LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Newbs have you been reading about this Morgan Trent/Lloyd Carr vs. RRod fiasco?

LC has been behind it all from the beginning.
I don't think LC has done one positive thing to support the football program since he's left. 

lc needs to go

tate will just add to the notion of um fans wanting to stay the f outta cali
germany, richards, sears...u can even put warren and mouton on that list, althou jonas ALWAYS has a great spring/summer then falls in the fall

maybe tate can get into acting like jason...or follow chris and go small school route

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by dreClark

Boise St, Alabama and O$U all go undefeated.

Who goes to the NC?

BSU is prolly going to start 1/2 and wanna see them go undefeated JUST to see if they will actually be put in the NC.
BSU is gonna be 0-1 after Labor Day, book it.
You sir, are going to be very disappointed come Labor Day
Boise State will beat VaTech

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Newbs have you been reading about this Morgan Trent/Lloyd Carr vs. RRod fiasco?

LC has been behind it all from the beginning.

How so? From what I read it came from RichRod himself?
Rodriguez had bad-mouthed him to every NFL scout he could,

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Boise St, Alabama and O$U all go undefeated.

Who goes to the NC?

BSU is prolly going to start 1/2 and wanna see them go undefeated JUST to see if they will actually be put in the NC.
BSU is gonna be 0-1 after Labor Day, book it.
You sir, are going to be very disappointed come Labor Day
Boise State will beat VaTech
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we lost
laugh.gif

I don't know, you guys went undefeated last year but it was against a soft schedule and many of the wins weren't very convincing. I know it's hard to get up for a game against UC Davis, but still that game was too close. 28-21 against Tulsa? I watched a couple of your games last year and wasn't overwhelmed. You guys play well in games against big teams, but your resume last year doesn't scare me.

It will also be the first time you guys aren't in the underdog role in one of these big games. Being that VT used to be in Boise's spot as the underdog, it's one thing to have no pressure on you going into a big game. When you're the favorite though and the media's behind you as a trendy national championship pick, it's another animal. We went through that with the Miami game in 05 and got spanked.

I dont think RRod ever said that stuff. Why would he? Trent got himself drafted in the 6th round because he was absolute junk and it baffles me that he actually contributes in the NFL. The whole thing is just another shot at RRod. Its prolly the most outlandish thing yet to come out about RRod

http://freep.com/section/BLOG14

Jayron Hosley about to put the clamps on Austin Pettis
pimp.gif

Hosley
pimp.gif
Dude's gonna be our next great corner and kick returner. He's still technically a freshman and he was LIGHTS OUT this spring. I read a quote from Torrian Gray, our secondary coach, talking about how Hosley had like 6 interceptions in just a handful of practices, when most of our corners don't even get that many in a years worth of practices.

I know our D is gonna be young this year but I think we're gonna get back to our secondary being a decided advantage over the other team. We were decent last year but Virgil was injured and slow and Kam was just awful in coverage. This year we got Hosley and Carmichael at the corner spots and Eddie Whitley taking Kam's spot. Gonna be a fun year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

IF and thats a big IF you shut down Pettis, TY will go wild on the other side of the field. Dude is flat out fast. Boise has arguably one of the most accurate and football smart quarterbacks in the country. 
I'm assuming that both teams will come to play and it will be close but I know that we are good for 1 or 2 "trick" plays (call them what you want, Boise runs those plays like their normal plays to call in a game) and that if you give Petersen more than a week or two to scheme up for the game he rarely does not come thru. 

Ask Jerry Hughes about how much of an impact he had in the Fiesta Bowl....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

With tOSU playing so many ranked teams it will be real hard for them not to be in the NC if they were to go undefeated. Same with Bama.

Would 2 1 loss teams pass a unbeaten Boise?

pimp.gif

IF and thats a big IF you shut down Pettis, TY will go wild on the other side of the field. Dude is flat out fast. Boise has arguably one of the most accurate and football smart quarterbacks in the country. 
I'm assuming that both teams will come to play and it will be close but I know that we are good for 1 or 2 "trick" plays (call them what you want, Boise runs those plays like their normal plays to call in a game) and that if you give Petersen more than a week or two to scheme up for the game he rarely does not come thru. 

Ask Jerry Hughes about how much of an impact he had in the Fiesta Bowl....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
How fast is Young, cus Rock Carmichael runs in the 4.3's...and Gunna don't give me @%#% about our 40 times I guarandamntee Rock will run sub 4.5 at the combine
laugh.gif

And I am worried about the trick plays, but you guys won't have any answer for Ryan Williams. Didn't Ryan Matthews gash you last year? I dunno what to say about Moore though, he's legit. One thing I'm worried about is he gets rid of the ball so fast and is so accurate, we won't have any time to pressure him into mistakes. Usually we like to disguise our coverages and get QB's to make mistakes under pressure (that was our gameplan against Bama last year, and McElroy started out 2-12 with an INT before he got it together), but I could totally see Moore orchestrating a couple of 12 play scoring drives and giving us fits.

Carr isn't really around the program that much but I am sure he is letting people know what he thinks about Rich.

Rich said nothing that many during that year hadn't said about Trent. Dude hated the new staff and was lucky he showed up to the combine and ran a 4.45.

Tate is mentally weak. I think he can be a hell of a good QB, but he seems to have a major ego problem. He was groomed/hyped to be the golden child and has ran with that stigma. I hope he sticks it out because until I see DRob do it on the field, Tate gives us the best chance to win.

Gardner is the future. He is about as good of a kid as you will find. Humble, Smart, Receptive to coaching, Loves a challenge. I think DRob is the same way.

The running game is going to win us games if it is on. I don't see any passing game outside of checkdowns and screens. The coaches do not allow it for some reason. I hated the playcalling last year. How many 3rd and longs call for bubble screens? My answer is 1 per half, not 1 per possession.

I hate to say it but the program is not really sorting itself out. Its still in shambles. Only thing that will kill that negativity some what is a Big Ten title and with Iowa and Blowhio State looking really tough this year it isn't happening.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I really could care less I just like the kid Hosley. I think he's going to do big things before he leaves.

Don't think he's mentally weak, as much as he just isn't THAT good.
This.  UofM fans got all excited w/ the 4-0, some of us prolly too excited, and now reality has set in that Tate has a low ceiling.  But I do agree that he might be our best chance to win.

Also sorry for clogging up the board w/ all this UofM talk but is there really anything else thats happening?

man please continue ...

I get enough tennessee/florida st/florida/cane talk to last a lifetime. this thread keeps me informed on things around the country

I hope everyone who usually reads our college football threads posts stuff on their fav. teams in here.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Well, we could talk about how Da U is Back in 2010....

I don't know how back they'll be but if I was a betting man I'd bet on them beating us this year. IMO I think they'll probably have the same record as last year, only cus their schedule is still really tough and the coastal division is gonna be tough this year.

Back
Top Bottom