LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Wild. Time to read the thread. But to start my thoughts, Jacob is back in Sayid's body??!!
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

Wild. Time to read the thread. But to start my thoughts, Jacob is back in Sayid's body??!!
nerd.gif
That's what I'm thinking. If it is Epic Battle between both of them.
eek.gif

can't wait for next week.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

nerd.gif
eek.gif

Doubt it. I was just watching Kimmel right now and he mentioned that in the preview for season 6, it shows Sayid being tortured and screaming "why are you doing this to me" but if it was Jacob in Sayid's body he wouldn't be saying that

The alternate timeline doesn't make sense if Shannon is not on the plane.

With that said, I'm glad LOST is back.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

if i read correctly, the character playing shannon either didn't wanna come back, or she had a conflict of interest, forgot where i read it though....

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Boone explained why Shannon isn't on the plane.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

You should stop thinking about the flight we're seeing now as "Alternate time-line" and start thinking "Alternate reality"... it will make more sense.

My theory:
Spoiler [+]
My guess is some of these things are happening the way they are (the coffin being missing, Jack meeting Locke, Kate becoming a fugitive and having a reason to not want to be in LA) because ultimately the end result is them having to go back to the island... under different circumstances maybe, but it seems to be leaning that way. Remember this conversation: "...it always ends the same" "it only ends once, anything else that happens before that... is just progress." Maybe we're seeing the progress and a NEW reality, not the result of their actions.
I agree with you and just was saying this tonight.  I view it the same way I think if you notice no matter what things still have their way of working out.  Irregardless of the plane crashing Jack still loses his fathers body.  Irregardless of the plane crash John and Jack are still inked together through possible spinal surgery and possibly being able to walk again.  (also one of the most interesting quotes of the episode was Jack saying "nothing is irreversible") Irregardless of the plane crashing Claire and Kate are still linked together, Desmond meets Jack again and Sun will have to reveal to Jin that she knows english in order to get him out of his situation. 

Maybe the way that they work out is not by getting to the island but fate still works out and you cant change what is going to happen.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I'm surprised no one mentioned the revelation of where Richard is from. It was said at the end.
I mentioned it pages ago.  Flocke talked about him not being in chains which is an obvious double meaning.  First as being a slave on the black rock ship and secondly as now being free from the chains of working under Jacob. 

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

nerd.gif
eek.gif

Doubt it. I was just watching Kimmel right now and he mentioned that in the preview for season 6, it shows Sayid being tortured and screaming "why are you doing this to me" but if it was Jacob in Sayid's body he wouldn't be saying that
Yeah, I just saw a couple things in my read-through on here about it not being Jacob in Sayid's body. Which is good. I like Sayid as Sayid.

Question: I missed like 10 minutes coming back from the commercial break after Jack was stopped by Kate while trying to revive Sayid. What happened over those 10 minutes?

Oh, and this season premier,

eek.gif
pimp.gif

The timelines probably split well before the Oceanic 815 flight in 2004... probably when the bomb goes off in 1977. So in this reality, Desmond and Jack never ran into each other in the stadium.

So the bomb didn't explode like a hydrogen bomb would. But it did explode like the hatch did when Desmond turned the fail-safe key, and had the same effects as when Ben turned the donkey wheel.

- Juliet mumbled a whole lot of incoherent jargon before she just up and died. My bet is that her mind flashed somewhere like Desmond's did, and she died from a brain overload. She was right next to the source of white light/headaches/time travel just like Desmond was. I'm not sure if that's an important gap that needs to be filled, though.

- Speaking of minds time traveling, I'm starting to think that those jumps are between alternate realities. Desmond was said to be special, and I believe he'll play a key role in the end. Remember, he was conscious of his mind jumping between 96 and 04 - so if they are two different realities, he was conscious of moving between the two. They've planted this seed well in advance (his tagline with Jack - "see you in another life," which is exactly what happened).

Someone tell me I'm not crazy... the girl who was the flight attended/other in the temple.. I swear i've seen her as an other before?!?!? I know they've showed her as a flight attendant in season 4.... but after seeing her as an other... that looked very familiar too

^Yes she was also in the tail group of Losties and went missing/kidnapped by the others in season 2. She also appeared in season 3 while Jack was in the cage with the kids and told him that the kids were fine.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

^Yes she was also in the tail group of Losties and went missing/kidnapped by the others in season 2. She also appeared in season 3 while Jack was in the cage with the kids and told him that the kids were fine.
eek.gif
eek.gif
i completely forgot about that. so are these temple dudes part of the others as well? i was thinking it was some other group living on the island for some reason. i really should of rewatched seasons 1-4 instead of just 5 before the start of this season
laugh.gif

Back when the Freighter was near the island and Ben was in panic mode, he said most of the Others were at the Temple and told Alex, Karl, and Danielle to join them (then they got ambushed and killed on the way). When Alex asked about Sawyer, Claire, etc., Ben said it wasn't a place for them.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

I feel like i'm supposed to be confused but I'm not.
laugh.gif

yea thats how i feel until i came in here. i swear i have no clue how people pick up on this. i took a pass on reading the mythology of the island and stuff like that online.

ive heard the black rock mentioned a couple times but lol never heard the history of it. so how you guys know even that much amaze me.

A lot of good stuff in here. I'm going to re-watch it tonight to pick up on a few things. There was way to much going on last night. It was an all around AWESOME episode. And possibly the best episode IMO (I'll know more after my re-watch tonight). I can't see how some people seem to be turned off by Lost now. However.....

The alt time line is something I don't know how I feel about right now. It seems kinda cool, but at the same time I hope they explain it in a cool way. But, I did read a little spoiler from the producers on it before the season started.

Spoiler [+]
There will only be 1 timeline towards the middle of the season. They will somehow converge or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom