Lock

Giants should demand Rios and someone else, maybe Thigpen a catcher but hes nothing special. Personally I'd keep him and Cain and sign someone as a FA inthe coming offseasons. They're not winning this year, but they could easily win next year in that division if these pitchers keep developing and they signsome hitters. Zito is a terrible signing but he cant be this bad for the length of his contract. Eventually he'll give them some decent years. The giantsposition players are pathetic though. This kind of trade might be necessary.

I wouldn't trade Rios for Lincecum...i'm just not a big fan of trading away everyday players for someone who only plays every 5 days.
The Reds have been interested in Cubs starter Mark Prior, but such a move carries lots of question marks. Prior is coming off shoulder surgery and has pitched just 36 times in the Majors in the past three seasons, and not at all in 2007. An optimistic return to the mound wasn't expected until May.

The right-handed Prior, who made $3.575 million last season is eligible for arbitration one last time before he can be a free agent after 2008. The Cubs have until Dec. 12 to tender an offer to the former first-round Draft pick and probably would be hesitant in dealing him to a division rival like the Reds.

The Padres, Rangers and Phillies are also believed to be pursuing Prior, a San Diego native.

Media reports have continued to have Cincinnati interested in trading for the Orioles' ace Erik Bedard. Baltimore is believed to be asking all interested teams for top-end Major League-ready prospects in return.

Reports have also connected the Reds with veteran free agent starters Jon Lieber and Glendon Rusch. Lieber missed the last half of the 2007 season with a foot injury while Rusch missed all of last year after suffering a blood clot in his lung in 2006.

good to see us trying to get a starting pitcher. maybe Dusty can help get Prior, i wouldn't mind taking the chance on him. hell, most of our 4th and 5thstarters usually only pitch a few games anyways
laugh.gif
then we put someoneelse in their spot in the rotation.

can't imagine what we'd have to give up for Bedard.

Glendon Rusch?
sick.gif
Bronson Arroyo has homered off him....twice.

call me crazy but i'm actually more happy and pleased that we got dukes instead of aj.

dukes is focused now that he has fled tampa. a focused dukes is a scary thing statistically speaking. he's a beast of a ballplayer!

theres a debate going on over on the nationals message board and i'd like to get your guys input.

who would you start in right field...elijah dukes or austin kearns? it's not really worth it's own topic so i thought i'd post it in here.obviously i'm leading the lone dukes charge.

No I'm not kidding you. Tell me that those two titles in 10 whole friggin years of existence don't mean anything. Go ahead and try to pass that %*%$ off on me. N I N E T Y N I N E Y E A R S......99......1 less than 100........1 shy of a century.

And you want me to feel sorry for the poor poor Marlins and all their "frustrations"?
of course they mean something, but to use it as an excuse to watch any product that's thrown at you is stupid. like i said before, who went tobulls games in 1999-2001? nobody; the product sucked, so people saved their money. the marlins won a championship 4 years ago, so i should buy tickets for thisseason? that makes little sense.

i never said anything about feeling sorry for the fish. but you must understand why so many marlins fans feel the way that they do. it has to be frustrating tobe marlins fan; in these past ten years they have had three different owners, and with each one the fans never know what direction the organization is goingin.

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

call me crazy but i'm actually more happy and pleased that we got dukes instead of aj.

dukes is focused now that he has fled tampa. a focused dukes is a scary thing statistically speaking. he's a beast of a ballplayer!

theres a debate going on over on the nationals message board and i'd like to get your guys input.

who would you start in right field...elijah dukes or austin kearns? it's not really worth it's own topic so i thought i'd post it in here. obviously i'm leading the lone dukes charge.
you are crazy.

as far as your question, i gave my opinion a few pages back:

wildKYcat wrote:
milledge would become our 4th outfielder even though i think he should def start over kearns in right.

Kearns plays a gold-glove caliber outfield and now that he finally got thru a full season for the first time ever, he'll report to spring training healthy and be primed for a break out season.

and Willy Mo will never be an All-Star. I'd admire your optimism though.

18mil/per?

This deal makes Beltran look like a steal.
laugh.gif

All kidding aside, maybe he can actually play like he cares and pad those stats when his contract year comes up. If I were the Dodgers, I would have just keptthe young guys out there, but the defense in the outfield certainly improves for the time being.

Kearns plays a gold-glove caliber outfield and now that he finally got thru a full season for the first time ever, he'll report to spring training healthy and be primed for a break out season.
i think your opinion is slightly bias seeing as i connected the dots between kearns being kentucky bred and you being from that area.
happy.gif
yes, he does play stellar defense but we were dead last in baseball in runslast year, we need offense and his bat is a snooze-fest.

i think there should be an open competition for rights to rf between dukes and kearns in spring training. that would be bad news for kearns imo because dukeswould throughly outplay him.

Another player who was great somewhere else comes to the Dodgers
roll.gif
. I guarantee you guys Andruw will be a shell of his former self in Los Angeles,it's the Dodgers tradition.

i think your opinion is slightly bias seeing as i connected the dots between kearns being kentucky bred and you being from that area.
believe me, there's no bias.

!@#$%^& Come on, Sabean! Sitting on his$#++ while the rest of the already stacked division keeps getting better. And no, trading Lincecum for Rios is NOTthe answer.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

18mil/per?

This deal makes Beltran look like a steal.
laugh.gif

All kidding aside, maybe he can actually play like he cares and pad those stats when his contract year comes up. If I were the Dodgers, I would have just kept the young guys out there, but the defense in the outfield certainly improves for the time being.

while i like Andruw coming to LA (see avatar, called it a month in advance
laugh.gif
) i DONOT like the money hes getting. 18 per is INSANE, i remember when id complain so much about having shawn green for 15.5/year
laugh.gif

BUT this is the way coletti does business, offers bloated short term deals in order to get a short term solution WITHOUT blocking the kids for too long.
Another player who was great somewhere else comes to the Dodgers
roll.gif
. I guarantee you guys Andruw will be a shell of his former self in Los Angeles, it's the Dodgers tradition.

dont remind me FirstBorn, too many times. I will say though....in THIS case im HOPING that andruw is one of those guys who only caresabout the $$$$$$$$ and thus will play his*$#* off in order to get one more fat check in 2 years time. no Jason Schmidt, Kevin Brown, Gary Sheffield, FredMcGriff type occurances this time around PLEASEEEEEEE
frown.gif

now......my only hope is this doesnt mean byebye for Kemp
smh.gif
i dont want tohave to witness Konerko part2 all over again
Dam Andruw Jones pe jordans are going to be :ekk

aj12_wht_blue_5.jpg

spizike_wht_red_blue.jpg

aj4_wht_mil_blue.jpg

aj5_wht_roy_stlth.jpg

aj7_wht_blue.jpg

aj9_wht_gry.jpg

aj10_wht_obs_ice_12.jpg

aj11_lo_wht_col.jpg

(high tops
eek.gif
:wow: )
aj12_blk_uni.jpg

aj13_wht_blue_5.jpg

aj13_wht_gry_uni.jpg

aj14_blk_uni.jpg

aj17_blk_3.jpg

aj20_west_5.jpg

eek.gif
THE CHOICESWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
smokin.gif

So what is the Dodgers outfield looking like?

LF: Juan Pierre
CF: Andruw Jones
RF: Matt Kemp

???

Almost as good as my Giants starting OF of Roberts, Rajai, and Winn. Talk about intimidating...
smh.gif

O's news....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...0,2777882.story

For the second consecutive winter meetings, the Orioles are involved in serious trade talks involving second baseman Brian Roberts.

Several baseball sources today said the Chicago Cubs, a frequent trade partner of the Orioles and a team that needs a left-handed hitter, are aggressively pursuing Roberts, the Orioles' lone 2007 All-Star.

One baseball source said that there is a three-player deal on the table that would include a starting pitcher coming back to the Orioles. Although no specifics have been revealed, the Orioles in the past have been high on lefty Rich Hill and right-hander Sean Gallagher.

Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail and Cubs GM Jim Hendry, who are close friends, had lunch Tuesday and met for well over an hour. MacPhail would not characterize the nature of the talks.

The Cubs are looking for a left-handed hitting second baseman after failing to sign free agent Kaz Matsui, who reached a deal with the Houston Astros. The Cubs' biggest offensive threats are right-handed hitters -- Alfonso Soriano, Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez.

The talks are serious enough that MacPhail has been in contact with Rocky Hall, the agent for free agent second baseman Tadahito Iguchi, to gauge Iguchi's interest in case Roberts is moved.

Hall said if Roberts were traded, the Orioles would be in Iguchi's top three, which also includes the San Diego Padres and Los Angeles Dodgers. The Philadelphia Phillies, for whom Iguchi played part of last year, also would be in the mix, but due to league rules, he would not be able to play for the Phillies until May 15 unless Major League Baseball granted him a waiver, Hall said.

Even if the Orioles have a deal in place, it would have to be approved by team owner Peter Angelos, who last year nixed a Roberts-based deal to the Atlanta Braves that would have yielded first baseman Adam LaRoche and second baseman Marcus Giles.

Angelos has been reticent in the past to trade Roberts, 30, a personal and fan favorite. It is believed he would rather trade other veterans instead, such as shortstop Miguel Tejada or catcher Ramon Hernandez.

But Roberts, a leadoff hitter who made his second all-star team last season, is probably the Orioles' second most coveted trade chip behind starter Erik Bedard.

Latest update:

10:03 p.m., from Amy Nelson
• If Brian Roberts is traded to the Cubs, it's believed that it might not happen until the Orioles complete a trade for either Erik Bedard or Miguel Tejada. According to a source with knowledge of Baltimore's trade talks, the O's have had so much interest in their players that they "have a lot on their table." But the relationship between Andy McPhail and Cubs GM Jim Hendry dates back several years, so a trade could happen faster than it would with other clubs. Rich Hill, originally thought to be part of a deal, is currently not in the discussions. Instead, Chicago likely would send upper-level prospects to Baltimore. Among the names being considered are Sean Marshall, Sean Gallagher, Felix Pie and Donnie Veal .

laugh.gif
@ Being more excited about Elijah Dukes than Andruw Jones...

Does Jones signing in LA make Andre Ethier or Kemp expendable? Or will they eat some of Pierre's deal to try and get him outta town?

Seems like Detroit wants to unload Dontrelle as well as Pudge to the Mets,m which shouldn't take much bargaining chips b/c Detroit wants the Mets to takemost of the salary (the trade would probably start with Schneider).

....I would do this trade asap rather than take someone like Livan, I'm tired of the Mets PRETENDING to be a small market team at times. They'll makebs offers to big names just to "show" the fans they had some sort of interest, but it'll always get declined because its a lowball offer. TheMets have their own network, a new stadium coming up, etc, take some payroll if you want your team to be significantly better in 1 day.

For your morning A's update, the A's are interested in middle of the pack outfielder Geoff Jenkins. Billy, you will never change.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom