Lock.

Getting into college is important... but you have to know what YOU want to do with your life.
Why does your father not want to pay for community college? What state are you in?
You qualify for a lot of scholarships with just your 3.0.
Get into a summer program this year, remember to be friendly with all your teachers.
You're going to need them for letters of recommendations.
Talk to your cap counselor.
To tell you the truth colleges look for variety; but you can still get into a good one.

Again.. Nothing wrong with community college.
Have a talk with your father and let him know you're your own person.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by I Eat Clouds

Originally Posted by jdidkc

why is community not an option? just go for 1-2 years and go to a better school.
My dad said he will NOT pay for community. I dont know why. He has high standards since my 2 older sisters are pretty successful. 
GEs for the first two years are basically the same...Save yourself 40K or so and go to JC, pay for it yourself or something.

Exactly. One thing ive never been sure about though. Is it easy to transfer with a good gpa?

Originally Posted by ThatKickKid

shut the $+!@ up you #%#!$+$ $%$%!. i'm a junior in H.S. and my dad just died 3 months ago. yet i keep on keeping on. like a MAN. smh. kids these days. i hate people that think that they have problems.

Sorry about your Dad but who are you to dictate who and who doesn't have problems?

why is community not an option? just go for 1-2 years and go to a better school.
My dad said he will NOT pay for community. I dont know why. He has high standards since my 2 older sisters are pretty successful. 
GEs for the first two years are basically the same...Save yourself 40K or so and go to JC, pay for it yourself or something.

Exactly. One thing ive never been sure about though. Is it easy to transfer with a good gpa?

Originally Posted by ThatKickKid

shut the $+!@ up you #%#!$+$ $%$%!. i'm a junior in H.S. and my dad just died 3 months ago. yet i keep on keeping on. like a MAN. smh. kids these days. i hate people that think that they have problems.

Sorry about your Dad but who are you to dictate who and who doesn't have problems?

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

There are starving kids and people getting raped, pillaged, and stoned to death in the world and this damn kid from usa suburbia is complaining about which college he should go to. Life CAN be way worse. Unless you're dead.
30t6p3b.gif

As a veteran that served this country, I feel discouraged when I see people like this because it lets me know that I put my life on the line so kids like this could b#@!@ about how their ipod burned out or complain that their life and school are like sooo boring oh my gawd. What to do? What to do?

Dude, burn your damn computer and don't even look at one from now on. Punch yourself in the face and then go to a homeless shelter and tell your story to a random bystander so they can anoint you with their backhand.
Seriously, shut up.
Go tell that to every student who is worried about their education and future.

idgaf if you're some veteran. What? You think just because yous served in the military that'll mean everyone will respect you?

Out of here with that. Excuse me if im worried about my education and my future.

How about you go tell what you wrote to some kid whos ipod burned out.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

There are starving kids and people getting raped, pillaged, and stoned to death in the world and this damn kid from usa suburbia is complaining about which college he should go to. Life CAN be way worse. Unless you're dead.
30t6p3b.gif

As a veteran that served this country, I feel discouraged when I see people like this because it lets me know that I put my life on the line so kids like this could b#@!@ about how their ipod burned out or complain that their life and school are like sooo boring oh my gawd. What to do? What to do?

Dude, burn your damn computer and don't even look at one from now on. Punch yourself in the face and then go to a homeless shelter and tell your story to a random bystander so they can anoint you with their backhand.
Seriously, shut up.
Go tell that to every student who is worried about their education and future.

idgaf if you're some veteran. What? You think just because yous served in the military that'll mean everyone will respect you?

Out of here with that. Excuse me if im worried about my education and my future.

How about you go tell what you wrote to some kid whos ipod burned out.

If you're worried about not getting into a good enough school (even though you could get into a bunch of state universities with that GPA), then bust your *$+%@$* %$$ dude. Life's all about hustling, and if you gotta put in some extra work then do it. But, before you do all that, you need to have a sit down with your dad, show him that you're not just some chump toolbag teenager and let him know that you're a confident, courageous young man that's willing to bust his %$$ to do as well as he can, and if busting your %$$ means only going to a community college, then he could be a good father and help pay for it, or you'll do it on your own. You're what 16, 17, start being assertive.

If you're worried about not getting into a good enough school (even though you could get into a bunch of state universities with that GPA), then bust your *$+%@$* %$$ dude. Life's all about hustling, and if you gotta put in some extra work then do it. But, before you do all that, you need to have a sit down with your dad, show him that you're not just some chump toolbag teenager and let him know that you're a confident, courageous young man that's willing to bust his %$$ to do as well as he can, and if busting your %$$ means only going to a community college, then he could be a good father and help pay for it, or you'll do it on your own. You're what 16, 17, start being assertive.

January is the most depressing month of the year.

- Holiday Hangover, laughs with the fam and parties suddenly are gone.

- Usually in debt from buying gifts and blowing money on NYE.

- Its the coldest month of the year (in most places)

- 60 percent of new years resolutions are fallen short in the first week.

- Everyone is on this "I'M GOING TO CHANGE MY LIFE" steez, only to find out they are in the same position months later.

- Everyone is on this "I'M GOING TO CHANGE MY LIFE" steez, only to find out they are in the same position months later.

those are not problems, OP.

you're still in a position to make any change you want to in life. starts with you, though. no one is going to hold your hand and urge you on. just man up and do it. you have nothing (from what you posted) to be depressed about.

those are not problems, OP.

you're still in a position to make any change you want to in life. starts with you, though. no one is going to hold your hand and urge you on. just man up and do it. you have nothing (from what you posted) to be depressed about.

First of all stop beating yourself up. You're actually in a good position in life.
Second just tell yourself what you're going through isn't hard and that you're going to get through it no matter what.
Having a positive attitude about your situation will help you overcome your depression.
I know it's hard to cope with the pressure but you just gotta tell yourself I gotta do what I gotta do to be somewhere I wanna be.
Don't know what else to tell you fam.
ohwell.gif

First of all stop beating yourself up. You're actually in a good position in life.
Second just tell yourself what you're going through isn't hard and that you're going to get through it no matter what.
Having a positive attitude about your situation will help you overcome your depression.
I know it's hard to cope with the pressure but you just gotta tell yourself I gotta do what I gotta do to be somewhere I wanna be.
Don't know what else to tell you fam.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

I don't know why but this had me
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

I don't know why but this had me
roll.gif

I find your dad to be a bit ignorant. JCs being no go's?

I have countless (ok, maybe it's countable) amount of friends who've transferred from JC. They're smart as hell too.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I'm pretty sure it would be, but that's my guesss.

I find your dad to be a bit ignorant. JCs being no go's?

I have countless (ok, maybe it's countable) amount of friends who've transferred from JC. They're smart as hell too.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I'm pretty sure it would be, but that's my guesss.

Back
Top Bottom