LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

laugh.gif
@ Mike Leach

I want a coach that calls out his players. Too bad America is filled with sensitive chodes that can't take a little cussing.

the cussing is not the problem at all,

when you're the coach of a group of young men and you start calling peoples religious beliefs and practices into question, dont expect to get return calls and interviews .

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

when you're the coach of a group of young men and you start calling peoples religious beliefs and practices into question, dont expect to get return calls and interviews .

Come one son.  If coach's post game/pre game speeches were the reason people are hired/fired/whatever, there wouldnt be any coaches.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

Come one son.  If coach's post game/pre game speeches were the reason people are hired/fired/whatever, there wouldnt be any coaches.

true a lot of coaches curse and say some off the wall stuff....hell my coaches did....the problem w/ Leach is that this leaked out to the public....and the religion stuff isn't gonna go over well w/ the southern conservative types....leach just seems like a weird guy in general though
laugh.gif

this is Mike Leach we talkin about.

guy who locked a concussed player in a dark electric room...

The last thing he wanted showed to the public was him goin in on his players religious practices.

Just watched the Leach video.. makes me want to play for him. If I was an AD needing to make a big splash at a mid tier school I don't see how you can't hire the guy.

Old friend of mine played for Brian Kelly at GVSU. We are Catholic school boys and he used to destroy my friend and bash his catholicism ( I think BK is a Catholic) . The stories he would tell about what BK would yell at him. Telling him to go get molested by another priest because thats all he was good for. And now BK is the head coach at ND? Doesn't seem like it means much if they can keep it under wraps.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/87482557.html
EUGENE, Ore. -- University of Oregon college students LaMichael James and Heidi Siebenlist had been in "a committed, intimate relationship for a significant period of time," according to court documents.

"During the long period we were boyfriend-girlfriend, we each grew close to one another's families," James wrote in a letter dated March 9, obtained by KVAL News March 12.

But when Siebenlist learned James had a female house guest visiting him from outside the State of Oregon, she went to James' home to talk to the guest.

That was Feb. 15, 2010.

Two days later, police arrested James, and he spent a day and a half in jail before being released with an electronic monitoring bracelet around his ankle -- and the scrutiny of media from Eugene to Portland to ESPN on his case.

On Friday, March 12, James pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of harassment. Four other misdemeanor counts stemming from the incident were dismissed.

"I apologize to Heidi both for the incident and everything she has had to go through since it happened," James wrote in a letter March 9, released along with court documents March 12 after his change of plea and sentencing.

"I accept responsibility for my actions," James wrote. "I am also sorry that she has been treated by some people as though she deserved blame for this. She does not. I ask people to treat her with respect. She has not done anything wrong."

Beyond a basic sketch provided by police in the wake of James' arrest, few details about what happened had emerged. Neither James nor Siebenlist spoke publicly about the case.

However, due to the high-profile of James, who rose to stardom on the football field by setting a new rushing record for a freshman football player and earning Pac-10 Offensive Freshman of the Year honors, rampant speculation about what happened ensued in the aftermath of his arrest.

"Uninformed gossip, blogs and other Internet communications have distored the circumstances, misstated the victim's relationship with the defendant and compounded the harm done to her," the district attorney's office wrote in a sentencing memo. "Some have publicly speculated that the victim reported this incident to the police in retaliation for the defendant's infidelity. This is not born out by the facts.

"In fact, the victim reported reluctantly in response to police questions after the defendant informed her that the police had become involved," the memo says.

So what happened?

"When the victim learned that the defendant had a female house guest from outside Oregon, she went to the defendant's residence to speak with his guest," according to the district attorney's memo. "The house guest was alarmed, refused to let the victim into the residence, and subsequently called the defendant.

James arrived at his apartment and asked Siebenlist to leave and "physically removed the victim from the area immediately in front of his residence door."

While James held on to her arms, Siebenlist grabbed his necklace and told James she wouldn't let go unless he let her go.

"During the ensuing push-and-pull, the defendant's necklace broke and he became angry," according to the DA.

James grabbed Siebenlist by her collar and pushed her against his car. Siebenlist got in James' car and pulled his keys from the ignition. James grabbed Siebenlist to pull her from his car, but she kept his keys and ran from the car.

James, a Texas state champion sprinter in high school, caught up to her and grabbed her waist. The two fell into bark mulch on the ground.

James got his keys back, "ending the physical interaction," the DA wrote. "The parties talked without further physical contact before the defendant drove away."

The memo explains that the Abuse Prevention Act "requires immediate arrest in circumstances such as these."

"Uniform enforcement of that requirement has undoubtedly saved many lives, but it also requires law enforcement to make preliminary charging decisions based on initial reports before a more thorough investigation can be completed," the DA wrote. "Subsequent investgiation and clarification of the facts often result in modification of the criminal charges."

"In this case, dismissal of some of the charges, the admission of guilt by the defendant, and the recommended sentences are all appropriate to the facts," the DA wrote. "The disposition recommended herein is also supported by the victim."

James was ordered to serve 10 days in jail, although due to jail overcrowding, he may be released before serving the entire sentence, District Attorney Alex Gardner said.

He was also ordered to undergo a domestic violence evaluation.

The judgement and sentencing memo are also on the KVAL page. After reading exactly what happened, I don't think they'll suspend LeMike for the season. Masoli, on the other hand...
laugh.gif

'scuse me while I go PM Exile about that preseason ranking she was runnin her @#$%^& mouth about.  BRB 

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Looks to me like that chick got put in her place.

definitely.

last thing I wanna do is put my hands on a female but here is a case where she kept pushin dude. Ideally, He shouldnt have touched her tho, shoulda just called the law on her. but realistically I completely understand how and why he snapped

this is what i was thinking...that LaMike wasn't stupid enough to choke a $*%#%. i'm glad that i was right. masoli on the other hand...
and as far as leach, everything was within his right until he brought up religion. that kind of @!%# does not fly. dude can cuss all he want, single out specific players, threaten massive changes, etc. thats his job as a coach. but he can't bring up religion. or lock concussed players in a closet, for that matter. 

chick is an example of a chick taking the "guys can't hit girls" rule too far.....she knew she had the leverage and kept testing that man....i hate chicks like that
smh.gif

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Just watched the Leach video.. makes me want to play for him. If I was an AD needing to make a big splash at a mid tier school I don't see how you can't hire the guy.
Mike Leach at Texas A&M would be incredibly funny... Won't ever happen, but it'd be great... And it's exactly the kind of "culture shock" hire they need to make... Him or Sumlin.

The second vid is priceless... But I'm with Gunna, that God Squad +%#+ ain't gonna play well in conservative country...

It appears that LSU is indeed going to do its best to turn sophomore WR Russell Shepard into its own Percy Harvin. Shepard's primary focus is on "learning all the little things that it takes to be a great receiver," but he'll get plenty of opportunities to handle the ball out of the backfield and in the return game.

"It's a big chance at such a young age, but I'm going to do a lot of things at that position (Z receiver), and I'm going to get in the backfield some and do a lot of things -- sweeps, catching the ball out of the backfield, some of the things they may not ask Stevan Ridley or Richard Murphy to do," Shepard told ESPN.com's Chris Low. "I'll be on special teams, too, on punt return and kick return."

Here's the bottom line, and it's one that LSU fans spent 2009 waiting -- in vain -- for: "They're going to give me the ball as much as possible next year."

With his athleticism and ability to make people miss, Shepard has the tools to be one of the top playmakers in the entire country, and it sounds as if Les Miles, Gary Crowton & Co. are finally going to take advantage.

UPDATE: Apparently, Shepard is plenty scrappy for his size as well. Jim Kleinpeter of the Times Picayune posts in a video that the 188-pound Shepard was matched up against a linebacker in Les Miles' new "Big Cat" drill -- in which two players try to push and drive each other down the field while Miles gleefully judges who wins -- and that Shepard ended up winning. SEC defensive coordinators should take notice.

Well, Masoli plead guilty today.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him dismissed from the team.
smh.gif

SMH...Idiot.

Back
Top Bottom