**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think philly is fraudulent by any means. They haven't just been winning but dominanting. Don't think you can say the same about most teams regardless of their opponent.

Lol at it will say alot

Don't get me wrong, you guys are good. I just don't know HOW good.
It's hard for me to tell. Eagles haven't beaten a good team since Carolina.
Carolina wins that game had Cam not went for the HR every throw down the stretch, but regardless that win was impressive

Besides that, the rest of the teams you've beaten stink. Cowboys included.
I can say you guys definitely dominate the teams you're supposed to but I need a marquee win before I say SB bound.
So yes, the next 2 games will say a lot.

I don't think philly is fraudulent by any means. They haven't just been winning but dominanting. Don't think you can say the same about most teams regardless of their opponent.

Not firing any sort of subs here but just my 2 cents,they remind me so much of Carolina 2 years ago. They both kind of came out of nowhere to run riot on the league during the season beating contenders and blowing teams out all the way to the SB off the back of an MVP season from their young QB. They also had a lot of sauce doing it the same way Philly is right now with all the dancing,posing on the sideline and just all around having fun. Gonna be interesting to see them keep it up in the postseason,I think they can imo.

They're def the most dominant regular season squad since that team

Kiffin is the best **** disturber in football right now,collegiate and pro

Can't help but root for dude with the way he makes folks radiate sodium constantly :lol:

Would love to see him back at Tenn with after the way things broke down the first time,it's gonna be a glorious mess

I think Phila is a good team BUT they're also benefiting from one of the worst NFL seasons we've ever seen. That's not their fault.

The one thing Lane was correct on was that he knew JaMarcus would be a bust in the NFL

Not firing any sort of subs here but just my 2 cents,they remind me so much of Carolina 2 years ago. They both kind of came out of nowhere to run riot on the league during the season beating contenders and blowing teams out all the way to the SB off the back of an MVP season from their young QB. They also had a lot of sauce doing it the same way Philly is right now with all the dancing,posing on the sideline and just all around having fun. Gonna be interesting to see them keep it up in the postseason,I think they can imo.

They're def the most dominant regular season squad since that team

we didnt completely come out of nowhere.. we had very very good pieces, but we were a very flawed team.. and we were 1-6 in 1 score games

we had pretty much zero CBs and WRs (and our RBs were kinda crap).. we had a good line, but that fell apart and with that so did our offense.. but i figured we would be a better team this year and in the 9-11 win range.. but not this

football outsiders was good on covering the team with their DVOA rating:
"Yes, that means that the Eagles finished the season fourth overall, although that ranking looks a lot less strange at 7-9 than it did at 5-9. Although the Eagles don't come close to having the best DVOA rating ever for a team that missed the playoffs, they do finish with the best DVOA rating ever for a team with a losing record. That record was previously held by the 2004 Kansas City Chiefs at 15.1%. The Chiefs improved to 10-6 the following season."
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/final-2016-dvoa-ratings

Last edited:
I think Phila is a good team BUT they're also benefiting from one of the worst NFL seasons we've ever seen. That's not their fault.

What makes this one of the worst nfl seasons? There's 15 of 32 teams .500 or above 12 weeks into the season. 11 of those teams are 7-4 or better. I mean if you're watching as a Giants fan then yes, this is a terrible season

Last edited:
^^"out of nowhere" was hyperbole on my part but I meant coming from either not making the playoffs or not being in the title picture at all to being legit dominant the very next season,who saw that coming?

Carolina also had good pieces leading up to that season but they hadn't made any real waves prior either outside of beating Ryan Lindley in the WC round

once Agholor was able to break the stillin curse Eagles started to flourish

last year he was catching balls like this against the Bears

USATSI_9554045_168382939_lowres.jpg

^^"out of nowhere" was hyperbole on my part but I meant coming from either not making the playoffs or not being in the title picture to being legit dominant the very next season,who saw that coming?

Carolina also had good pieces leading up to that season but they hadn't made any real waves prior either outside of beating Ryan Lindley in the WC round

I won't say that anyone saw the Eagles being 10-1 13 Weeks into the season. But I will say that a good number of Eagles fans (some on this board) called the defense being a top unit in the league before the season started. Definitely top 10. At the very least, the Eagles having a top defense in the league shouldn't be that surprising to anyone.

Cousins can walk away and the Skins can't do anything about it I believe

some team is gonna break the bank for him

"out of nowhere" was hyperbole on my part but I mean coming from not making the playoffs or being in the picture to being dominant the next season

i know.. i'm not trying get at you or anything.. i mean i didnt expect this.. i figured we would be like a 9-11 win team, i thought we had the highest floor of the NFC east teams (but thought others had higher ceilings)

i did not expect us to essentially solve our 2 biggest issues in a single offseason, especially at CB even with darby out so many games (and sid basically on a redshirt).. i mean hell, could say 3 considering what we've done with our RBs (even with sproles' injury)

i completely agree that we have benefited from what has happened with certain teams (like the cowboys).. but we got washington healthy, so those wins i consider quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom