Look at this Audi I found on Craigslist... is this a good deal?

Doesn't say the mileage but says:
-New clutch done iat 208K
-Timing belt kit was done at 200k
-Heater Core replaced 208K
-spark plugs done at 210K
-spark plugs wires done at 210K
-Cross drilled rotors front and back with new brake pads done at 200k

Leaving me to believe it has over 210k miles.
eek.gif
I'd pass but I'm not an experts on Audi's.

For 3500 its a decent car. If you like it ask him if you could get it checked out before you buy, just to be safe. Id cop if i had a license, enough money, orlived in toronto

I wouldn't do it. That mileage is insanely high. Add to the fact that Audi's are one of the most expensive car brands to repair.... just seems like youcould get something better for the price.

I would save up and get something in this decade. Probably less repair costs... That is unless you really want an A4 from that generation.

he wants a point A to point B car and picks a 200+K mileage audi? he just wants to stunt and say he has a audi

way better choices for the price and wont cost you an arm and a leg

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

youll probably end up paying double that within the next few years in repairs
Yup, you'll definitely be putting more into the car than what you get out of it.

I wouldn't buy an Audi built before this Millennium.

There is a reason why you don't see many old Audi's driving around.

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

I guess, just be ready for some astronomically high repair bills.

i have the same model & year & i have spent over 3k in the last 2 yrs .....very nice cars.... very high repair bills.......& i can't even finda decent oil change for under $50

Im a huge Audi fan( I have had 4 audis since I was 16 , a 98 A42.8, a 2001 S4, a 2004 A8L, and a 2008 S4 you'll probably go thru some control arms, thestupid rubber door trims, ball joints, there were a lot of transmission issues especially in autos, you're supposed to use special Audi fluids whichare expensive. The 96-01 A4 is a great car to drive but some of the parts are just horribly designed. Plus if you live somewhere it snows I would NEVER buy anon quattro the car itself is only really worth like 2500 so its an ok price with the extras but if you have for 2-3 years you could end up putting anywherefrom 3k-6k into it, and I really don't think its worth it. It's better to get something newer that's cheap to maintain like a Japanese or Americancar

Back
Top Bottom