Longest Single Drive have you ever done? Vol New Job

I just drove from New Orleans to Alexandria, VA last night to start my new job on Monday. It took me 16 hours and I really didn't stop for anything but gas.

What are some of you guys longest voyage via Personal Vehicle?

Originally Posted by yungchris504

I just drove from New Orleans to Alexandria, VA last night to start my new job on Monday. It took me 16 hours and I really didn't stop for anything but gas.

Congrats OP on your new job....what field are you in?

Chicago to NY - 14 hours
I didn't realize how large the state of Pennsylvania is

NYC to Berrien Springs, MI when I was in college.  12 hrs.  I wouldn't wish the stretch of road through Pennsylvania on my worst enemy.....
sick.gif

Almost lost my life there too.  Skid off the road in a snow storm, hit the guard rail, then spun back into the middle of the road to get hit on the passenger side door by the car behind me............THEN we both got hit by the 18 wheeler behind us.  Walked away without a scratch.......
tired.gif

Pensacola, Fl to San Deigo, CA

3 days chillin, 23 hrs straight shot.

Also did Pensacola to NYC, but I think the Cali trip was longer.

^ Im a fan of your SN and avy

Drove from Louisville, KY to NN, VA many a time, approximately 11 hrs, not too bad.

Last time i did it i left late waiting on UPS to deliver some kicks. Left around 8 PM; i swear around 4 AM i saw a vampire on the interstate. #mymindplayintricksneme

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Congrats OP on your new job....what field are you in?

Chicago to NY - 14 hours
I didn't realize how large the state of Pennsylvania is
Thanks man.

I was a Field Engineer for this company called Kongsberg working on Control Systems the new job is a Patent Examiner position in Electrical Engineering.

I feel the same way about VA, when I got through Tennessee I didn't realize I still had another 8 hours to go
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Pensacola, Fl to San Deigo, CA

3 days chillin, 23 hrs straight shot.

Also did Pensacola to NYC, but I think the Cali trip was longer.

Cot Damn but I felt like I could've drove longer though

That's a hike...welcome to  VA.

There are a lot of folks in the Northern VA area and you are only 15 minutes from DC (or 4 hours depending on 95 traffic). 

There is something for everyone to do around these parts.  If you need any advice, input, or guidance there are plenty of us around, just reach out. 

Not as much as y'all... But Vegas to Tucson was my longest.

I've drove from Vegas to LA and Vegas to St. George.

longest i made was from Orlando to South Carolina, stopped for a couple hours, and came right back. 17-18 hours driving a 12 seat van wtih 14 people in it. NEVER. AGAIN. -_-

TX to Cali...Cali to TX, give or take 22 hours while just stopping for gas and usually one time to eat...I usually drive 10-12 hours then get a break and my wife drives for a few hours...on our drive back last year, we left Cali around 4PM which was 6PM TX time...I drove for 18 hours straight which was noon, TX time...stopped to put gas in Abilene and my wife drove from Abilene to Arlington, which was the last 2 hours...

Berlin - Budapest it took exceptionally long, cause I had a trailer with a car on it, about 12 hours.

From Lawrence, KS to ATL- broke up over two days, technically. Drove from Spokane, WA to Denver in one day. That was the longest drive I have ever done. Wyoming is a big, big state at 1 in the morning, lol. 

With my family from MA to FL but we stopped and chilled.

By myself from ATL to Houston. Took about 16 hours and only stopped for gas/food. Never again though
sick.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom