Looks like we will see a SB Gucci Dunk retro

A few weeks back, images emerged of a Gucci-looking Dunk High Supreme that featured some ostrich skin leather and a gum sole. As happy as people were to see it, it really justmade most of them long for the feverishly anticipated Quickstrike re-release of the Nike SB version that much more. To the delight of many, it looks like it's finally going to happen thiswinter and here are some sample pics of what the shoe will look like. As you will see, there have been some slight changes made to the ultra-rare 2005edition.

The 2009 version will feature less fraying around the edges of the denim and also uses a smoother leather on the upper. Also, the new release will sport afatter tongue, SB laces and a black heel tab instead of a red one. After the jump, you can see some more photos of the 2009 Gucci Dunk SB as well as a side byside comparison with the original. Stay tuned for more info on the release as soon as further details become available but you might want to get your Guccilaces from Starks now before they're gone. Via Revive.

Color:
Deep Forest/Paprika
Style: 305050-361

http://sneakernews.com/2009/06/15/nike-dunk-high-pro-sb-gucci-2009-qs-holiday-09/

smh.gif
at cats always trying to label Nike's "Gucci".

You're trying too hard. Stop.

Those are Africa's as much as they are "Gucci", but it wouldn't be "cool" to call them Africa's now, would it?

So stop frontin'.

And if anyone actually put the Straks laces in, you'd just be that much more of a herb.

Originally Posted by illphillip

smh.gif
at cats always trying to label Nike's "Gucci".

You're trying too hard. Stop.

Those are Africa's as much as they are "Gucci", but it wouldn't be "cool" to call them Africa's now, would it?

So stop frontin'.

And if anyone actually put the Straks laces in, you'd just be that much more of a herb.
Lots of shoes are inspired by other designers and brands.

I personally like naming the shoes, but yeah there are times where I am like, "how the $@$% did someone come up with that name?"

but you're not going to go out and be like [example]

Bob : Hey Bobby did you buy those deep forest and paprika nike dunk highs?
bobby: lol what?

It's sometimes easier to identify the shoes by the made up names, than the colors. And you know what, you can call those shoes " Africas" if youreally wanted, but you're not because no one will know $#@ you're talkn about.

um..
I would love to cop, but I have no chance copping...
unless its a limited release
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

question is...is this really a retro if the first release was just samples.. ?
dunk high is a retro model.

still not seeing the big deal with these. the denim looks messy (on the new and the old ones), I never liked this concept. if you got a lot of gucci gear Ican see these being somewhat cool, but green and red is not an appealing colorway to me, even if it is gucci. and lol @ "Africas". I like that.

Malawi's?

images

i dont care who think dunks or SB's in general are played if these really release this fall ill be buying 1 pair for 100% positive and i might even grab a2nd pair.

wow, the whole gucci thing down where i live is big [even though everyone rocks fake products].
i never got with it and never thought i would but the gucci sb dunk thing sparked a thought.
these are actually okay, i wont get them but it isnt a bad shoe to rock.

Back
Top Bottom