LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

LOL @ Desmond getting payback...its so not that!

You guys are miss the fact that in the flash sideways/alternate universe that Desmond is the new Jacob and has the list of names from the flight and is getting everyone together. He needs people to experience memories again through contact like he did with Penny. This is why he hits Locke at the end...Locke will remember the experience of laying on the ground after falling out of the building, the same way Desmond experienced memories after Charlie drove the car in the river and Hurley experienced it after kiss Libby during their date they never had on the beach.

Very good episode overall though.
Thank you, Dex. I was wondering when someone would say this.

man o man.. watching it for the 2nd time now.. and i still dont know what to think

and i can't believe there are only 6 more episodes left (technically 5.. last one is a double)

lol at desmonds chicken order number being 42. dunno if anywone else caught that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Can I get a gif of Ilana blowing up?
nerd.gif

You really didn't get it? Or did you not read the rest of the post? It's a joke. On island FLocke throws Des down a well, sideways flash Des hits Locke with a car. On a certain level whether you like it or not it was pay back.

Geez
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
If that was a joke then it was horribly executed.

And the mere fact that you say that it was payback on a "certain level" shows that you just don't get it. The point of that last scene we saw has absolutely NOTHING to do with payback. At times I have to wonder if people are even watching and following the same show.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

You guys are miss the fact that in the flash sideways/alternate universe that Desmond is the new Jacob and has the list of names from the flight and is getting everyone together. He needs people to experience memories again through contact like he did with Penny. This is why he hits Locke at the end...Locke will remember the experience of laying on the ground after falling out of the building, the same way Desmond experienced memories after Charlie drove the car in the river and Hurley experienced it after kiss Libby during their date they never had on the beach.

Thank you, Dex. I was wondering when someone would say this.
Np, just glad to see someone else recognizes this too.
happy.gif

nerd.gif

You really didn't get it? Or did you not read the rest of the post? It's a joke. On island FLocke throws Des down a well, sideways flash Des hits Locke with a car. On a certain level whether you like it or not it was pay back.

Geez
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

And the mere fact that you say that it was payback on a "certain level" shows that you just don't get it. The point of that last scene we saw has absolutely NOTHING to do with payback. At times I have to wonder if people are even watching and following the same show.
*Sigh* You're trying far too hard. If you don't get the simplicity of the joke fine. It went right over your head since you're strictly discussing the meanings behind certain actions and what they may produce later on in the show.

I'm not gonna waste my time with you on this tho. You telling me I don't "get it" isn't gonna bait me in to another meaningless argument with you since you fail to comprehend. FLocke throws Des down a well, Des hits Locke with a car. In that order. On the simplest level of those sequence of events you can't appreciate that? The notion of payback?
laugh.gif
Fine.

amazing how flocke went straight for jack "hello jack".. no one else, just jack

Episode was good all around.
Don't know why I
laugh.gif
so hard at the audacity of running a dude in a wheelchair over. Something about Locke's head cracking the windshield is so damn funny.
pimp.gif
@ the preview using Willy Wonka's chocolate tunnel dialogue

Damn, Desmond running Locke's @#$ over in cold blood
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

As always though, looking forward to next weeks episode.

I never post in the lost thread but i read and keep up here though. The minute I saw Desmond headed towards locke with the car I knew he was hitting him for this reason. Everyone in the alternate universe is going to cross and have memories and this was the way to get Locke aka flocke to see his his memories even though his body is being controlled by someone else. My question is how does it happen and what effect will it have on Flocke

Flocke saying hey Jack, probably because he knows Jack is the toughest dude to win over.

I think the boy actually might be a younger Flocke. Maybe before he got corrupted or something. And this is why Flocke gets so annoyed everytime he sees him.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Flocke saying hey Jack, probably because he knows Jack is the toughest dude to win over.

I think the boy actually might be a younger Flocke. Maybe before he got corrupted or something. And this is why Flocke gets so annoyed everytime he sees him.
This. Aint no way Jacob is both a young haired blond boy and the slightly older looking brown haired kid. It's make sense if the first time we see MIB is the original but either way I find that more likely.

I was expecting FLocke and Jack meeting to be more dramatic and by that time Jack would already be back in leader mode. I wanted it to be like in S3 when Locke gets the losties to leave with him to Dharmaville.

Awesome episode. I kept cracking up at different parts, whether out of irony or just cause there was obvious humor. I almost choked on my Coke when Des hit Locke with his car.
pimp.gif
episode.

No doubt that Desmond's main reason for running over Locke was to injure him in a manner similar to how his dad threw him out of the window originally... and more than likely drive him onto Jack's doorstep. 
Jack will probably start operating on Locke (which will be the first time he's undergone a big surgery - they implied in his episode that he's in a wheelchair for a different reason) and Locke will probably start to get flashes of his other life during the surgery.

The main differences here will be that Locke's flashes won't be because of love, as it was with Desmond and Hurley, and that the 'real' Locke is dead. So the big question is, what happens since he's now Flocke on the island?

My guess is that the real Locke will start bleeding over into Flocke on the island. Wouldn't it be cool if there were signs of the real Locke coming through while Jack and Flocke are talking on the island?

Maybe this is why Desmond is so important. Defeating the MiB has nothing to do with preventing him from leaving the island - it has to do with the real Locke overtaking MiB and destroying him for good.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I think Flocke believes Jack is "Jacob's replacement." Thats why he greeted him that way, kind of like how a guy sees a groups of girls, but single out the one he likes the most.
I always though Aaron is Flocke. Especially, when the fortune teller told Claire the boy would be in danger, if he is not raised by his mother. Also, when he mentioned to Kate, his mother was crazy and gave him issues he could never get over. The fact he treats with her love and crap says something. But now I don't think so. 

Oh yeah I was disappointed that Des didn't call FLocke "box man". I was expecting that all the way when he asked him if he knew who he was.

Thought the writers were going one way with Des and following anyone due to unwavering faith in his purpose but they really fleshed it out in his talk with FLocke. It's reminiscent of when he decided to turn the fail-safe key in the hatch.

Still though not being suspicious after somebody brings up killing you cuz they're alone is wild.

Great episode. I'm sure Flocke questioned Desmond's stay in the hatch and pushing the button for a reason.

When Ben stole his daughter he told that french chick to run any time she heard whispers. That implied that the whispers were others. Now they're saying its souls

Or that the Others and the dead souls are connected. I have a feeling that the dead souls will become a part of the story in the later episodes, especially if some of the current main characters start dying, and we'll learn more about their importance that way.

One thing that irked me this episode was how the writers softballed the answer as to what the whispers are. Like, straight up "So the whispers are the souls of the dead?" "Yes." Come on now, dont insult our intelligence, LOST writers. You're not writing for NCIS fans.

nerd.gif

Geez
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

*Sigh* You're trying far too hard. If you don't get the simplicity of the joke fine. It went right over your head since you're strictly discussing the meanings behind certain actions and what they may produce later on in the show.

I'm not gonna waste my time with you on this tho. You telling me I don't "get it" isn't gonna bait me in to another meaningless argument with you since you fail to comprehend. FLocke throws Des down a well, Des hits Locke with a car. In that order. On the simplest level of those sequence of events you can't appreciate that? The notion of payback?
laugh.gif
Fine.
laugh.gif
@ this guy. The irony is that you are trying too hard because you obviously still feel some way about your disagreement with me last week and decide to bring up how a horrible attempt at a joke "went over my head".  Its done and over with and you didn't agree with me nor did I agree with you. I am all for having rational discussion with any of my fellow LOST fans in this thread. I am not trying to "bait you into any argument" at alll and yes I understand you don't get the point when others in this thread clearly understand that its not payback.  No hard feelings man sometimes people just don't get it.  It is what it is.

Anyways back to important discussion,

Do you guys think that Flocke threw Desmond down the well because Des was not afraid of him or because of what he learned regarding his exposure to electromagnetism? Or is it a combination of both?

Originally Posted by djkaos23

I never post in the lost thread but i read and keep up here though. The minute I saw Desmond headed towards locke with the car I knew he was hitting him for this reason. Everyone in the alternate universe is going to cross and have memories and this was the way to get Locke aka flocke to see his his memories even though his body is being controlled by someone else. My question is how does it happen and what effect will it have on Flocke
Good points. It is possible that alt universe Desmond running Locke over may affect Flocke. It will be interesting to see if this happens and what exactly the effects are.

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Good points. It is possible that alt universe Desmond running Locke over may affect Flocke. It will be interesting to see if this happens and what exactly the effects are.

I think he hit him so he can remember the moment he woke up from the plane crash.  People seem to be remembering stuff that happened on the island not off.
Think itll affect Flocke in the long run. Thats why Desmond isn't scared.

Great episode. And I like the above that Desmond is the new Jacob.

Back
Top Bottom