LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

laugh.gif

Ppl are still discussing/ debating that?

Northwestern as a B10 sleeper? With our new and green QB? I don't see it. 8-5 or 9-4 and hopefully a favorable bowl matchup. We'll definitely have a great shot at least once in the next 3-4 years but not this year. Fitz getting some recognition is nice though.

Jordan Hall and Jamaal Berry are gonna be the kick returners
pimp.gif
FINALLY some kindve explosion back there..

Game week is finally here -- and we couldn't be happier about that. Tokick off the week here are 29 bold predictions for the 2010 season,along with one not-so-bold prediction.

• One of the two headcoaches, Les Miles or Butch Davis, in this weekend's "College Gameday"site game -- LSU Tigers vs. North Carolina Tar Heels -- won't be theirteam's coach by Jan. 1, 2011.

• The Michigan Wolverines will notlose to the Connecticut Huskies on Saturday afternoon. Yes, I know theHuskies have won four straight road openers, but Rich Rodriguez's teamswere favored by 14, 23 and 20 points the last three times he playedUConn -- and they covered each time, winning by a combined 103 points.Keep an eye on Wolverines QB Denard Robinson. He's going to make a bigdifference this fall especially behind a deeper, more experiencedO-line. The downside: too bad he can't also play CB for the Wolverines.

•The Boise State Broncos are the most polarizing topic in collegefootball these days -- can they make a BCS title game, from a smallerconference? I predict that in eight days, the topic will be moot --courtesy of Frank Beamer, Ryan Williams and the folks from Blacksburg,because Virginia Tech will win its neutral-site game against theBroncos to conclude opening weekend.

• Noel Devine will rocketinto the Heisman race by the second weekend when he gets some nationalTV exposure on a Friday night at Marshall. Devine, more so than anyother legit candidate, has "OhmyGod, did you just see that?!?"capability.

• The Tennessee Volunteers will put a scare into theOregon Ducks -- right after getting scared by Tenn-Martin. The Volsstill open 1-1, en route to a 2-6 start.

• Lane Kiffin will be villified for running up the score.

• Seantrel Henderson won't be the biggest impact freshman on the Miami offense this fall; RB Lamar Miller will.

• Ole Miss, behind Jeremiah Masoli, will open 5-0, and then sink like a boulder.

•The Texas A&M Aggies will back up the hype and people will learn topronounce Jerrod Johnson's name right. Tim DeRuyter's too.

• NewMexico LB Carmen Messina will make 200 tackles this season, but hewon't be able to save Mike Locksley's job; he will be canned after twodismal seasons.

• LSU's Russell Shepard will evoke visions ofPercy Harvin and Dexter McCluster and spark the Tigers to asurprisingly strong season.

• There will be growing talk abouthow the 2010 Bama defense, despite only returning one starter from thenational championship D, is better than the 2009 group because it'smore athletic. Nick Saban will call those who say that idiots.

• Indiana coach Bill Lynch will chuck his gum again -- this time at Ron Zook. It will somehow hit Rich Rodriguez.

• Baylor finally makes a bowl game now that QB Robert Griffin III is healthy.

•The ACC won't quite live up to the hype, but it will have seven teamsmake appearances in the Top 25 at some point and produce a top-fiveteam.

• TCU QB Andy Dalton will get invited to NYC for the Heisman ceremony.

• EnlargeAndy Dalton
Mark J. Rebilas/US PresswireAndy Dalton will be invited to New York for the Heisman ceremony, in the eyes of Bruce Feldman.

• Notre Dame QB Dayne Crist will finish higher in the Heisman voting than Andrew Luck or Ryan Mallett.

•More players will get themselves intro trouble via Twitter -- and willclaim their accounts got hacked as more coaches ban their players fromtweeting. Houston Nutt will be the first head coach to tweet "smh."

• Dennis Erickson, Dan Hawkins, Ralph Friedgen, Ron Zook, Bob Toledo and Tim Brewster will all be fired.

• Zook will think to himself, "I knew I shouldn't have wasted that time doing all that appliance shopping this summer."

• ECU WR Dwayne Harris, who caught 83 passes for 978 yards last season, will double his stats.

• NBC will let Brian Kelly host "Saturday Night Live" someday.

•A blue-chip recruit will announce his college choice via Twitter justso he can try and increase his number of followers. He will make thedecision by including a link to a picture of that school's baseball hat.

•The NCAA will warn coaches against coded tweets in the hours after newsof a big recruit picking their school becomes public. We're on to you,Steve Sarkisian with your "woof, woof, woof" cheers.

• Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald will be this winter's Brian Kelly -- a hot head-coaching candidate.

•Vandy coach Robbie Caldwell won't win enough games to remain the Dores'head coach in 2011, but he will be relevant and charming enough tobecome a hot candidate as a TV studio analyst.

• Florida State will beat Florida in November, prompting some Rodney Hudson for Heisman columns.

•Joe Barry will emerge as one of the hot head-coaching candidates fromthe assistant pool. The USC linebackers coach, who knows Monte Kiffin'sD almost as well as his mentor, came from the NFL and will help adefense that was victimized in '09, and become very salty in 2010despite limited depth.

• At least one of the coaches at"Carolina," will step down later this season. The only one I'm prettysure will be back for 2011 is Ruffin McNeill, the coach at EastCarolina.

• I will be proved wrong on probably half of these.

Around college football

•Cool stat from ESPN Stats & Information's Ben Lerner: Boise Statewasn't behind often in 2009, but when the Broncos were losing,quarterback Kellen Moore was on target. Moore was 15-for-17 for 182yards with Boise State behind. Boise State scored on every possessionthat began with the Broncos behind (one FG to cut a four-point deficitto one point and three touchdowns to take the lead.)

Moore'spasser rating when his team was behind last season: a gaudy 236.4. Nextbest was SMU's Kyle Padron at 174.8, followed by Idado's Nathan Enderle(167.0), Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen (160.
glasses.gif
and Bama's Greg McElroy(160.0).

• North Carolina senior defensive tackle Marvin Austinhas not made a public comment since the NCAA investigation into the TarHeels football program began more than six weeks ago, writes Joe Giglio:

In a message posted Sunday night around 9:30 p.m. on what appearsto be his Facebook page, Austin, who was interviewed by the NCAA inmid-July for possible improper contact with an agent, may have brokenthat silence.

"I came back to school to have my characterquestioned..[expletive]..i thought education was key.. I dont reallyunderstand...i though it was the right thing to do..maybe i wasmistaken," the message said. "...i like to say thanx to all those whostand by me i really appriecate [sic] it. oh yea and to those who wannasee me fall i wont cause i dont great athletes stay on their feet!!!!!"

•Potentially volatile stuff could be coming Miami's way -- and perhapsLouisville's way -- if there is merit to the claims of a former UMbooster who is now facing prison for allegedly running a Ponzi scheme,Barry Jackson reports:

Nevin Shapiro is writing a bookabout the UM football program in which he alleges former Canes playerscommitted NCAA violations, said his attorney, Maria Elena Perez. Perezsaid Shapiro told the federal government about the violations, whichare alleged to be major, but it did not investigate because 'that's nottheir area.''

Shapiro, who lived in a posh Miami Beachhome before his April arrest, said from a New Jersey jail that he willnot detail the allegations until the book is published; he's aiming forDecember. He wrote a first draft and will seek a publisher. The title:The Real U: 2001 to 2010. Inside the Eye of the Hurricane. Shapiro hassaid he was close with Jon Beason, Devin Hester, Antrel Rolle, RandyPhillips, Robert Marve, Kyle Wright and others when they played at UM,plus former UM assistant coach/recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt, nowat Louisville.

"This will be a tell-all book from a fan and booster perspective,'' said Shapiro, who did not attend UM.

Itwill be interesting to see what comes of this, and if there are thingsthat can actually be proved. I will say this: Any time any boosterthreatens to make some strong claims about benefits and relationshipswith players, a program has to hold its breath and wince.

Oneother note on this front is that former Miami AD Paul Dee, who was thepoint man on the NCAA's Committee on Infractions investigation, is dueto step down from that role next month.

• There are still 15,000tickets remaining for FSU's opener, which Mike Bianchi points out meansthere isn't that much energy around the promotion of Jimbo Fisher asthe Noles' new head man:

Nothing against Fisher, but heisn't really a "new" head coach. He's been in the program as thecoach-in-waiting for three years now and, so, his hiring doesn't bringthe newness and excitement that so often galvanizes a fan base. IfBowden had left and the Seminoles had hired Chris Petersen (BoiseState), Brian Kelly (then at Cincinnati), Gary Patterson (TCU) or someother "hot" name out there, FSU fans would certainly be more excited.

And that's why I believe Fisher must win and win quickly. FloridaState fans have suffered through nearly a decade of mediocrity and theyare sick and tired of it. Anybody who believes FSU fans are going to bepatient with Fisher is dreaming.

He needs to win and heneeds to win now or he will become the Seminoles' version of Ron Zook,who lasted three years at the University of Florida.

My take:Eh, it's Samford. Obviously, every coach needs to get off to a faststart or else you're digging out of a hole. I do think at least fromthe vibe coming from the recruiting world that Fisher has energized akey component, and in turn, that will rev up his fan base, who getfueled by the news that folks like blue-chipper James Wilder Jr. arebuying in.

• I forgot that former Bama coach Mike DuBose is backcoaching at the FBS level. He was the first assistant hired to theMemphis staff. Back when, he once admitted to an improper relationshipwith his secretary -- and led an Alabama Crimson Tide team ranked No. 3in the preseason to a 3-8 record. This is a good read on secondchances, from Dan Wolken:

• EnlargeMike DuBose
Scott Halleran/AllsportMike DuBose is back coaching in FBS as an assistant at Memphis.

In a span of 20 months starting in May of 1999, DuBose enduredpersonal shame, an impending NCAA hammer over Albert Means' recruitmentand a three-win season at one of the most storied programs in collegefootball. Had he simply been facing one of those three problems, hemight have been able to stay at Alabama a little while longer. Two ofthe three, he probably could have started over at another college,perhaps as an assistant. But all three was a ticket to the very bottom,such that DuBose left Alabama thinking he'd never coach again.

"When I was fired and first left Tuscaloosa, I was angry," DuBosesaid at Sunday's Fan Fest. "I was mad at the world, mad at everybodybut me. I was the only one I should have been mad at. In 2001 when Isat out, I didn't do anything. I tried to watch college football andcouldn't. I tried to go to a couple high school games. I couldn't be aspectator."

• A few bold predictions from Aaron McFarling, starting with VT QB Tyrod Taylor as ACC Player of the Year:

That's prediction No. 1 for the 2010 ACC season, and it's probably the easiest of the five I'm going to make today.

The Virginia Tech quarterback's evolution from solid, respectedplayer to bona fide ACC star will begin on Labor Day. Folks will tunein to see if Boise State is for real, or to watch those Tech tailbacksthey've been hearing so much about, and all of a sudden they willnotice something: This guy under center for the Hokies looks fantastic.

I'll go with Christian Ponder over Ryan Williams and Jacory Harris, personally.

•If you love coaching access stories, as I do, read this ESPN Mag storyby my colleague Seth Wickersham. The piece centers around embattledCleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini and there's lots of good insight.

•Technically, he's not an athlete, but Dallas Mavs owner Mark Cuban Ithink is the best actor of any sports figure of the now seeminglyhundreds who have done a cameo on "Entourage."

• Saw "The Ghost Writer" over the weekend. Didn't know much about it going in, but liked it a lot.

•Watched the Emmy Awards on Sunday night and came away wondering ifRicky Gervais perused the list of nominees of all award categories,spied the name "Bucky Gunts" and said, "Nah, forget the categories withthe starlets or Al Pacino, you can give me Outstanding Directing for aVariety or Comedy Special."

• Tweet of the Day: From Notre Dame DL Ian Williams:

@IWilliams95 Its bout that time, its Game week, time to put ND back on the map!

LSU's Russell Shepard will evoke visions of Percy Harvin and Dexter McCluster and spark the Tigers to a surprisingly strong season.
 One of the two head coaches, Les Miles or Butch Davis, in this weekend's "College Gameday" site game -- LSU Tigers vs. North Carolina Tar Heels -- won't be their team's coach by Jan. 1, 2011.

Que?

• ECU WR Dwayne Harris, who caught 83 passes for 978 yards last season, will double his stats.
Ridiculous prediction
laugh.gif

• Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald will be this winter's Brian Kelly -- a hot head-coaching candidate.

2eary89.gif

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Noskey

And the TCU jerseys, but I wish there was more purple involved.
There is some purple on the shoulder area and stuff, but I agree. I wish there was more purple

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

I like your jerseys Trelvis, where did you get the pic. We are supposed to be getting pro combats and was wondering if there might be pics out there.

On a side note, I'm pulling for you guys against OSU, show these AQ fools that we can not only hang but handle them. Like we have done to OSU and UofO as a matter of fact recently
smokin.gif
I havent seen any pics of the Boise State ones yet. They are supposed to unveil all of them on Wednesday. They will have a live video feed on facebook. I found the picture of ours on a TCU message board.

http://www.facebook.com/e...3705856674693&ref=mf
I found a picture of the "t-shirts" of ours and they look pretty cool.

Supposedly our jerseys are gray with blue numbering and the Bronco logo is supposed to wrap around the entire helmet. Could be interesting if us and VTech wear the jerseys against eachother.

Another rumor out there is that the jerseys have some effect with the 3D broadcast but who knows about that. I'm hoping not that just seems a bit odd to me.

Yeah, I saw those and thought it was weird there wasnt that much orange, but if you guys are wearing them against VT then that makes sense.

The TCU helmet will basically look like this...

newtcuhelmet.jpg

Originally Posted by DLo13

Has Masoli been cleared by the NCAA yet?

Been cleared.

One other note on this front is that former Miami AD Paul Dee, who was the point man on the NCAA's Committee on Infractions investigation, is due to step down from that role next month.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

tmay are you referring to like a month or two ago where i asked why they were switching to the air raid and everyone said that they aren't really, that the offense will stay mostly the same and not too pass heavy? Lol
Yes. I can't wait until people start to get shocked about Tuberville going away from the Air Raid at Tech and bringing in his 60% run/40% pass offense.
Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
You sound like a fed up housewife...
sorry for taking you & our relationship for granted, I'll try to come home early from work okay hun...

hopefully u got ur masculinity back but they were were running alot to get me Hunter acclimated.
andobviously they sold mr Sims on running the ball or he wouldnt haveverballed there and then just now turned around and begin changed hismind after hearing how its going to be more Texas Tech than Okie St
Argumentation & Debate 101: Today's Lesson - Deflect, Deflect, Deflect

I'm just upset that I'm not one of your "yes men" or homeboys, Gunna, that's all...

And let's please not even begin to act like coaches don't flat out lie to players they're recruiting.

•The Texas A&M Aggies will back up the hype and people will learn topronounce Jerrod Johnson's name right. Tim DeRuyter's too.

Don't see it happening...

More Pro Combat info...

Nike convened distinguished representatives associated with each university to deliver the uniforms' unique stories:

• Michael Irvin, Miami: NFL Hall of Famer and three-time Super Bowl champion who led the Hurricanes to a National Championship in 1987.

• Marty Lyons, Alabama: Crimson Tide All-America defensive tackle who played for Paul "Bear" Bryant's 1978 National Champion team and went on to an 11-year career with the New York Jets.

• Jerard Rabb, Boise State: Broncos wide receiver on the historic hook and ladder play that propelled Boise State to victory in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

• Errict Rhett, Florida: Led Florida in rushing yards all four seasons of his college career and played seven seasons in the NFL.

• Charles Csuri, Ohio State: Decorated WWII veteran and the father of digital art and animation, Csuri first made history as part of the 1942 Buckeyes National Championship team.

• Steve Preece, Oregon State: A key member of Oregon State's 1967 team known as the "Giant Killers," Preece went on to a successful career as defensive back with the Los Angeles Rams.

• Ruben Brown, Pittsburgh: A mainstay on Pitt's offensive line for four years, Brown played for the Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears, starting in 181 games.

• Matt Lewis, TCU: Equipment Manager for the Horned Frogs who received the game ball after last year's 55-28 victory over Utah, when TCU debuted their '09 Nike Pro Combat uniforms.

• Col. Rock Roszak, Virginia Tech: Alum of Virginia Tech and the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets, Roszak received numerous decorations during 27 years of active duty service in the U.S. Air Force.

• Bob Huggins, West Virginia University: Mountaineer alum and current head basketball coach, Huggins has one of the highest winning percentages in Division I basketball.

The Nike Pro Combat System of Dress

Each team will benefit from the lightweight innovation and flexible protection of the Nike Pro Combat System of Dress, but the similarities end there. Rendered in vivid color palettes and rich in cultural and historical motifs specific to the individual programs, each custom design tells a different story.

"The Nike Pro Combat System of Dress merges innovation and inspiration to deliver the lightest uniform in the industry," said Kris Aman, Global VP and GM of Nike Athletic Training, which includes football. "The designs incorporate cultural cues emblematic of each team's identity and heritage. They're more than uniforms, they're expressions of pride."

Nike designers studied each team's past, present and vision for the future. They immersed themselves in the community and culture of the universities. As a result, the special-edition uniforms capture the soul and spirit of each program.

Key design details from the uniforms include:

• Miami: Tonal Fir palm-frond print emblematic of South Florida incorporated into the jersey numbers, pant and footwear.

• Alabama: Houndstooth check pattern incorporated into the uniform in tribute to legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant.

• Boise State: Reflective, Game Royal Bronco head on the uniform echoes the famed blue turf of Bronco stadium.

• Florida: Alligator-skin motif used in the jersey numbers, pant, gloves and footwear inspired by menacing Gator mascot.

• Ohio State: Stylized script numbers, a replica U.S. flag on the jersey sleeve and the camouflage-print base layer honor the WWII-bound Buckeyes, National Champions of 1942.

• Oregon State: Retro design revives a look worn by the victorious 1967 "Giant Killers."

• Pittsburgh: Notched Team Gold jersey numbers and stencil stripe on the helmet evoke steel I-beams in reference to Pittsburgh's steel industry.

• TCU: Icy lizard-skin pattern used throughout the uniform inspired by the scaly body armor of TCU's horned frog mascot and a memorable quote from celebrated coach Leo "Dutch" Meyer.

• Virginia Tech: All-black uniform references the cadet gray-and-black regalia worn by Virginia Tech's original football team and honors the school's current Corps of Cadets.

• West Virginia: A headlamp-like line running front-to-back on the helmet and smudged Black pattern on the uniform pay respect to the region's coal mining industry.

The participating schools all rank in the preseason top 25. The teams plan to wear the uniquely designed uniforms for the games listed below and any other games they may determine at a later date: the University of Alabama (Nov. 13), Boise State University (Sept. 6), University of Florida (Oct. 30), University of Miami (Nov. 20), The Ohio State University (Nov. 27), Oregon State University (Dec. 4), University of Pittsburgh (Nov. 26), TCU (Sept. 4), Virginia Tech (Sept. 6) and West Virginia University (Nov. 26).

Ultra lightweight, fully protective

In addition to the uniforms' striking visuals, the Nike Pro Combat System of Dress offers the ultimate in lightweight protection. The uniforms were designed from the inside out, beginning with the padded base layer. The Nike Pro Combat base layer allows for specific pad placement to suit every position, providing a highly customized solution. The base layer also delivers critical protection and greater mobility than traditional pads for unencumbered speed.

With padding integrated into the base layer, the outer uniform becomes a lightweight, breathable sheath with a fitted, superhero look. The sleek jersey and pant are constructed from a four-way stretch twill that rapidly sheds sweat and water, ensuring that even when wet, these uniforms are lighter than their standard-issue counterparts when completely dry. Overall, the uniform is 37 percent lighter than current designs.

The Nike Pro Combat System of Dress addresses the sport's evolution, providing unmatched lightweight protection for players who are stronger, faster and more powerful than ever before.

Originally Posted by tmay407

tmay are you referring to like a month or two ago where i asked why they were switching to the air raid and everyone said that they aren't really, that the offense will stay mostly the same and not too pass heavy? Lol
Yes. I can't wait until people start to get shocked about Tuberville going away from the Air Raid at Tech and bringing in his 60% run/40% pass offense.
TTU fans really think they are going to running that Leach-esque offense still?

The Michigan Wolverines will not lose to the Connecticut Huskies on Saturday afternoon. Yes, I know the Huskies have won four straight road openers, but Rich Rodriguez's teams were favored by 14, 23 and 20 points the last three times he played UConn -- and they covered each time, winning by a combined 103 points. Keep an eye on Wolverines QB Denard Robinson. He's going to make a big difference this fall especially behind a deeper, more experienced O-line. The downside: too bad he can't also play CB for the Wolverines.

laugh.gif
well my $$$ is on UCONN +3

Alabama running back Mark Ingram suffered a knee injury late in Monday's practice, coach Nick Saban announced in a statement Tuesday, and has been ruled out for Saturday night's season opener against San Jose State.

Ingram, who last year became the first Crimson Tide player to win the Heisman Trophy, had "an arthroscopic procedure" done Tuesday morning, according to the statement.

"It was a situation where everyone involved thought it would be better to take care of now, so he would not have any issues with it later in the season," Saban said.

With Ingram sidelined, No. 1 Alabama will rely heavily on sophomore Trent Richardson, who ran 145 times for 751 yards with eight touchdowns in 2009.

Saban said Ingram's status would be day to day after this weekend. The Crimson Tide play No. 19 Penn State at home on Sept. 11.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Tuberville said he wasn't going to change the offense, so it must be true. Some people I've talked to truly do believe that.

I've read multiple articles quoting Tuberville as saying that he'd like to get the offense more balanced. I read one (can't remember what site it was on) saying that his ideal plan was to eventually get to that 60% run/40% pass breakdown.

I think you'll start to see the Air Raid getting phased out slowly throughout the season, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it leave at the end of season when Potts and Sheffield graduate.

While I was reading some stuff on Tuberville lately, I came across some facts from the 2004 Auburn team. It's so unbelievable that you can start the season ranked #18, beat five top-10 teams en route to an undefeated season, and not play for the national title.

YES.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Them: "We didn't hire Neil Brown to run anything else!"
Me: "You're recruiting tight ends, bigger offensive linemen, and between-the-tackle RBs..."
Them: "Tuberville wouldn't lie to us. Why would he say one thing and do another?"
Me:
eyes.gif

Oklahoma State is gonna be the only team in the South airing it out... Tech, A&M, and Texas are all trying to move away from that and get back to pounding the football. Will take a little longer for A&M and Tech because they don't have the kinds of defenses that lend themselves to that style of play...

Originally Posted by tmay407

laugh.gif
You sound like a fed up housewife...
sorry for taking you & our relationship for granted, I'll try to come home early from work okay hun...

hopefully u got ur masculinity back but they were were running alot to get me Hunter acclimated.
andobviously they sold mr Sims on running the ball or he wouldnt haveverballed there and then just now turned around and begin changed hismind after hearing how its going to be more Texas Tech than Okie St
Argumentation & Debate 101: Today's Lesson - Deflect, Deflect, Deflect

I'm just upset that I'm not one of your "yes men" or homeboys, Gunna, that's all...

And let's please not even begin to act like coaches don't flat out lie to players they're recruiting.

Don't see it happening...

deflect? homeboys? the only person I half way even speak to is Dre and thats about college football. the rest of these knuckleheads are some Internet screen names. I dnt give a @!@$ who agrees with me or who likes me
u can put "gunna get it" in the search and see

of course coaches lie, its how they kept Hunter on board and how he got Sims to Verbal.
Its how he did Bobby Reid a cple yrs ago

all Gundy  did was hire a new OC, Gundy is still the head coach. its like Coach DlCK Vermeil runnning the show with Mike Martz as OC. Martz wants to air it out but the head coach (Vermeil) kept him in check by making sound game decisions. but Obviously Sims is getting the word it aint how he thought it was gonna be, I got Money on who is telling him too (Hunter and the other RBs on the roster)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

YES.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Them: "We didn't hire Neil Brown to run anything else!"
Me: "You're recruiting tight ends, bigger offensive linemen, and between-the-tackle RBs..."
Them: "Tuberville wouldn't lie to us. Why would he say one thing and do another?"
Me:
eyes.gif

Oklahoma State is gonna be the only team in the South airing it out... Tech, A&M, and Texas are all trying to move away from that and get back to pounding the football. Will take a little longer for A&M and Tech because they don't have the kinds of defenses that lend themselves to that style of play...
You would think after that disastrous yr at Auburn where they put in the spread Tubby wouldnt want No parts of that %%+#
roll.gif

Mark Ingram out 2 weeks after having knee scoped, may miss the Penn State game

**didnt see mr Frost posted it already...

Bye Bye Heisman

You would think after that disastrous yr at Auburn where they put in the spread Tubby wouldnt want No parts of that %%+#
roll.gif
But... Texas Tech is the home of the air-raid offense...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's their whole god damn identity as a football program. They change that up at all and struggle this year (and with Potts at QB, it's gonna happen), and people are not gonna be happy.

Back
Top Bottom