LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

it might be a silly question but,

the nuke destroyed the whole island correct, thus killing everyone on the island?

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

the nuke destroyed the whole island correct, thus killing everyone on the island?
No. There was only a flash.
Some say it sent the O6 forward in time back to 2007. Or maybe back in time again.
Some say it erased the hatch. Some say it's the reason the hatch was completed.
I dont think one nuclear bomb would be enough to destroy the entire island. Especially if it was that far underground.
Also the fact that the island is still there 30 years later.

One thing is sure though, Black Shirt was a genius to orchestrate that loophole.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

No. There was only a flash.
Some say it sent the O6 forward in time back to 2007. Or maybe back in time again.
Some say it erased the hatch. Some say it's the reason the hatch was completed.
I dont think one nuclear bomb would be enough to destroy the entire island. Especially if it was that far underground.
Also the fact that the island is still there 30 years later.

One thing is sure though, Black Shirt was a genius to orchestrate that loophole.
Oh ok, i was wondering why everyone wasnt scared of dying.

Also where was Jacob in Juliette's flash back, was that him as her dad?

So what are your thoughts on Jacob and his nemesis can't kill each other, then Ben and Widmore cannot kill each other too?

Originally Posted by NinerFaithful

Does anyone think there is significance to Ben comparing Locke to Moses before he killed Jacob?

i must have missed that line but its ok i have another 2 or 3 times i plan on watching it...

-Tyler

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by Adambomb007

what you'll think
The statue is of Anubis, the Egyptian God of death. Also, a picture of Anubis was shown in the temple where the black smoke came from. Thus, the black smoke is Anubis, the God of death. We have seen the smoke monster appear in the form of Eko's brother, Yemi, Alex, and as Christian. It can appear in the form of anyone whose dead body is on the island. Now, drumroll, the smoke monster is appearing as John Locke. the real John Locke is indeed dead.

Anubis is also the guy we saw at the begining on the beach with Jacob. Jacob is also a God, and normally God's can't kill each other. The loophole is that apparently only a mortal man is able to kill a God. This is why people don't get to see God until they are dead (when they go to heaven). This is why Ben never got to see Jacob. Anubis figured this out. First, Anubis tried to use the form of Christian to convince people on the island to do things against Jacob's will and change history. But Jacob kept rebalancing things back to the way they were supposed to happen (by power of persuasion when visiting everyone off the island, for example). So Aubis came up with Plan B, to pose as John Locke, then appear as Alex to convince Ben to kill Jacob.

Why does Anubis want to kill Jacob? Because Jacob is RA, God of life. Richard Alpert is his son, perhaps (initials R.A. or RA). We literally saw Jacob bring Locke back to life after he fell out of the window. With Jacob dead, Anubis can now alter history however he pleases and kill whomever he wants. He can again rule as God of death. This is the ultimate bad ending. We're doomed!

But wait, Juliet just got the bomb to explode, which will mean everything that happened on the show, including the killing of Jacob, never happened. She saved the day. In fact, everything done by the Losties for the whole series was a component leading up to this. And it was Jacob who led to them all coming to the island. So they all played a part in "keeping balance to the force."
eek.gif
That just blew my mind. Did you write that?

I think nycknicks is in a panic right now. Has too much been figured out??
Pretty good. Did you figure all that out on yourself? Sorry about not posting earlier. I had somethings to take care of. I'll give guys a lotof insight Thursday night.

im not sure if i agree with the idea that the black shirt guy is the smoke monster...

if it is... the writers are going to need to explain all of the randomg people being sighted...
Eko's brother being seen
Why Eko was killed at all? ... he was that dude
Why it appeared as the black horse?
Why he appeared in the cabin as christian?

All the people sighted (Eko's Bro...), their dead bodies were on the island. That's how Smokey could assume their forms. Eko had become a Holy man,he was "redeemed" therefore he was on jacob's side Black Smokey had to off him. Just like he tried to off Jack, Hurley...

The significance of the black horse still stumps me...

He appeared as Christian as part of the Con to get Ben to Kill Jacob (think Sawyer's long Con ep). Remember Jack's dad was on the plane and nobody butJack new his face so if he assumed the form of Christian Shepard nobody on the plane would recognize him as someone else except Jack. So when he told Lock tosay hello to his son it would be significant to Jack...

Been thinkin about Lost more and more since last night's ep. Anybody else think the island is the Garden of Eden?

That would sort of explain why no babies "made" there can be born but babies conceived off the island could

and would also explain this good and evil battle taking place. Just a thought

And if Christian Shepherd is black smoky, what did he do to Claire and why?

Mastamind89
i think everyone is thinking that they are just straight up egyptian gods. i noticed what yousay too and i highlight the similarities from jacob and esau to the show. my idea was immediately discredited but i still think thats what going down. goodcatch.

After sleeping on it. I can't believe I said I didn't really care for the ending. Show was GREAT last night. It did what is was supposed to do, get ustalking about next season. Now..... I have a few question I didn't see, which I probably just overlooked.....

If Jacob is "dead" which I don't think he is, does this affect Richard and his ability not to age?

Why did the guy in the black shirt need to take someone elses body? Was he killed? By Jacob?

Now..gotta lot to quote..... And again thanks to EVERYONE in this thread, you made Lost that much better for me.....

Crazy, thanks for posting that opening scene again.

MastaMind, nice find about Esau. Pretty interesting.

And gottagitdemjs you got to many great points to quote!! Nice stuff!!

what you'll think
The statue is of Anubis, the Egyptian God of death. Also, a picture of Anubis was shown in the temple where the black smoke came from. Thus, the black smoke is Anubis, the God of death. We have seen the smoke monster appear in the form of Eko's brother, Yemi, Alex, and as Christian. It can appear in the form of anyone whose dead body is on the island. Now, drumroll, the smoke monster is appearing as John Locke. the real John Locke is indeed dead.

Anubis is also the guy we saw at the begining on the beach with Jacob. Jacob is also a God, and normally God's can't kill each other. The loophole is that apparently only a mortal man is able to kill a God. This is why people don't get to see God until they are dead (when they go to heaven). This is why Ben never got to see Jacob. Anubis figured this out. First, Anubis tried to use the form of Christian to convince people on the island to do things against Jacob's will and change history. But Jacob kept rebalancing things back to the way they were supposed to happen (by power of persuasion when visiting everyone off the island, for example). So Aubis came up with Plan B, to pose as John Locke, then appear as Alex to convince Ben to kill Jacob.

Why does Anubis want to kill Jacob? Because Jacob is RA, God of life. Richard Alpert is his son, perhaps (initials R.A. or RA). We literally saw Jacob bring Locke back to life after he fell out of the window. With Jacob dead, Anubis can now alter history however he pleases and kill whomever he wants. He can again rule as God of death. This is the ultimate bad ending. We're doomed!

But wait, Juliet just got the bomb to explode, which will mean everything that happened on the show, including the killing of Jacob, never happened. She saved the day. In fact, everything done by the Losties for the whole series was a component leading up to this. And it was Jacob who led to them all coming to the island. So they all played a part in "keeping balance to the force."

I like this A LOT!!! VERY GOOD!!!!

Originally Posted by CasperJr

im surpised that nobody said anything about jacob having on a white tee and the other dude having a black one on
laugh.gif
NICE CATCH!!!

I think season 6 will be about all of the islands history.
I would LOVE if it S6 was like this.
whywesteppin wrote:
I feel like I need to rewatch every episode now to see how the smoke monster and other visions are used to manipulate/influence people. And, in all the flashbacks, I wonder if Jacob or smoke monster's hand is in there too, influencing things.
I will be re-watching the series (again) during the long hiatus. You find out so much stuff you never even paid attention to before.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

The smoke monster, in the form of Christian Shepard told Locke he had to die. Not to get back to the island to "save everybody," but to eliminate him so it (the smoke monster) could take his (John Locke's) form and manipulate Ben into killing Jacob.
Yeah, it's crazy how deep they had to get to get everything to play out. It's all just like a game between the gods.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Yeah, Locke is trying to kill Jacob but at the same time he wants his people to have FULL belief and trust in him.

What in the HELL does he have up his sleeve?

Jacob did seem kind of content with dying like he knew it HAD to happen and was prepared for it. The Obi-Wan reference is pretty spot on IMO. If black shirt dude can take over people's bodies, i'm sure Jacob can too. (obviously)
Exactly. Something is about to go down. How is he gonna get away with killing Jacob basically in front of Richard? Ben is now forced to be bad?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Anybody else think the seven cast members who the show ended with and will likely be the focus next season are representative of the seven deadly sins?
Lust - Sun (she cheated on her husband)
Gluttony - Hurley (no explanation necessary, dude has had issues with food throughout the entire show)
Greed - Sawyer (he's a con man)
Sloth - Jack (Jack didn't believe in himself and his abilities)
Wrath - Sayid (tortured people)
Envy - Locke (always thought he was meant for more)
Pride - Jin (all the issues he had with Sun and her pops)

There are other sins that can be attributed to the cast. Maybe Despair for Kate? Just some thoughts.

WOW!!!!

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I'm sayin, Juliet may be gone, but her clevage shall never leave us.
pimp.gif
roll.gif

locke is that dude from the beginning with jacob. Jacob says something about a loophole to him for killing him, then when locke shows up, jacob says so youfound the loophole. so that other guy is locke.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Been thinkin about Lost more and more since last night's ep. Anybody else think the island is the Garden of Eden?

Kinda been thinking this also. Next season should be GREAT!!! I'm almost (almost) to the point I really just wanna know about the island itself.

And again..... MY HOMEBOY (and ericberry's homeboy) LOCKE IS REALLY DEAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

what you'll think

I like this. I was thinking Biblical from season 1 but this seems to fit well.

My thoughts are still so jumbled right now I can't even begin to say what I would like to. Watching some of the past seasons will be sooooo much moreinteresting now.

My first thoughts or quick questions are ...

1. Importance of the following people... Walt & Hurley
2. Jacob made a point to tell Hurley he was "blessed" and not cursed as he had other abilities. What about Miles?
3. How will Walt fit now as he is clearly special.
4. Feel bad for Locke. Richard Alpert really questioned him and was proven right I guess. Dude got played.
5. Jacob had this "free will" thing the entire time. We all have a choice. The "evil" one persuaded. But so did Jacob right? Why would hekill Nadia? But then Jacob kept saying you have a choice. Wasn't he just as evil persuading them? Confusion FTL.
6. Lapidus? Candidate?

See you guys later.

I havnt read the previous post so excuse me if this has been stated.

After watching last night, i have to think Locke is DF dead. and the "new" locke is Whitmore.

Jacob did say to the alive lock, :" you found a loop hole" Which could be in order to get back t the island there would have to be a dead body on theflight.

Could ben be workign ith whitmore? I know it seems unlikly, could it be the reason he killed locke??

LOST =GOAT

Why is Walt clearly special? I think Walt showing up to essentially save Locke when he got shot by Ben was the bad dude, and not Jacob. Walt showed up so thatLocke could try and prevent Jack from calling the freighter people. Who doesn't want people on the island? The badguy.

Out of all the 815ers, I really think everyone is a nobody except for Hurley. Hurley is truly special. The rest are just part of Jacob's team which heselected to play the exact roles they are playing now. Locke is especially a loser. Should have never been healed in the first place
laugh.gif

^ after thinking about the car crash.. i don't think jacob killed nadia.. she wasn't paying attention as she was crossing the road.. and i just have agut feeling, but maybe both her and sayid were supposed to be hit by the car

and jacob stopped sayid from crossing the road and thus dieing as well

last night was epic.............

except for the 2010 part

Why is Walt clearly special? I think Walt showing up to essentially save Locke when he got shot by Ben was the bad dude, and not Jacob. Walt showed up so that Locke could try and prevent Jack from calling the freighter people. Who doesn't want people on the island? The bad guy.
I like where your head is at.

I'm thinking more off island Walt. Hurley & him seem to be the only ones with "powers" excluding Miles. Walt as the bad guy though makes awhole lot of sense.

I keep thinking of all those "2 sides. 1 good. 1 evil." conversations between Locke and Walt now. I think Knicks said that was paramount back inseason 3 or something.

1. Importance of the following people... Walt & Hurley
2. Jacob made a point to tell Hurley he was "blessed" and not cursed as he had other abilities. What about Miles?
3. How will Walt fit now as he is clearly special.
4. Feel bad for Locke. Richard Alpert really questioned him and was proven right I guess. Dude got played.
5. Jacob had this "free will" thing the entire time. We all have a choice. The "evil" one persuaded. But so did Jacob right? Why would he kill Nadia? But then Jacob kept saying you have a choice. Wasn't he just as evil persuading them? Confusion FTL.
6. Lapidus? Candidate?
My thoughts

1. Pure. Not in need of redemption. Only people on the island who haven't done something pretty bad in their life
2. Miles. Is just like Jack, Kate, Sawyer...someone who has "sinned" in their life and the island is a chance at redemption
3. Same way Hurley will, IMO those two and Aaron will be keys to who wins the final battle
4. yep...like a MF fiddle. Black Smoky had dude from day one. Kinda sad, Smoky played on Locke's desire to be important, love of the island, desire tosave friends, to get that cat offed
5. How did Jacob persuade anyone but Hurley? But even after he talked to Hurley he told him he could get on the flight or not. He didn't kill Nadia. More likely he saved Sayid. Sayid could have "chosen" to tell dude to bug off. Plus if Sayid has Nadia he never comes back to the island, Incidentnever happens
6. Candidate to replace Jacob?

Originally Posted by nikestreetdotcom

So who in the world is this? It looks nothing like Jacob. To me, it looks like Locke with long hair.

28jgp60.jpg

Alex

He was just a production guy that filled the role.

My thoughts

1. Pure. Not in need of redemption. Only people on the island who haven't done something pretty bad in their life
2. Miles. Is just like Jack, Kate, Sawyer...someone who has "sinned" in their life and the island is a chance at redemption
3. Same way Hurley will, IMO those two and Aaron will be keys to who wins the final battle
4. yep...like a MF fiddle. Black Smoky had dude from day one. Kinda sad, Smoky played on Locke's desire to be important, love of the island, desire to save friends, to get that cat offed
5. How did Jacob persuade anyone but Hurley? But even after he talked to Hurley he told him he could get on the flight or not. He didn't kill Nadia. More likely he saved Sayid. Sayid could have "chosen" to tell dude to bug off. Plus if Sayid has Nadia he never comes back to the island, Incident never happens
6. Candidate to replace Jacob?
I like all those.

with #5, I was thinking more along the lines of "free will" ...

The evil counterpart of Jacob is trying to persude or manipulate while Jacob is more into the whole "free will" line of thinking and everything willwork out in the end. But Jacob was doing some manipulating of his own wasn't he? He postioned himself in certain places.

Is this some sort of game between them. That intial conversation makes it seem so. Who is right? Good or Evil? Is man by nature inherintly bad? Its the wholeLocke vs. Hobbes battle.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

whywesteppin wrote:

Adambomb007 wrote:

what you'll think

The statue is of Anubis, the Egyptian God of death. Also, a picture of Anubis was shown in the temple where the black smoke came from. Thus, the black
smoke is Anubis, the God of death. We have seen the smoke monster appear in the form of Eko's brother, Yemi, Alex, and as Christian. It can appear in
the form of anyone whose dead body is on the island. Now, drumroll, the smoke monster is appearing as John Locke. the real John Locke is indeed dead.

Anubis is also the guy we saw at the begining on the beach with Jacob. Jacob is also a God, and normally God's can't kill each other. The loophole
is that apparently only a mortal man is able to kill a God. This is why people don't get to see God until they are dead (when they go to heaven). This
is why Ben never got to see Jacob. Anubis figured this out. First, Anubis tried to use the form of Christian to convince people on the island to do things
against Jacob's will and change history. But Jacob kept rebalancing things back to the way they were supposed to happen (by power of persuasion when
visiting everyone off the island, for example). So Aubis came up with Plan B, to pose as John Locke, then appear as Alex to convince Ben to kill Jacob.

Why does Anubis want to kill Jacob? Because Jacob is RA, God of life. Richard Alpert is his son, perhaps (initials R.A. or RA). We literally saw Jacob
bring Locke back to life after he fell out of the window. With Jacob dead, Anubis can now alter history however he pleases and kill whomever he wants. He
can again rule as God of death. This is the ultimate bad ending. We're doomed!

But wait, Juliet just got the bomb to explode, which will mean everything that happened on the show, including the killing of Jacob, never happened. She
saved the day. In fact, everything done by the Losties for the whole series was a component leading up to this. And it was Jacob who led to them all coming
to the island. So they all played a part in "keeping balance to the force."
eek.gif
That just blew my mind. Did you write that?

I think nycknicks is in a panic right now. Has too much been figured out??

Pretty good. Did you figure all that out on yourself? Sorry about not posting earlier. I had somethings to take care of. I'll give guys a lot
of insight Thursday night.

This is good. SO I've been watching this whole season and that's it. Do I need to watch the other 4 to know exactly what's going on?

Back
Top Bottom