Looking back at MLB Predictions Vol. at the midway now

I'm not saying you're wrong JoRDaN201..but take a look at the Yankee departures:

Jason Giambi: Coming of a 32-home run season (20th in the MLB, 8th in the AL), 96 RBIs while posting a .247batting average. Those are great #s and maybe Teixiera can come right in and put up similar numbers, but that's yet to be seen and who knows...he may wiltunder the pressure of the NY fans and media. Again, not saying it will happen, but it could happen.

Bobby Abreu: 2008 was a great year for Abreu...hit 20 homeruns, knocked in 100 RBIs and now Xavier Nady willhave to fill his role. Can he? Yes. Will he? Remains to be seen.

Mike Mussina: Had a great year...20 win season, 150 Ks, and a 3.37 ERA. If CC and Burnett don't work outin NY Moose will be severely missed.

All I'm saying is that on paper, yes, the Yankees look good. But isn't that how it is every year? After about a month of regular seasonbaseball...we'll have a better idea where this team is

Originally Posted by JPZx

I'm not saying you're wrong JoRDaN201..but take a look at the Yankee departures:

Jason Giambi: Coming of a 32-home run season (20th in the MLB, 8th in the AL), 96 RBIs while posting a .247 batting average. Those are great #s and maybe Teixiera can come right in and put up similar numbers, but that's yet to be seen and who knows...he may wilt under the pressure of the NY fans and media. Again, not saying it will happen, but it could happen.

Bobby Abreu: 2008 was a great year for Abreu...hit 20 homeruns, knocked in 100 RBIs and now Xavier Nady will have to fill his role. Can he? Yes. Will he? Remains to be seen.

Mike Mussina: Had a great year...20 win season, 150 Ks, and a 3.37 ERA. If CC and Burnett don't work out in NY Moose will be severely missed.

All I'm saying is that on paper, yes, the Yankees look good. But isn't that how it is every year? After about a month of regular season baseball...we'll have a better idea where this team is at and where they're headed. As of right now, I don't think you can say they're better than the Rays though.
Giambi will be replaced with Tex. Tex to me is better all around than Giambi.

Moose did great for us last year, yes. But we got 2 SP's to replace him.

The only one that might come back to bite us in the +%% is Bobby. Bobby was a consistent .300, 20,100, and 20 SB's. We'll see how X does now.

And I think now we're a better all around team than the Rays. Are the Rays good? Yes. Are they the team to beat? Of course. But I feel that both Yanks andSox are better than the Rays right now.

JoRDaN201 wrote:
Prove to you that they are better pitchers? CC has a Cy (and look at the year he had with MIL last year)
A part of me thinks that's due to 90% of the batters he was going up against had NEVER seen him before. I mean he played 7.5 years with theIndians..and you have to think that the AL batters knew what to expect when they were going up against him. That's why I think he was OVERLY dominant inthe NL...because his pitching style and skills were very unknown to the batters. I'm interested to if he puts up similar #s this year as he did during hisstint with the Brewers

Mets Win World Series.....

thats all that matters
pimp.gif

A part of me thinks that's due to 90% of the batters he was going up against had NEVER seen him before. I mean he played 7.5 years with the Indians..and you have to think that the AL batters knew what to expect when they were going up against him. That's why I think he was OVERLY dominant in the NL...because his pitching style and skills were very unknown to the batters. I'm interested to if he puts up similar #s this year as he did during his stint with the Brewers
I think it's true too., to a certain extent.

I don't think he'll put up and 11-2 record with a 1. something ERA. But do I think he'll go 18-6 with a high 2. something ERA? Yea. That'srealistic.

We all know he's really talented. He's got the skills to win games.

WS Champs - Reds
NL MVP - Jay Bruce
NL Cy Young - Aaron Harang
NL ROY - Chris Dickerson

that's all that matters.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

WS Champs - Reds
NL MVP - Jay Bruce
NL Cy Young - Aaron Harang
NL ROY - Chris Dickerson

that's all that matters.

eyes.gif
Doesn't sound as bad as that Nats guy.

Originally Posted by nyzMaGiciAn

Originally Posted by jrp44

AL
East- New York
Central- Minnesota
West- Los Angeles/Anaheim
WC- Boston

NL
East- Chicago
Central- St. Louis
West- Los Angeles
WC- New York

grin.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

NL
east - chicago
central - st. louis
west - los angeles
wc - philly
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For the East I just looked at that guys' prediction...and was like, "Yeah..I do think the Cubs will win it too."

I was thinking the Central..but whatever. I actually think St. Louis will take the Central though.

AL

East- Yanks
Central- Minny
West- Oakland
WC- Rays

NL

East- Philly
Central- Chicago
West- Arizona
WC- Mets
laugh.gif
at some of you homers

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

and Junior Griffey will win AL MVP.

I hope so. I wanna see him do good. Can't wait to see him at the Stadium

One of my fav. players ever.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Yeah , they have proved something to me alright. They have proved that both are NOT post-season pitchers.

I'll admit my comment about Price > any Yankee starter was a lil nuts
laugh.gif
I just HATE you Yankee fans so friggin much.
mad.gif

Prove to me that CC, Wang are better pitchers than Beckett, Lester. What have they done in their careers to make you think that? cuz I certainly don't see it.
You could put every .Gif u find, ur still not convincing me or hurting my feelings.
eyes.gif
I want solid facts..... don't worry, I'll wait
laugh.gif
There you go. You just helped my cause. Your hatred and ignorance are taking overt your mind.

Prove to you that they are better pitchers? CC has a Cy (and look at the year he had with MIL last year). Wang has had more wins than anyone. CC is a dominant pitcher in the league. Of course, right now everyone wants to hate on him now since he's on the Yanks, but they know he is. Beckett is too. No one said otherwise. But how could 2 guys that have dominated the past 2 years not be better than 1 great pitcher and a kid that has been good, but still hasn't proven as much as Wang/CC? Now, if we're talking about who's better in the postseason (which we clearly weren't but you knew it would be the only thing you would be right about) then yea, Lester + Beckett >>>> Wang + CC. Hell, Beckett alone>>>>Wang + CC in the playoffs.

Yeah I'm positive.

Good one BTW, u hurt me
eyes.gif

You could put every .Gif u find, ur still not convincing me or hurting my feelings.
eyes.gif
I want solid facts..... don't worry, I'll wait
laugh.gif

Bro, grow up. Who's trying to hurt feelings? Are you that sensitive? Let me know. I won't direct anything towards you.
1.You can be 25-2 during the season, but if ur 0-2 with a 6.91 ERA in the post season, u don't matter.
My point is Beckett, Lester are good the WHOLE season. Let's see if CC and Wang can do that 1st.

2. Ever heard of sarcasm?
grin.gif

1.You can be 25-2 during the season, but if ur 0-2 with a 6.91 ERA in the post season, u don't matter.
My point is Beckett, Lester are good the WHOLE season. Let's see if CC and Wang can do that 1st.

grin.gif

1) I'm done talking to a person that his team can't make the playoffs. Read my previous post on what I said about Beckett in the postseason.

2) Na I haven't. Sorry. You seemed to get all touchy on this.

AL

East- Red Sox
Central- Minny
West- Angels (they always find ways to win)
WC- Rays or Yanks

NL

East- Mets or Philly
Central- Chicago
West- Arizona (Dodgers is Manny re-signs with the them)
WC- Mets or Philly

J Steezzz, maybe you should focus on the Mets and not so much about Beckett and the Sawx.

Nothing like a Mets fan getting the Red Sox involved when they bash the Yankees. Although, I can't say I don't do that when it comes to the Mets and megetting the Phillies involved. Although, I think I'm safe because the Phillies owned you guys the last 2 seasons (oh, and those 'pesky' Marlinstoo)
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

J Steezzz, maybe you should focus on the Mets and not so much about Beckett and the Sawx.

Nothing like a Mets fan getting the Red Sox involved when they bash the Yankees. Although, I can't say I don't do that when it comes to the Mets and me getting the Phillies involved. Although, I think I'm safe because the Phillies owned you guys the last 2 seasons (oh, and those 'pesky' Marlins too)
wink.gif
Exactly.

And finally, I get fellow Yankee fans in here. Well, TBONES was here before.

Actually the Mets dominated the Phils all of last season, only lost one single series to them last year. Mets actually had the best record vs teams over .500in all of baseball.

The problem was the Mets stunk it up vs the teams with losing records with their crappy pen, while the Phils dominated them.

Nothing like a Mets fan getting the Red Sox involved when they bash the Yankees. Although, I can't say I don't do that when it comes to the Mets and me getting the Phillies involved. Although, I think I'm safe because the Phillies owned you guys the last 2 seasons (oh, and those 'pesky' Marlins too)
wink.gif
Season series we won 11-7 last year
Yea they totally owned us
eyes.gif

Do some research before you start mouthing off about what us and the Phillies do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

grin.gif

1) I'm done talking to a person that his team can't make the playoffs. Read my previous post on what I said about Beckett in the postseason.

2) Na I haven't. Sorry. You seemed to get all touchy on this.
So what did you guys do in the playoffs last year? Oh wait......
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Season series we won 11-7 last year
Yea they totally owned us
eyes.gif

Do some research before you start mouthing off about what us and the Phillies do
laugh.gif
You got me there. Believe me or not, I honestly wasn't going for stats-based owange, but the fact that the Mets were atop the N.L. East forbasically the entire season in 2007 and the Phillies swooped in and won it, and in 2008 the Mets again "collapsed", even though they weren't atopthe N.L. East as much as they were in 07'.

Back
Top Bottom