LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by DLo13

Well, we could talk about how Da U is Back in 2010....

I don't know how back they'll be but if I was a betting man I'd bet on them beating us this year. IMO I think they'll probably have the same record as last year, only cus their schedule is still really tough and the coastal division is gonna be tough this year.
Coastal Division is going to be hell this year. I can see each one of UNC, VT, GT, and Miami having 3-4 losses.

I think VTs go tthe easiest schedule out of the bunch, but it's still ##$%%+ because they play us, GT, and Miami in three straight weeks.
sick.gif

Our schedule is tough, but we atleast get GT after a bye. But playing on the road against FSU and Miami will be tough.

GTs got Miami and VT (away) in back to back weeks so that's not a good look. Plus they play UGA, Clemson, and us on the road.

Miami's schedule looks to be the toughest out of the coastal. They have O$U, Pitt, and Clemson all on the road in a row. Then also play us, VT, and at GT.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by dreClark

Jayron Hosley about to put the clamps on Austin Pettis
pimp.gif

IF and thats a big IF you shut down Pettis, TY will go wild on the other side of the field. Dude is flat out fast. Boise has arguably one of the most accurate and football smart quarterbacks in the country. 
I'm assuming that both teams will come to play and it will be close but I know that we are good for 1 or 2 "trick" plays (call them what you want, Boise runs those plays like their normal plays to call in a game) and that if you give Petersen more than a week or two to scheme up for the game he rarely does not come thru. 

Ask Jerry Hughes about how much of an impact he had in the Fiesta Bowl....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
How fast is Young, cus Rock Carmichael runs in the 4.3's...and Gunna don't give me @%#% about our 40 times I guarandamntee Rock will run sub 4.5 at the combine
laugh.gif

And I am worried about the trick plays, but you guys won't have any answer for Ryan Williams. Didn't Ryan Matthews gash you last year? I dunno what to say about Moore though, he's legit. One thing I'm worried about is he gets rid of the ball so fast and is so accurate, we won't have any time to pressure him into mistakes. Usually we like to disguise our coverages and get QB's to make mistakes under pressure (that was our gameplan against Bama last year, and McElroy started out 2-12 with an INT before he got it together), but I could totally see Moore orchestrating a couple of 12 play scoring drives and giving us fits.
TY runs in the 4.3 range. Ryan Matthews clowned on us, part of that was that we gave up 2 long runs due to missed tackles (one was Kyle Wilsons bad). Kellen is accurate and quick, but he did have the jitters to start the Fiesta Bowl, we went deep on the first play to TY and Kellen airmailed it by 15 yards. Hopefully he does not get caught up in the heisman hype and a MNC bid. 
Thats one of the things we got going for us though, Coach Petersen in my mind is a top 3 coach in the country and I think he will keep everyone focused on this game, what happens after that is anyones guess though.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by DLo13

Well, we could talk about how Da U is Back in 2010....

I don't know how back they'll be but if I was a betting man I'd bet on them beating us this year. IMO I think they'll probably have the same record as last year, only cus their schedule is still really tough and the coastal division is gonna be tough this year.
Coastal Division is going to be hell this year. I can see each one of UNC, VT, GT, and Miami having 3-4 losses.

I think VTs go tthe easiest schedule out of the bunch, but it's still ##$%%+ because they play us, GT, and Miami in three straight weeks.
sick.gif

Our schedule is tough, but we atleast get GT after a bye. But playing on the road against FSU and Miami will be tough.

GTs got Miami and VT (away) in back to back weeks so that's not a good look. Plus they play UGA, Clemson, and us on the road.

Miami's schedule looks to be the toughest out of the coastal. They have O$U, Pitt, and Clemson all on the road in a row. Then also play us, VT, and at GT.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Yea our schedule is super back loaded. Honestly I don't think we have a chance to beat all three, I just want to beat the @%$% out of Georgia Tech and make Paul Johnson cry. Knowing the history of our program, we will either:

A) Go undefeated then lose to UNC. Come back next week and beat the crap out of GT, only to get dismantled by Miami the next week.
B) Beat UNC and GT, then lose to Miami as they get revenge for last year.
C) Beat all three, then lose to UVA in the last game of the season
laugh.gif

It's amazing how many college players run a 4.3 (or at least "a sub 4.5"... same thing, right?), then somehow they lose that track type speed right before the combine.  Must be all of the bulking up they do.
eyes.gif

lol

Every combine we end up with what... like single digit sub 4.4s

Yet Va Tech has like 12 sub 4.4 guys every year

They must be usin the same old stopwatch that Joe Haden's daddy used

Every....well A lot of school do that. Tommy Streeter supposedly ran a 4.3 this spring too.
laugh.gif

Jacory cleared last week to throw again.
pimp.gif

And we're 6 over the scholarship limit so Randy has some snipping to do.
nerd.gif

Big Ten officially extended invites? Hearing Mizzou and Nebraska have offers in hand finally...

[h2]Big Ten makes initial offer to Big 12 pair[/h2]
The Big Ten Conference has extended initial offers to join the league to four universities including Missouri and Nebraska from the Big 12, according to multiple sources close to the negotiations. 

While nothing can be approved until the Big Ten presidents and chancellors meet the first week of June in Chicago, the league has informed the two Big 12 schools, Notre Dame and Rutgers that it would like to have them join. It is not yet clear whether the Big Ten will expand to 14 or 16 teams but sources indicated Missouri and Nebraska are invited in either scenario.  Notre Dame has repeatedly declined the opportunity to join the Big Ten.  If Notre Dame remains independent, Rutgers would be the 14th team.  The Big Ten would then decide whether to stop at 14 or extend offers to two other schools.  If Notre Dame joins, sources say an offer will be extended to one other school making it a 16-team league.

In order for the University of Missouri to join the Big Ten, the Missouri Board of Regents will still have to approve the move.  Sources close to the governing body say the Big Ten has told officials that Mizzou could add $1.3 million per month in revenue to the lucrative Big Ten Television Network.  The Big Ten Network is currently offered on basic cable to very few of over 7 million residents living in Missouri television markets and adding it throughout the state will be a windfall for the conference.

Big Ten representatives have also told Missouri officials they would like to have the entire expansion process wrapped up this summer with a formal announcement coming no later than July. 

The University of Missouri is currently under contract with the Big 12 conference and will have to pay a stiff penalty to leave the Big 12.  The Big 12 charter states any member will lose between 50 and 100 percent of its shared annual revenue depending on the length of notice any school gives.  According to published reports, Missouri receives around $9 million annually in shared football revenue from the Big 12.  According to sources, it seems likely Missouri would give one- year notice.   It is projected that Missouri's football revenues would increase by $10 million or more per year when it joins the Big Ten versus what it currently receives in the Big 12.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I wish they'd stop throwing ND out there. They're not gonna join.

why not ask tho?
I mean havent they wanted ND to join for a while?  Its not gonna happen.  And didn't Kelly say he doesn't want to join a conference.

NCAAexpected to deliver Southern Cal penalties for Reggie Bush case this week

After a long wait, the NCAA'sdecision on penalties for Southern California are expected to be deliveredsoon.

According to Yahoo! Sports writerDan Wetzel, the report will be released this week. The NCAAconcluded that USC running back Reggie Bush received illegal benefits duringhis three-year career with the Trojans.

The school already has self-imposedsanctions on the men's basketball program for money that was alleged paid to anadviser of O.J. Mayo.

One person thinking there could besevere penalties for the Bush affair is Chris Dufresne of the Los AngelesTimes. On his Twitter account, he made a prediction of five years probation, a bowlban and a loss of 21 scholarships.

USC went before the NCAA Committee on Infractions inlate February. Since then, Bush settled a lawsuit with a man that claimed he gave$300,000 in cash and gifts to the Heisman Trophy winner.

It is possible that Bush could beruled ineligible and be forced to return the Heisman. The school could beforced to forfeit its national championships from 2003 and 2004.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

After a long wait, the NCAA'sdecision on penalties for Southern California are expected to be deliveredsoon.

According to Yahoo! Sports writerDan Wetzel, the report will be released this week. The NCAAconcluded that USC running back Reggie Bush received illegal benefits duringhis three-year career with the Trojans.

The school already has self-imposedsanctions on the men's basketball program for money that was alleged paid to anadviser of O.J. Mayo.

One person thinking there could besevere penalties for the Bush affair is Chris Dufresne of the Los AngelesTimes. On his Twitter account, he made a prediction of five years probation, a bowlban and a loss of 21 scholarships.

USC went before the NCAA Committee on Infractions inlate February. Since then, Bush settled a lawsuit with a man that claimed he gave$300,000 in cash and gifts to the Heisman Trophy winner.

It is possible that Bush could beruled ineligible and be forced to return the Heisman. The school could beforced to forfeit its national championships from 2003 and 2004.

Over/Under if USC gets this Kiffin bolts 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Pete Carroll knew what was up, thats rough, all good though USC gets what's coming to them. Those players benefits are >/= Any school in the country

[table][tr][td]Chickillo Planning UNC Visit 
premium.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
809747.jpg

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
By Don Callahan

Inside Carolina
Posted May 11, 2010
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...e=RT @InsideCarolina {{title}} {{url}}&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php... out a summer visit to North Carolina.&lng=enhttp://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py.../2/969256.html&n=Chickillo Planning UNC Visithttp://northcarolina.scout.com/2/969256.html#email-a-friend-windowhttp://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=10&c=969256&refid=4781|More

Anthony Chickillo is in the midst of planning out a summer visit to North Carolina.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
“We’re still working on it, but it’s going to happen,
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I'd be shocked if there is a bowl ban.  Word is SC lawyers are ready to battle this out in court if NCAA tries to make an example.  Losing a few scholarships per year and vacating wins seems about right.

Best news in a while for Michigan fans, Marvin Robinson is good to go and will be on ca,pus starting June 1. I think he has the ability to take Jordan Kovacs Bandit spot. Too bad for Mike Hobbs and his attempts to keep MRob out of Ann Arbor.

Back
Top Bottom