**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And are y’all for real with the Nick Foles is better than ______ talk? :lol: Ive seen nick foles is better than this backup of that one a bunch since yesterday.

Nooo way would I trust nick folds!! Ewwwww...yuck! That 27/2 season was a looooong time ago!

He’s not on Russel Wilson’s level, but wentz is a BIG PART of why that offense is so good...we’re going from an A level qb, to a C- level guy in Foles....it’s gonna show....

You can quote these people so we can know who and more important what you're talking about..

Don't think anyone is saying wentz's loss will not be significant.. also not sure who is claiming foles is the greatest thing since sliced bread

And are y’all for real with the Nick Foles is better than ______ talk? :lol: Ive seen nick foles is better than this backup of that one a bunch since yesterday.

Nooo way would I trust nick folds!! Ewwwww...yuck! That 27/2 season was a looooong time ago!

He’s not on Russel Wilson’s level, but wentz is a BIG PART of why that offense is so good...we’re going from an A level qb, to a C- level guy in Foles....it’s gonna show....
it showed as soon as he entered the game. Foles is trash.

I don't give **** what Cowboy fans think about Wentz getting injured.

80% of them still think it's 1993. :lol:

The other 20% still think it's 2007.

I'm saying :lol:. Their squad won't be playing playoff football this year, so who really cares what they think? Wentz getting hurt will be the biggest win of the year for their franchise and fanbase.

yea I'm not a believer of Nick Foles.

saw one tweet saying that the eagles should be confident in him because he's better than the likes of Tom Savage.

well, the Texans and Tom savage are not in playoff contention, and do not have a first round bye to fight for :lol:

that team was in great position in a suspect division when Tom Savage took over, yeah that had other big injuries too but I can definitely say from what we've seen Tom Savage is awful. Nick Foles has won games in this league before, it's like yall don't see another backup Case Keenum balling out this season. Is the Eagles roster THAT much different than Minnesota's? I don't think its a stretch to say Nick Foles can beat the sorry Giants and Raiders and lock up home field if the Vikes take an L to A-Rod

Super bowl hopes, ZERO chance for the Eagles. But win a couple to end the year and maybe a playoff game it's not a stretch to me

yea I'm not a believer of Nick Foles.

saw one tweet saying that the eagles should be confident in him because he's better than the likes of Tom Savage.

well, the Texans and Tom savage are not in playoff contention, and do not have a first round bye to fight for :lol:

I think context and nuisance is very important in this convo..

We need to at least probably win 1 of our last 3 (@ Giants, then home for raiders and cowboys).. given those others teams have tougher games and play each other plus we have a little wiggle room

We win 2 (which is doable), we lock it up without depending on others

My most optimistic scenario, wentz has a whatever sprain and we can give him almost 5 weeks until our 1st playoff game

I know it's never going to happen, but if the eagles sign Kap and he helps win it all :lol::wow:

Story book ending. Forreal. Disney wouldn't be able to write a better ending.

I know it's never going to happen, but if the eagles sign Kap and he helps win it all :lol::wow:

Story book ending. Forreal. Disney wouldn't be able to write a better ending.

If wentz is out for rest of season, kaep signing actually makes sense.. you have multiple weeks to get him ready

I'd be all for signing Kaep, let Foles play a few weeks and if it doesn't look good, hand the reigns over to him

I mean this was one hell of a throw, he was hardly trash but no one expects him to be Wentz

I saw that.
Saw quite a few throws that were poor as well. Just the whole look of the o with him looked so different. (Obviously)
I Didn't miss one second of that game. Y'all have a good run game and your d is solid so youll be alright. That game was so much fun till wentz went down.

I'm saying :lol:. Their squad won't be playing playoff football this year, so who really cares what they think? Wentz getting hurt will be the biggest win of the year for their franchise and fanbase.

:lol: :rofl: Nick Foles is synonymous with playoff success. Can’t wait! :pimp:

I saw that.
Saw quite a few throws that were poor as well. Just the whole look of the o with him looked so different. (Obviously)
I Didn't miss one second of that game. Y'all have a good run game and your d is solid so youll be alright. That game was so much fun till wentz went down.

I mean any backup coming in, is in a tough situation just because they typically aren't running with the 1s in practice

That's why when there is a qb change over, for whatever reason, the no 1 target ends up being the 3rd or 4th WR or some guy he has worked with in the 2nd unit

Foles is a limited dude.. but our coaches (dougie and Schwartz) weren't great yesterday and our defense was sloppy way too often

Without wentz, it'll come down to coaches being a lot better, defense and running game.. we have the talent/ability to win at those phases of the game.. but wentz gave all 3 a lot of leeway

:lol: :rofl: Nick Foles is synonymous with playoff success. Can’t wait! :pimp:

See :lol: Tryna preach all that "I'd never root for a player to go down", crap. I know the true nature of you dudes, and a good number of you probably were feeling real good after he went down. It's all good though. Enjoy the couch this Winter.

does Foles NEED to be Wentz? yeah of course, there is a drop off at QB now. but this isn't a situation where a QB is carrying a trash or average team. the team is pretty damn good. i'm not saying Foles can coast and just protect the ball. he's gonna have to make plays for sure. but i think the Eagles can still make at least some type of run.

Isn't Foles one of the only back ups that would actually be better than Kap lol

As long as Eagles don't lose out they likely lock up the 1 seed and should do so next week vs Giants.

Home field throughout with the majority of teams being indoor or warm weather teams, idk, it's the NFL, i wouldn't exactly be shocked to see Eagles win a game or two. You could maybe argue the Eagles have a better chance at winning a game at home without Wentz than they would with Wentz walking into one of these domes. Maybe not, but home field is so damn important.

Unfortunately for Eagles it ends there and any real shot at Super Bowl is gone without Wentz.

I mean. Kap would be an upgrade. But I think the calendar hurts him, it’s too late in the season imo to sign anybody at QB and expect a big impact.

So unless Wentz comes back...Philly season ended yesterday because QB play is that important. don’t @me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom