Longest time you would wait in line for FOOD? VOL. five guys just opened..

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

I live in LA, it seems like that's the thing to do. Wait for food that is over hyped, over priced, that taste marginal is that. Giving the era of our existence, i believe its just plain stupid to wait in a long line for food. Even for good food.

sick.gif

Do you ever go to D D Reese?

I've gone there a couple times and even though the line's long it moves pretty quick, but it could have been that I got lucky.

When I think about lines I think about Phil's BBQ in SD. Every weekend its like about a hour or more long wait during dinner hours (4-
glasses.gif
. I stopped waiting in line and just pick up to go which doesn't take me no more than 5 mins.

Do you ever go to D D Reese?

I've gone there a couple times and even though the line's long it moves pretty quick, but it could have been that I got lucky.

When I think about lines I think about Phil's BBQ in SD. Every weekend its like about a hour or more long wait during dinner hours (4-
glasses.gif
. I stopped waiting in line and just pick up to go which doesn't take me no more than 5 mins.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

five guys is trash in the burger game. 

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:
I live inLA, it seems like that's the thing to do. Wait for food that is overhyped, over priced, that taste marginal is that. Giving the era of ourexistence, i believe its just plain stupid to wait in a long line forfood. Even for good food.

Yep.

Only time i'll willingly wait in line for food is at Pinks, that's because I like the time spent in line talking to strangers in the line and more importantly, I love their product. I only go once a year or so.

I do NOT wait for food though, if I have to wait more than 30 minutes I dip. There's so many good breakfast spots out here in the LB/Southbay but they all have like a 45 minute wait on weekends, $#%! that noise I hit up the local spots that I love and probably enjoy it more.

I mean how much better can their sunny side up eggs be than the ones I get at Pollys or LB Cafe
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: The only time I break this rule is when going out with a big party, I mean, you can't always have it your way right?
eyes.gif

I was just bout to mention pinks as one of the few places I'd wait, & waiting there is actually fun.
Some people parked on the curb right up front, start blasting music, & hitting reefer like nothing. These kinds of lines I can wait for

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:
I live in LA, it seems like that's the thing to do. Wait for food that is over hyped, over priced, that taste marginal is that. Giving the era of our existence, i believe its just plain stupid to wait in a long line for food. Even for good food.

Yep.

Only time i'll willingly wait in line for food is at Pinks, that's because I like the time spent in line talking to strangers in the line and more importantly, I love their product. I only go once a year or so.

I do NOT wait for food though, if I have to wait more than 20 minutes I dip. There's so many good breakfast spots out here in the LB/Southbay but they all have like a 45 minute wait on weekends, %!+@ that noise I hit up the local spots that I love and probably enjoy it more.

I mean how much better can their sunny side up eggs be than the ones I get at Pollys or LB Cafe
30t6p3b.gif
LB cafe on Ocean? if so that place is BOMB. .  I frequent LB a lot my aunt lives off of Ocean and Atlantic.  I live in Southbay I dont know to many spots that stay packed.

And seriously Pinks? You wait in that line for chili and Hotdogs? The 2 times Ive been two pinks there was no line, but the food was just greasey and heavy. Which is cool if that's your style but ill pass. Do you ever go to D D Reese?

line at dd reese moves fairly quickly though.  even though it seems to snake around the damn building, you can usually get in and out inside of 10-15 min (as long as its not the busiest hour of the week)

waiting an hour plus for "fast food" is crazy OD though.  i never really understood people who are willing to wait out the huge lines for free food giveaways.  i dont want to sound like an elitist, but is your time worth that little?  I mean, i dont make a ton of money but id rather just go to work for an hour and make the money to buy the meal and then some instead of waiting 2 hours for a free $5 burrito or whatever

Pretty much time = money

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at people waiting in line for over an hour for a $5 burrito...

Chicken and Rice over here in NYC on a busy night is prob a 20 min wait, but your drunk so it doesnt feel that much
laugh.gif

I remeber when they opened a Sonic over here in jersey the wait was like 30 mins
sick.gif
sick.gif
and sonic aint even that good

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:

Yep.

I do NOT wait for food though, if I have to wait more than 20 minutes I dip. There's so many good breakfast spots out here in the LB/Southbay but they all have like a 45 minute wait on weekends, %!+@ that noise I hit up the local spots that I love and probably enjoy it more.

30t6p3b.gif
LB cafe on Ocean? if so that place is BOMB. .  I frequent LB a lot my aunt lives off of Ocean and Atlantic.  I live in Southbay I dont know to many spots that stay packed.

And seriously Pinks? You wait in that line for chili and Hotdogs? The 2 times Ive been two pinks there was no line, but the food was just greasey and heavy. Which is cool if that's your style but ill pass. Do you ever go to D D Reese?

line at dd reese moves fairly quickly though.  even though it seems to snake around the damn building, you can usually get in and out inside of 10-15 min (as long as its not the busiest hour of the week)

waiting an hour plus for "fast food" is crazy OD though.  i never really understood people who are willing to wait out the huge lines for free food giveaways.  i dont want to sound like an elitist, but is your time worth that little?  I mean, i dont make a ton of money but id rather just go to work for an hour and make the money to buy the meal and then some instead of waiting 2 hours for a free $5 burrito or whatever

Pretty much time = money

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at people waiting in line for over an hour for a $5 burrito...

Chicken and Rice over here in NYC on a busy night is prob a 20 min wait, but your drunk so it doesnt feel that much
laugh.gif

I remeber when they opened a Sonic over here in jersey the wait was like 30 mins
sick.gif
sick.gif
and sonic aint even that good

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:
I live inLA, it seems like that's the thing to do. Wait for food that is overhyped, over priced, that taste marginal is that. Giving the era of ourexistence, i believe its just plain stupid to wait in a long line forfood. Even for good food.

Yep.

I do NOT wait for food though, if I have to wait more than 30 minutes I dip. There's so many good breakfast spots out here in the LB/Southbay but they all have like a 45 minute wait on weekends, $#%! that noise I hit up the local spots that I love and probably enjoy it more.

30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: The only time I break this rule is when going out with a big party, I mean, you can't always have it your way right?
eyes.gif

I was just bout to mention pinks as one of the few places I'd wait, & waiting there is actually fun.
Some people parked on the curb right up front, start blasting music, & hitting reefer like nothing. These kinds of lines I can wait for

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:

Yep.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
yessir that LB Cafe, they cook a good meal whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner
smile.gif

Yeah. . . Pinks. There's one out in Buena Park, but it's not as good, sucks in fact. The whole thought of us driving out to Hollywood/LA and getting a dog seems rather silly, but I enjoy it. I don't know about greasy though, might've been what you had. While it def is heavy, it'll stick to your ribs and have you good for the day haha

D D Reese?
nerd.gif
school me

An hour at Pink's my first time. Swung by on a whim, and boy, it was tasty food and fun just chatting with folks. Second time I went to Pink's, I went at like 10am on Saturday and got the exact same thing in 15 minutes. Chili dogs.... yum.

An hour at Pink's my first time. Swung by on a whim, and boy, it was tasty food and fun just chatting with folks. Second time I went to Pink's, I went at like 10am on Saturday and got the exact same thing in 15 minutes. Chili dogs.... yum.

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:

Yep.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
yessir that LB Cafe, they cook a good meal whether it be breakfast lunch or dinner
smile.gif

Yeah. . . Pinks. There's one out in Buena Park, but it's not as good, sucks in fact. The whole thought of us driving out to Hollywood/LA and getting a dog seems rather silly, but I enjoy it. I don't know about greasy though, might've been what you had. While it def is heavy, it'll stick to your ribs and have you good for the day haha

D D Reese?
nerd.gif
school me

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:

Yep.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
smile.gif

D D Reese?
nerd.gif
school me

http://www.diddyriese.com/home.php

gotta try it at least once
pimp.gif
, but it's like crack so you'll probably make more then one visit.

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:

Yep.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
smile.gif

D D Reese?
nerd.gif
school me

pimp.gif

they getting ready to open one down the street from my job and a 10hr sit down job too......it wont end well.

they getting ready to open one down the street from my job and a 10hr sit down job too......it wont end well.

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:

Yep.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
smile.gif

D D Reese?
nerd.gif
school me

pimp.gif

Its dumb cheap too.

Yep.
YouMadYouBad wrote:

Yep.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
smile.gif

D D Reese?
nerd.gif
school me

pimp.gif

Its dumb cheap too.

5 guys just opened out my way as well....bout 20 mins in line and then another 15-20 waiting on my order
ohh yea the place is overrated...they come down south and act like we eat bland food 
laugh.gif
...burgers had no seasoning
30t6p3b.gif

5 guys just opened out my way as well....bout 20 mins in line and then another 15-20 waiting on my order
ohh yea the place is overrated...they come down south and act like we eat bland food 
laugh.gif
...burgers had no seasoning
30t6p3b.gif

5 Guys just opened in Evanston too
laugh.gif

The lines there and at Chipotle after football/basketball games are just ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

5 Guys just opened in Evanston too
laugh.gif

The lines there and at Chipotle after football/basketball games are just ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom