Lock

^ I agree completely, and I've said that countless times, on NikeTalk and off NT. And more than a few people agree with what you're saying.

After both of their World Series victories, they had yard sales in the next offseason. Bobby Bonilla? Josh Beckett? Sheffield? Pudge? Gone to the highestbidder, man.

if Zaga loses in the regional finals this year...you should hang it up and start over, that'd be bad *%!@ right there.
Oh, I kind of expect it; I was actually going to mention that earlier when IRON MAN mention my teams'woes.

But the Marlins continue to contend so it can't be all bad.

And if the stadium is empty like that picture shows, how can the team pay for Cabrera? Yea, yea, the organization put it upon themselves by selling offplayers, but at the same time, the fans don't support their team. When was the last time the stadium was packed? When Mike Piazza was catching? It's adouble edged sword in that respect. Bad teams still get SOME fan support. Look at the Pirates and Giants - they get fans coming out and they did worse than theMarlins (that's just off the top of my head). But I know for a fact that the Marlins have a brighter future than a lot of teams.

are you guys kidding me? so what if the fish have two world series in the past ten years, that's all in the past. how many people went to bulls games in 1999-2001?

they have no fanbase because of moves like this. who cares who they got back, they just traded away their best player, along with the face of the franchise, in ONE trade. they traded away young proven talent for young unproven talent.

the fish get young talent, let the talent develop, and when they can't pay them, they trade them away. the marlins are a glorified farm system. as this team struggles to get to .500 over the next few seasons, there is no doubt in my mind that once hanley and uggla get to arbitration they will be shipped off for younger talent as well. that is frustrating, and is a big part of why the fish have no fanbase.

mlb must step in and replace the owners, or move the team. if these owners can't afford to keep a $25 million payroll, then they shouldn't be allowed to own the team. plain and simple. we get mad the yankees for overspending; it's time to get on the marlins for NOT spending. stuff like this is killing major league baseball.

the fish were unwatchable last year because of all the errors from the infield and the terrible pitching. what will they be this year? worse. this team has NO chance of staying competitive in the nl east- i wouldn't expect anyone to watch or show up.

preach.jpg

I'm absolutely disgusted as a Marlins fan right now. You just gave away the two diamonds of your franchise for a bunch of pieces of coal. And by the timethose coals are ready to be diamonds, they'll be shipped off for next to nothing as well.

Loria and Sampson are absolute jokes. I'm not shocked that Loria was also the last owner of the Expos before they headed to D.C.

God I can't explain how disgusted, angry, and frustrated I am right now. It's really hard to be loyal to a team/franchise that has no interest inreciprocating that loyalty.

I am so hype for my Tigers.
That pitching staff is gonna be so mean, I think its 2nd or better to the red sox and indians may be 3rd now.

And omg the hitting, you kidding me right?
I can't wait to see them play....Comerica Park is gonna be live!

Here is the scouting report for Cameron Maybin by Tigers scouts.

Cameron Maybin
Position: Outfielder
Height: 6-3
Weight: 200
Born: 4/4/1987
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
Background
The Tigers top pick in the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, Maybin is one of those rare high school talents that people talk about for years. Coming out of TCRoberson High School, Maybin holds more school records than you can actually list here. He also holds the North Carolina state record for career battingaverage, ending his career hitting over .600. Despite a commitment to play baseball at South Carolina, there was almost no doubt he would turn pro. In the daysleading up to the draft, Maybin's stock was falling due to unfounded concerns over his signability. Rumors were circulating that Maybin's asking pricewas far higher than the actual figures demonstrated.

Maybin signed too late to make his debut in 2005, but put on an impressive display - including some monster home runs - during the Instructional League. Maybindebuted in full-season ball with West Michigan and didn't disappoint. He debuted on fire, taking home the April TigsTown West Michigan Player of the Monthaward. After coming back from a DL stint with a sprained index finger tendon, Maybin continued to hit all season, taking home another monthly award in July.For the season, Maybin ranked in the Midwest League top ten in steals (27), average (.304), OBP (.384), slugging (.457), and OPS (.841). All this led to hisbeing named the TigsTown Organizational Player of the Year, an award befitting such an elite talent.

The 2007 season saw much of the same for Maybin, at least in terms of on field success at the minor league level. Despite battling an injured shoulder while atLakeland, Maybin posted a .304/.392/.486 line in 83 games for the Flying Tigers. Maybin's 25 steals ranked him 8th in the Florida State League. Aftercoming back from a stint in the GCL to get rolling after some time on the disabled list, Maybin was promoted to AA-Erie, where he put on a brief six gameoffensive display; knocking a double and four home runs in 20 at-bats. After that explosive showing, the Tigers promoted Maybin to Detroit in hopes that hecould provide the spark the team needed down the stretch. Despite his struggles in Detroit, he was shipped off to the Arizona Fall League where his bum leftshoulder shut him down early. Despite such disappointment, he still rated as the top prospect in the league according to Baseball America.

Scouting Report
The term "5-tool talent" is often tossed around far too much, but when used in reference to Cameron Maybin, it should be taken seriously. Maybinpossesses speed, power, defensive prowess, a strong arm, and the ability to hit for average. Scouts believe Maybin has the speed and instincts to mancenterfield at the Major League level. Though some bystanders question his defensive abilities in light of his brief time in Detroit, most scouts are stillsold on his long term potential in center field. Even as Maybin adds additional muscle and weight, he should be able to maintain most of his top notch speed,allowing him to remain in the center of the field. On the bases, his instincts defy his age, as he swipes bases with an ability rarely seen by teenagers.

At the plate, Cameron commands the zone reasonably well for a young player and shows the raw skills to become a patient hitter who works counts in his favor.He has struggled with breaking balls, leading to some lofty strikeout totals, but that should diminish with experience. His long, wiry frame has incredible rawpower potential that could develop quickly given his advanced physical state. With advanced physical ability, he could hit 30-40 homeruns annually. He has hitfor average, and should continue to do so as he matures, given his speed and innate hand-eye coordination.

His enthusiasm for the game is infectious, and there is little standing in the way of him becoming a superstar. He works hard before and during games, and hasdemonstrated a willingness to put the team before his own personal goals; even in a tough environment in Lakeland in 2007.

Cameron's ceiling is nearly limitless. He should do everything anyone could want on a baseball field, and he should do it in a hurry. His comparisons haveranged from Vlad Guerrero and Andre Dawson, to Ken Griffey, Jr. While those comparisons may seem quite lofty, we are talking about a player with game changingability.

Health Record
In two seasons Maybin has seen a freak finger injury and a bum shoulder caused by an aggressive defensive play. Neither speaks towards concerns of aninjury-plagued player, but it does bear watching going forward to ensure it does not become a trend.

The Future
With the trade to Florida, Maybin will likely be given a legitimate opportunity to snatch the center field job in spring training. There is little doubting hisraw ability, but there may be some question whether he is truly ready to compete everyday at the Major League level.

He still has the same freakish abilities, and it is possible that given his struggles in Detroit, he may have a better picture of what he needs to do to becomethe superstar he is capable of becoming. Look for Maybin to get back to the big leagues at some point in 2008, and I doubt he'll leave for a long timeafter that return.

Mark Anderson is TigsTown's Managing Editor and feature Minor League writer. He

ska, peeps have to agree with what we are saying; it's the truth.

and i feel you eagleball. what's the point in supporting a team that is too busy pinching pennies? i mean, we're still down for the fish, but it'sunderstandable why a non die hard fan wouldn't want to show up for a game.

But the Marlins continue to contend so it can't be all bad.

And if the stadium is empty like that picture shows, how can the team pay for Cabrera?

contend? the fish have made the playoffs twice in their existence. that is not contending. that is pathetic. they got lucky in 2006 with joe g and greatpitching. so mix 2006 with 2007, and that is the 2008 marlins, if not worse.

not being able to pay for cabrera is exactly why we need a salary cap and a salary floor. i'm going to guess that at least 5 yankees will make more in 2008than the entire marlins team in 2008. just a guess.

also how many years left on Cabrera's deal..2 or 3?

what's to say he doesn't sign an extension and bounces somehwere else

maybe I'm wrong and he already signed one with the Tigers when the trade was made

Maybe were just delusional, but are is there any real chance of the Jays getting Linccecum. (There have been rumors of Rios for Linccecum)

If that did happen we would have one of the best young pitching staffs in the league once we dump that AJ Burnett on some fool.

I kept hearing on the radio that the Lincecum for Rios deal was on the table, Sabean was ready to go.

I personally can't decide if I like or dislike that trade. Rios is a good young player, some may even call him a developing "5 tool player" butLincecum should fetch more in return than just Alex Rios.

On the other hand, trading Lincecum isn't the end of the world considering his violent delivery to the plate. He can very fell have arm problems likePrior, or he could very well turn out to be an ace. And let's face it, Sabean has been wrong before - Joe Nathan + Francisco Liriano.

Alex Rios is good but there is practically zero offensive weapons on this team. If pitchers stay away from Rios, who will make them pay? Randy Winn?

dud Marlins fans. You guys got 2 rings in the past 8 years. Just wait fot them to rebuild witht their youngins and they'l be back in the postseason.Ya'll got a great GM in Beinfest.

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

I kept hearing on the radio that the Lincecum for Rios deal was on the table, Sabean was ready to go.

I personally can't decide if I like or dislike that trade. Rios is a good young player, some may even call him a developing "5 tool player" but Lincecum should fetch more in return than just Alex Rios.

On the other hand, trading Lincecum isn't the end of the world considering his violent delivery to the plate. He can very fell have arm problems like Prior, or he could very well turn out to be an ace. And let's face it, Sabean has been wrong before - Joe Nathan + Francisco Liriano.

Alex Rios is good but there is practically zero offensive weapons on this team. If pitchers stay away from Rios, who will make them pay? Randy Winn?

i forget. is lincecum the dude that looks liek he's 12 years old? If that's him, dude is gonna be a stud imo. I wouldnt trade him for Rios.

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

I personally can't decide if I like or dislike that trade. Rios is a good young player, some may even call him a developing "5 tool player" but Lincecum should fetch more in return than just Alex Rios.

On the other hand, trading Lincecum isn't the end of the world considering his violent delivery to the plate. He can very fell have arm problems like Prior, or he could very well turn out to be an ace. And let's face it, Sabean has been wrong before - Joe Nathan + Francisco Liriano.

Uhm Bennie Molina???
grin.gif

Alex Rios is going to be star He hit like .325 last year before the staph infection and had 20 homers before all star break he just has to get past this secondhalf slump he has every year. I studied Lincecums and I didn't see any injury prone pitcher indicators, judging from the stills didn't look Prior bad.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

also how many years left on Cabrera's deal..2 or 3?

what's to say he doesn't sign an extension and bounces somehwere else

maybe I'm wrong and he already signed one with the Tigers when the trade was made

Our owner will not let him walk or reach FA if he is producing like he should. I think they look at him and Willis as building blocks for our future. Ialso forgot that we have Yorman Bazardo who has been looking mighty impressive as well and might grab the 5th spot in order to move Nate Roberston.

If Lincecum gets traded for Rios, I'm going to go play on the freeway.

Tim Lincecum aka The Franchise (where my name comes from)

You can't trade "The Franchise" for a pretty good player in Rios.

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

It's Official all i want for Christmas is Tim Lincecum

I'd never trade Rios, he is the best player on the Jays, better than Wells. Rios can hit, run, play defense and is far more consistent than Wells. Letsnot forget that he's earning around $2.5 million a season to put up Allstar numbers.

And let's face it, Sabean has been wrong before
Even with your example, that's still an understatement
laugh.gif
tired.gif

The Giants have two choices...trade away either Lincecum or Cain for somebody to build an offense around, or wait it out for a couple of seasons until they candevelop/sign some talent. I would hope that they lock up both Lincecum and Cain because they are indeed the future. Alex Rios is a stud, but like my man saidearlier, who's going to protect him in the lineup? I'm pretty positive that it's the Jays who would have to throw some extra pieces into thatdeal.

The talks with the Reds are interesting...Votto or Jay Bruce + whoever...and at least Lincecum/Cain would be able to play for Dusty. I'm still not buyingthough.

Trade Lowry for the best deal possible, and Durham to whoever will take him. That would be a good start.

^ I'd trade Durham for a bag of chips even if they still had to take on most of his contract. Get these old%*$@%!*$ off the roster.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

It's Official all i want for Christmas is Tim Lincecum

I'd never trade Rios, he is the best player on the Jays, better than Wells. Rios can hit, run, play defense and is far more consistent than Wells. Lets not forget that he's earning around $2.5 million a season to put up Allstar numbers.

Yeah but him pretty sure his contract is expiring and I don't think J.P. is got remove his hands from his%!%# to pay him. Better to get something beforewe get Delgado'ed.

There is no reason to have arms like Hennessey, Correia, Sanchez and not package them up for something decent.

Trading away Lincecum at this stage in his career would be foolish. He can build up his value and we can demand much more for him.

Alex Rios won't take us out of the cellar. We need Alex Rios along with other productive players and right now Lincecum doesn't bring that in return.Or maybe Sabean just sucks are negociating.

EDIT: ^ They said Rios is signed through 2010.

are you guys kidding me? so what if the fish have two world series in the past ten years, that's all in the past. how many people went to bulls games in 1999-2001?

No I'm not kidding you. Tell me that those two titles in 10 whole friggin years of existence don't mean anything. Go ahead and try to passthat %*%$ off on me. N I N E T Y N I N E Y E A R S......99......1 less than 100........1 shy of a century.

And you want me to feel sorry for the poor poor Marlins and all their "frustrations"?

Back
Top Bottom