LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Kyle Parker (Clemson QB) Is currently batting .414, 9 hr and 21 RBI so far this season. Safe to say, he's not going to be lining up under center next year?

Tajh Boyd come on dooooown...?

If I would've said something along the lines of 'those @+++#!%+%*$$#*$@%+% @%@ +@##% %+!$% @%@ cum swallowing Horned Frogs' then you would havea point.

roll.gif

I caught that edit Dre...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Those damn flickering avatars are gonna give me a damn seizure...

Also,

http://profootballtalk.nb...ayer-request-falls-flat/

As we've mentioned once or twice, quarterback Tim Tebow's habit ofopenly expressing his religious beliefs could potentially rub folks thewrong way, especially in a locker room of grown men who choose to keeptheir beliefs to themselves, who don't share his beliefs at all, and/orwho only want to hear "God bless" after they have sneezed.

We're told that Tebow already has gotten a taste of the resistance he might face at the next level.

Atthe Scouting Combine, the Wonderlic exam is administered to players ingroups.  The 12-minute test is preceded by some brief instructions andcomments from the person administering the test.

Per a leaguesource, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group hadfinished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads inprayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response:  "Shut the #$%% up."  Others players in the room then laughed.

We'renot passing judgment on this one; we're just passing along what we'veheard.  And it illustrates the type of challenges that could be facedby the team that drafts Tebow.

That said, some teams mightembrace those challenges.  The final decision will depend largely onthe composition of the team, and the personalities of the coach, theG.M., and the owner.

I'd draft that other player #1 overall.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Per a leaguesource, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group hadfinished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads inprayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response:  "Shut the #$%% up."  Others players in the room then laughed.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
Hilarious!!

Originally Posted by dreClark

Kyle Parker (Clemson QB) Is currently batting .414, 9 hr and 21 RBI so far this season. Safe to say, he's not going to be lining up under center next year?
Tajh Boyd will still tear your nut ++% team apart.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Hilarious!!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Hilarious!!

laugh.gif

Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads inprayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response:  "Shut the #$%% up." 

roll.gif

Bet Tebow's face was priceless...

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Kenbrell Thompkins, from Torrance (Calif.) El Camino JC, intends to come to UCLA, according to good sources.
The 6-2.5, 180-pounder, who has true 4.4 speed, is considered the #1 JC wide receiver in the nation for 2010.

He has told UCLA that he wants to be a Bruin, and the process is in the works to have him at school in time for spring practice, which starts next Thursday, April 1st. He has yet to pass UCLA admissions, and the process has been slowed since UCLA is on its quarter break this week.

It's also uncertain if Thompkins has the academic profile to get into UCLA.

Thompkins focused on UCLA for a specific reason. He had signed a National Letter of Intent to Tennesee back in November, to then-Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin. But when Kiffin announced not too long after that he was leaving Tennessee for USC, Thompkins opened up his recruitment. Thompkins recently received his release from Tennessee and then shifted his focus to Pac-10 and Big 12 programs, and contacted UCLA. Reportedly, Thompkins is motivated to play against Kiffin.

At the time when he opened up his recruitment, Thompkins adamantly said, "I'm not looking at USC. I'm not going to go down that road again with (the staff). I've already been burned once, I don't want to get burned again."

Originally from Miami (Fla.) Northwestern, where he said he got into "some trouble," Thompkins came to California to get away from bad influences back in Miami.

After high school he had pretty much given up on football until his little brother showed him the way. In an interview with Scout.com, Thompkins said: "My younger brother (Kendal Thompkins) got a scholarship to Miami and I was like, 'Hey, I gotta do this,' so I wanted to get away from all the bad influences and surround myself with good and positive people, so that's why I headed out to Elco."

As a Juco freshman in 2008, Thompkins, posted 57 catches for 1,032 yards and six touchdowns for the Warriors. In the fall of 2009, he was named a Preseason First Team JC All-American, and he did nothing to dispel that honor when he hauled in 69 receptions for 1,020 yards and nine touchdowns as a sophomore.

Just got a text that Thompkins signed with Cincinnati Bearcats

KT > Mardy
happy.gif

Binn, Hazelton, D. Lewis ... Cinci got WRs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads inprayer before taking the 50-question exam.

roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

I bet Timmay was so fazed, that's why he did so "poorly."

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

I bet Timmay was so fazed, that's why he did so "poorly."

Tebow-Crying.jpg

he was prolly on some "this never happened at florida." type of steeze.

that dude just trying to put 1+1 together...

there is nothing out there, not even from Bryce's homeboys at Tenn

Buddy who is one of Bryce's friends says Bryce was feelin some kinda way about not starting over Tario
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
which is comedy cus he cant hold Hardesty's Jock. CLK promised him the world and never counted on there being a NFL RB already at Tenn

to add a post script to this saga, before the transfer news broke, Hardesty had told radio shows  Toney Williams is by far a better RB than Bryce and Bryce would have trouble beating out Poole as well... Ouch

"Lot of things didn’t go the way as planned," Thompson said [after Monday's practice]. "Things are going to get better here in the future. Any receiver would be happy. You have a guy like [John] Brantley throwing the ball, spreading it around to everybody."
[...]
New quarterback John Brantley is what Thompson calls a "pure passer," which makes him happy. The two have connected on thousands of passes the last three years in practice, Thompson said.

"You never know with Tim [Tebow]," Thompson said. "You can bolt, you think he's running but he'll come up and pass it to you. You just have to be ready at all times. With Brantley, everything's with rhythm, time. You know what I mean, a real quarterback."

grin.gif

indifferent.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by dreClark

Tajh Boyd will still tear your nut ++% team apart.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Kenbrell Thompkins, from Torrance (Calif.) El Camino JC, intends to come to UCLA, according to good sources.

The 6-2.5, 180-pounder, who has true 4.4 speed, is considered the #1 JC wide receiver in the nation for 2010.

He has told UCLA that he wants to be a Bruin, and the process is in the works to have him at school in time for spring practice, which starts next Thursday, April 1st. He has yet to pass UCLA admissions, and the process has been slowed since UCLA is on its quarter break this week.

It's also uncertain if Thompkins has the academic profile to get into UCLA.

Thompkins focused on UCLA for a specific reason. He had signed a National Letter of Intent to Tennesee back in November, to then-Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin. But when Kiffin announced not too long after that he was leaving Tennessee for USC, Thompkins opened up his recruitment. Thompkins recently received his release from Tennessee and then shifted his focus to Pac-10 and Big 12 programs, and contacted UCLA. Reportedly, Thompkins is motivated to play against Kiffin.

At the time when he opened up his recruitment, Thompkins adamantly said, "I'm not looking at USC. I'm not going to go down that road again with (the staff). I've already been burned once, I don't want to get burned again."

Originally from Miami (Fla.) Northwestern, where he said he got into "some trouble," Thompkins came to California to get away from bad influences back in Miami.

After high school he had pretty much given up on football until his little brother showed him the way. In an interview with Scout.com, Thompkins said: "My younger brother (Kendal Thompkins) got a scholarship to Miami and I was like, 'Hey, I gotta do this,' so I wanted to get away from all the bad influences and surround myself with good and positive people, so that's why I headed out to Elco."

As a Juco freshman in 2008, Thompkins, posted 57 catches for 1,032 yards and six touchdowns for the Warriors. In the fall of 2009, he was named a Preseason First Team JC All-American, and he did nothing to dispel that honor when he hauled in 69 receptions for 1,020 yards and nine touchdowns as a sophomore.

Just got a text that Thompkins signed with Cincinnati Bearcats

KT > Mardy
happy.gif

Binn, Hazelton, D. Lewis ... Cinci got WRs
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Loaded at WR with DJ Woods coming back too, and throw in Jamar Howard as a backup. Dyjuan Lewis is definitely going to get redshirted IMO.

And Darrell Scott didn't pick up and offer on his Cincy visit grade issues, knee problems, plus being 30 pounds overweight. Hard times for the former #1 RB in the country.

Over/Under on how many times Denote catches one in the facemask this fall? I will say 5.

where did you hear that about thompkins jay? just this morning it was said he is still trying to get into UCLA

and
roll.gif
@ grades been the reason Dscott cant get into cincy. that schools takes ANYONE, Dscott grades are +#*!(which is why UCLA said no to him) but not +#*! enough for cincy

My dude said Its official KT to Cincy.

I dont see it anywhere but usually what he says goes.

dunno if I told yall but I'll be in Knoxville for O&W Spring Game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Lookin for Lacey EARLY!

Back
Top Bottom