**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not arguing with you a55a5in11 a55a5in11 or trying to prove a point. It's just that this rolled out without ANY sensitivity whatsoever. It was ALLOWED which is unfortunate.
I have no doubt that there are people outside of the states that are well aware of historical undertones and symbols of racism. I have no doubt.
For this particular piece it just seems/feels/reads like there was a lack of understanding.
I wouldn't argue that at all. I was more so responding to the view point people have that they don't have an understanding of the history of racism against blacks men and women over there.

I wouldn't argue that at all. I was more so responding to the view point people have that they don't have an understanding of the history of racism against blacks men and women over there.

I understand what you are saying now. I misspoke. You're right. It's wrong to assume that they don't have an understanding.

a55a5in11 a55a5in11 I understand. These kinds of things get people on edge.
To @aNYone's point the fact that it went through multiple levels of approval doesn't bode well either.
The Weeknd already cut ties with the company and more fallout to come I imagine.

H&M. Another company run by hacks and by hack designers who copy other artists through IG and Pinterest and "mood boards" to collect a check every month.
Whoever approved this direction is getting canned and probably sued by the artist for appropriation. This happens ALL THE TIME.

View attachment 2037229

Timeout. This is the original artwork? And H&M went ahead and changed the sweater slogan? :sick:

Timeout. This is the original artwork? And H&M went ahead and changed the sweater slogan? :sick:

Crazy right!? I think so. There is more to be dug up/discovered. Someone posted the artwork on The Weeknd's tweet in response to the H&M placement and it's making rounds on Twitter too.

no, that's not the original design inspiration. but H&M, Zara, F21 is known for ripping off designs and putting their generic twist to it.

Love the two, don't know about them together in the same night tho :lol: the thought of drinking after a sushi dinner....

Yea I don't where u been.. beer and sake is a must with sushi

I'd say beer with most seafood is the go

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom