Looper (2012) - Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Emily Blunt

I don't agree with all of it...especially the leaps you had to take to even watch the movie, like time travel, telekinesis and their jobs in general...but for the most part, yeah.

Ehh most of those videos are just complaints that are subjective. whitest Ethopian, Shia, how did they get cars to run for 40 years, complaints about opening narration, make-up and eyebrows? The movie wasn't perfect, and the time travel is messy but oh well, most of that weren't real things "wrong". Just "complaints about a movie"

It's not the nitpicking or the suspension of disbelief, but the mechanics of time travel were so important to emotional pull of the third act, that leaving so much of it up to the viewer, kinda robs the film of the punch it wanted to land at the end, as well as making the big drive of the last act hazy in what exactly the point of the film was.

Saw Looper a few weeks ago, it was a little better than I expected, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they're really bored and have it laying around...

Back
Top Bottom