Look at this.

Honestly, I understand they are basketball shoes, but I also understand that JB quality is not as it once was, so why would I even put myself in that situation.

These new retros suck for basketball.

Honestly, I understand they are basketball shoes, but I also understand that JB quality is not as it once was, so why would I even put myself in that situation.

These new retros suck for basketball.

I actually found out the poor quality of white/varsity 6's, the side leather shape aren't even matching...

thinking about returning mine...got it from FNL with a discount tho...

I actually found out the poor quality of white/varsity 6's, the side leather shape aren't even matching...

thinking about returning mine...got it from FNL with a discount tho...

A few years ago wasn't everyone blowing out their achilles playing in the Vs? That ended any aspirations I had for playing in retros. Go hunt down some M3s - best bball shoe ever.

A few years ago wasn't everyone blowing out their achilles playing in the Vs? That ended any aspirations I had for playing in retros. Go hunt down some M3s - best bball shoe ever.

That's exactly why I didn't buy those, they looked way too cheap on the shelf and felt like plastic instead of leather.

That's exactly why I didn't buy those, they looked way too cheap on the shelf and felt like plastic instead of leather.

ive balled in my cdp 12, 11, and retro X and V and none have fallen apart...i assume it just defective and another thing i ask is do you leave your shoes in the car in the heat? i know some people (i am guilty of it) leave their gym bag with shoes in the car from time to time and the heat can cause the shoe to unglue or etc. so just a thought.

but ive not had any problems with jordans retros except for the fact that it has old tech and not cushioned enough makes it hard for me to play long in them. however once i throw in some spenco insoles its good to go.

ive balled in my cdp 12, 11, and retro X and V and none have fallen apart...i assume it just defective and another thing i ask is do you leave your shoes in the car in the heat? i know some people (i am guilty of it) leave their gym bag with shoes in the car from time to time and the heat can cause the shoe to unglue or etc. so just a thought.

but ive not had any problems with jordans retros except for the fact that it has old tech and not cushioned enough makes it hard for me to play long in them. however once i throw in some spenco insoles its good to go.

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

"Old tech" doesn't bother me, because honestly, past the Vs, nothing has changed so dramatically in sneaker tech that I believe it makes a big difference in performance (and yes, I've tried playing in newer Nikes).  Sure, there have been new "innovations" introduced over the years, but nothing has felt like a huge improvement.  Just marketing, like any other industry that introduces "new, breakthrough technology".  It's the lack of cushioning, and the ability to hold up to the abuse on the basketball court that I'm concerned with, and both of those are a problem for the retros due to quality, not due to lack of technology.  The originals had plenty of cushioning and durability, so it's not because it was lacking in the initial design/product.  It's that JB wants to cut as many corners as it can these days since retros sell themselves despite lack of quality and comfort.

My Nubuck XIIs are actually holding up OK (even used them outdoors a few times), but my white/fire red Vs are falling apart (and smearing paint all over the place) too badly for the amount I've used them (much less than the XIIs, and only on indoor courts).  BTW, after a couple months of debating whether or not to keep my infrared pack, this thread has helped me finally make my decision.

Originally Posted by ponyboy

Wow that sucks!!... this has to stop! -ponyboy
As do your posts.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

"Old tech" doesn't bother me, because honestly, past the Vs, nothing has changed so dramatically in sneaker tech that I believe it makes a big difference in performance (and yes, I've tried playing in newer Nikes).  Sure, there have been new "innovations" introduced over the years, but nothing has felt like a huge improvement.  Just marketing, like any other industry that introduces "new, breakthrough technology".  It's the lack of cushioning, and the ability to hold up to the abuse on the basketball court that I'm concerned with, and both of those are a problem for the retros due to quality, not due to lack of technology.  The originals had plenty of cushioning and durability, so it's not because it was lacking in the initial design/product.  It's that JB wants to cut as many corners as it can these days since retros sell themselves despite lack of quality and comfort.

My Nubuck XIIs are actually holding up OK (even used them outdoors a few times), but my white/fire red Vs are falling apart (and smearing paint all over the place) too badly for the amount I've used them (much less than the XIIs, and only on indoor courts).  BTW, after a couple months of debating whether or not to keep my infrared pack, this thread has helped me finally make my decision.

Originally Posted by ponyboy

Wow that sucks!!... this has to stop! -ponyboy
As do your posts.

man I feel you, I balled in my fire red III's ONE TIME and my sh*t started cracking, JB your hanging on by a very thin thread, i'm bout done with you and I been a loyal member for bout 10+ years now.

man I feel you, I balled in my fire red III's ONE TIME and my sh*t started cracking, JB your hanging on by a very thin thread, i'm bout done with you and I been a loyal member for bout 10+ years now.

Back
Top Bottom