Losing auctions on ebay Unappreciation

I just lost an auction by a $1... I thought I had the %$## won, nobody bidded previously... Im all hyped and %$## so I bid first with like 2 min. left and saysyou were outbidded... So I bid a little bit more... And I was winning the auction for a good minute... Then at 8 seconds the guy just bids and by the time Igo to bid again, it says auction has ended...
mad.gif
It was a M&N shooting shirt
smh.gif

very unappreciated. especially when you're refreshing with couple of seconds left and someone else bids within the last moment
mad.gif

we all feel you man, i have lost hundreds of auctions over the years by like a dollar.. it always sucks.

^^co sign just recently lost one

can they please switch to eastern time, that would save me 50% of my losses lol

bid higher

bid the maximum amount youre willing to pay...if you lose, then take the L. I dont understand how/why you'd be mad when you didnt put up the maximum amountyou were willing to spend.

i lost the Laneys V's buy like 2 dollars two days ago !!!
i thought i had it but when i wen 2 make a snack and came bac i lost !
mad.gif

Appreciated, makes me save money and not spend it on something I don't need!

bid higher

bid the maximum amount youre willing to pay...if you lose, then take the L. I dont understand how/why you'd be mad when you didnt put up the maximum amount you were willing to spend.

bingo

I don't think some people understand how eBay works.
ohwell.gif

95% of the time you're not really losing by a $1 or $5 or w/e...it's because the person placed a higher MAXIMUM bid than you did. For example,let's say I was bidding on something it said the highest bid was $50. I go "OK...let me place a bid down of $60" and all of a sudden it jumps upto $65, with the other person now having the highest bid. It's not because they outbid you the second you placed the $60 down...it's because theirhighest MAXIMUM bid (which is over $65) was higher than your $60.

During the final minute what you should do is wait until there's like 15-20 seconds left and place the amount of $ that WITHOUT A DOUBT is the highestyou're comfortable going (or like $5-10 above that
grin.gif
). Even with youplacing that much $$$ down it's not guaranteed to sell at that price so go for it. That's why I don'tbother bidding on an item until the last moments...because me doing it before is only going to drive my own price up at the end...
tired.gif
. I've had a losing an auction on eBay unappreciation post here before tooand some wise dudes gave me some tips and so far i haven't lost an auction...yet (it's only been like 4 though
laugh.gif
).

on the flipside, nothings better than sniping all of you guys who dont know how to bid properly
laugh.gif

winning in the last 2 seconds
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom