn’t play on Sundays — but my guess is that BYU and WCC officials have already worked through them.)

The move is also a blow to the Western Athletic Conference, which had hoped to provide a home for BYU’s non-football teams even though it lost Fresno State and Nevada to the Mountain West.

Clearly, BYU’s administration was intent on going independent even though its original plan crumbled when the MWC raided the WAC for Fresno State and Nevada.

After nearly two weeks of reviewing its options, BYU decided the six-team WAC (with the possibility of more schools joining down the road) wasn’t as beneficial as the WCC.

As I see it, the WCC had several advantages:

* It’s faith-based schools take a similar approach to the role of faith (yes, it’s a different faith) and education as BYU.

* It offers higher-quality men’s basketball than the WAC, due mostly to the presence of Gonzaga.

* Travel costs are more reasonable than the WAC’s.

* ESPN, which is expected to be heavily involved in broadcasting BYU football, feels much better about the WCC than the WAC — again: due to men’s basketball.

the faith based school argument makes sense.  and byu never looked like they wanted to go back to the wac.

BYU is a joke. Bad move for them.

If they couldnt make a BCS Bowl in the MWC what makes them think they can as an Independent?

BYU is definitely a joke. They couldn't make it in the MWC behind UTAH, and TCU... and now with the addition of Boise State, they would be dieing.

Other reports say that it was a TV issue. They wanted to simulcast games on their BYUtv channel which apparently reaches 60 million households...

They also apparently were talking with ESPN about getting some games on tv.

Now that they are in the WCC, Gonzaga will still be top dog in college basketball on the men's side. And BYU plays in an arena that sits 21,000 people. Good luck getting anyone to see San Fran, St. Mary's, Santa Cruz, and Pepperdine.

BYU sold out the other 18 sports that compete for the chance for their football team to gain indepdence.

btw, I bet ESPN wanted TCU, Utah, and Boise State before even thinking about BYU.

They have such a high morale ranking of themselves.. good riddance   (my team is a MWC team so I'm well aware of this BYU crap)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

good riddance 
Couldnt have said it better. I wonder why TCU was getting better TV slots than BYU? Its because nobody wants to watch their old, slow, white team. Anyone see their bowl TV ratings last year? They were at the bottom of the pile. Nobody but mormons watch BYU TV. Its not like they are going to draw in any extra observers to their terrible channel.

^ I read it every monday morning. I like his articles. He can sometimes print some straight garbage about what he thinks about certain teams but overall I look forward to it more than other ones.

& BYU leaving is dumb. The MWC was VERY close to getting a Auto Bid & with Boise joining the league would have been pretty big.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Please.
All I hear about is how good the SEC is and to me its a top heavy league, obviously Bama and Florida are extremely good but after that in my opinion it drops off.

Depth Chart:

OFFENSE

WR

3 Travis Benjamin (5-11, 176, Jr.)

or 47 LaRon Byrd (6-4, 215, Jr.)

LT

74 Orlando Franklin (6-7, 312, Sr.)

55 Ben Jones (6-5, 300, Soph.)

71 Cory White (6-6, 270, R-Fr.)

LG

66 Harland Gunn (6-2, 315, Jr.)

75 Jared Wheeler (6-5, 315, R-Fr.)

C

63 Tyler Horn (6-4, 295, Jr.)

65 Brandon Linder (6-6, 300, Fr.)

RG

72 Brandon Washington (6-4, 330, Soph.)

79 Malcolm Bunche (6-7, 328, Fr.)

RT

61 Joel Figueroa (6-6, 323, Sr.)

78 Jermaine Johnson (6-6, 330, R-Fr.)

77 Seantrel Henderson (6-8, 355, Fr.)

TE

84 Richard Gordon (6-4, 265, Sr.)

9 Chase Ford (6-6, 245, Jr.)

82 Asante Cleveland (6-5, 245, Fr.)

88 Billy Sanders (6-4, 248, R-Fr.)

WR

85 Leonard Hankerson (6-3, 205, Sr.)

or 4 Aldarius Johnson (6-3, 200, Jr.)

QB

12 Jacory Harris (6-4, 200, Jr.)

11 Alonzo Highsmith (6-0, 195, Soph.)

16 Spencer Whipple (6-2, 210, Jr.)

HB

20 Damien Berry (6-0, 215, Sr.)

5 Mike James (6-0, 217, Soph.)

FB

30 Patrick Hill (5-9, 255, Sr.)

33 Maurice Hagens (5-11, 232, Fr.)

DEFENSE

LE

57 Allen Bailey (6-4, 285, Sr.)

56 Marcus Robinson (6-1, 240, Jr.)

49 Dyron Dye (6-5, 255, R-Fr.)

LT

92 Josh Holmes (6-0, 280, Sr.)

99 Marcus Forston (6-3, 305, R-Soph.)

98 Jeremy Lewis (6-4, 310, Jr.)

RT

54 Micanor Regis (6-3, 305, Jr.)

93 Luther Robinson (6-3, 295, R-Fr.)

96 Curtis Porter (6-1, 315, Soph.)

RE

35 Olivier Vernon (6-4, 250, Soph.)

or 97 Adewale Ojomo (6-4, 260, Jr.)

or 48 Andrew Smith (6-3, 245, Jr.)

SLB

36 Kylan Robinson (6-1, 235, Sr.)

or 45 Ramon Buchanan (6-1, 220, Jr.)

MLB

44 Colin McCarthy (6-2, 240, Sr.)

94 Kelvin Cain (6-3, 226, Fr.)

WLB

31 Sean Spence (6-0, 220, Jr.)

59 James Gaines (6-3, 205, Fr.)

or 58 Jordan Futch (6-3, 240, Jr.)

LCB

8 DeMarcus Van **** (6-1, 185, Sr.)

13 Ryan Hill (6-0, 205, Sr.)

RCB

1 Brandon Harris (5-11, 195, Jr.)

21 Brandon McGee (6-0, 180, Soph.)

SS

26 Ray Armstrong (6-4, 215, Soph.)

29 JoJo Nicolas (6-1, 205, R-Jr.)

FS

7 Vaughn Telemaque (6-2, 207, Soph.)

22 Kacy Rodgers (6-2, 195, Fr.)

or 37 Jared Campbell (6-0, 205, Sr.)

O-Line
frown.gif

Please.
All I hear about is how good the SEC is and to me its a top heavy league, obviously Bama and Florida are extremely good but after that in my opinion it drops off.

theyre not as great as they were in years past, but people are foolish to keep acting like LSU are bottom dwellers all of a sudden.  They beat Bama last year.

Auburn is strong, Arkansas, the SEC gets a lot of hype and some of it is very unjustified but to act like theyre a two team conference?

Unless they really, truly believe the Big XII will hold itself together and expand soon, this is so ridiculously stupid...

Why is anyone going to schedule BYU in the middle of conference play? Notre Dame can bribe people with TV dollars... What does BYU have?

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb...

MWC had a chance to put themselves in great position with another round of expansion... SMU and Houston seem like they'd make a lot of sense. Those two with Boise, TCU, BYU, Fresno would've been really solid.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

good riddance 
Couldnt have said it better. I wonder why TCU was getting better TV slots than BYU? Its because nobody wants to watch their old, slow, white team. Anyone see their bowl TV ratings last year? They were at the bottom of the pile. Nobody but mormons watch BYU TV. Its not like they are going to draw in any extra observers to their terrible channel.
laugh.gif

2 times. Your punk %@% safety gave Masoli a concussion on the first possession in '08 with that cheap shot.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Please.

theyre not as great as they were in years past, but people are foolish to keep acting like LSU are bottom dwellers all of a sudden.  They beat Bama last year.

Auburn is strong, Arkansas, the SEC gets a lot of hype and some of it is very unjustified but to act like theyre a two team conference?
Huh?
laugh.gif

Please.
That's just way off. Sure Florida and Bama have had great runs the last two years but LSU won the national championship in 07-08, Georgia's been consistent, Tennessee (while in a down period) almost beat Bama last year. If a team that finishes 7-5 (not to mention Auburn) is good enough to challenge the national champs I think the conference is pretty deep. Boise is good but what a lot of their fans don't realize is that playing those teams that you think are part of that "drop off" (Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, Miss. State, Georgia, LSU) takes a LOT out of your team. You have to bring your A-game every week or you'll get caught slipping. Best believe if you guys brought the same effort you did against Tulsa, Louisina Tech, and UC Davis you would have caught a loss against most of the SEC.

Back
Top Bottom