LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Did the beginning remind anyone of the Book of Job?
That's what I first thought, but upon further analysis, not so much. Job was more about GOD ******* Job's life up and making bets with theDevil.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'd like to point out a reason the real Locke is still alive while being possessed or that the dead real Locke body can still b resurrected. Right before switching back to Locke and Ben going inside the 4 toed statue. Richard asks Jack about Locke and right before we switch back to 2007 Jack tells Richard not to give up on Locke yet

I was thinking something similar but off the wall, like "good" vs "bad" Locke
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Or maybe Jacob battles Smokey for supremacy of Locke's body.[/color]
I like that idea... Locke being the new Jacob
pimp.gif

im pretty sure that Lapidus is going to be groomed to become the next "jacob"
I remember Ilana talking about Lepidus being a candidate, but I don't know... I can't picture Lepidus being the new Jacob. I'd prefer Locke (the real one). But hey, you never know
laugh.gif
the real John Locke has died... he is dead... DEAD IS DEAD... the real John Locke is no longer among the living...

just think about it...e verybody who the smoke monster has appeared as... is DEAD... just accept it already...

but i'd like to make a prediction now... its a bit early but oh well
The perfect reason for him to take Jacob's place.
Lapidus is going to be a candidate to become the next Jacob... he will have an very important role in the outcome of everything
Yall need to slow down. I'm not even sold on this "become the next Jacob" talk even though I think Locke is the perfect candidate.To say this one would have to assume the Jacob who just died either isn't the original or came in to that title through some process. I'm leaning moreon the side of Lapidus being candidate to simply become an Other. He was probably on one of Jacob's lists along with Miles, Hurley, Locke, etc. It'sIlana and co. are simply Others who work directly for Jacob and probably recruited by him.

This makes me think though who exactly is the war going to involve? Mr. X/Black Shirt/Smokey so far has been using Jacob's potentials to fight, he himselfdoesn't even like ppl on the island and is probably using his ppl to make a point to Jacob about ppl with what he was saying in the opening scene. Blackshirty guy might use the Ajira survivors when you think about it they're the perfect pawns to take out the Others and the losties who know most of thetruth of at least who's good and bad. Who knows Caesar may survive
laugh.gif
and be Ajira's Jack trying to get off the island/kill everybody else
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

If the Others (led by Richard) are truly Jacob's people and the Temple is a type of safe-haven for them...why is it that the smoke monster resides in the Temple. Earlier this season we saw Ben and Locke (actually smokey) go to the Temple so Ben could be judged. Here the smoke monster emerges and takes the form of Alex. Wouldn't a safe haven for Jacob's people be as far away from the "dark man" as possible?
There has to be some actual rule that there can't be no fighting between the two forces in the Temple. If Smokey is black shirt guy killingall of the Others wouldn't stop Jacob from bringing more ppl to the island or prove to Jacob that he is wrong. Black shirt guy believes mankind effseverything up until it ends, Jacob believes that every time that happens until it ends everything leading up to it poses the opportunity forprogression(basically learning from your past and knowing not what to do when starting over).

Originally Posted by sole vintage

i hate how they didn't answer who sawyer, Juliet, miles and Faraday were shooting at when they took the row boat in the beginning of this season. i thought it was the guys from ajira that were being fired at when they were crossing lockes body to show Richard.
Could it be the people on the Black Rock? I asked the same question
laugh.gif
I figure they'll tackle that in the S6 premier. The perfect scenario is the losties in '77 make it back to '07/'08 living on thebeach maybe with a few Ajira survivors or something and maybe they were already attacked by Smokey or his ppl or the Others and when they see the boat stolenJames, Juliet, Jack, and Kate chase after them. Then past Juliet shoots present Juliet
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but she still lives or even better past Juliet kills Kate.
pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by AreYouDeeWhy

NYCKnicks. Is there something important with Richard favorite line? "Do I know you?' He seems to say that alot.
Yeah, he says it for a reason. Sort of like reassurance for him.

Originally Posted by prokid404

I think Daniel's still alive. dude was too smart to go out like that.

I know who they're going to kill, and it saddens me deeply. I knew this day would come, but never thought it would be this soon. I'm about to boycott this show. (Idk if I really mean that).
juliet?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
guessed it right..

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by AreYouDeeWhy

NYCKnicks. Is there something important with Richard favorite line? "Do I know you?' He seems to say that alot.
Yeah, he says it for a reason. Sort of like reassurance for him.

Originally Posted by prokid404

I think Daniel's still alive. dude was too smart to go out like that.

I know who they're going to kill, and it saddens me deeply. I knew this day would come, but never thought it would be this soon. I'm about to boycott this show. (Idk if I really mean that).
juliet?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
guessed it right..
indifferent.gif
No you didn't
mad.gif
laugh.gif
Sayid's dead.
Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Did the beginning remind anyone of the Book of Job?
That's what I first thought, but upon further analysis, not so much. Job was more about GOD ******* Job's life up and making bets with the Devil.
Think about it, it was almost like that but in this situation Jacob aint grimey like GOD. So Black shirt guy, the devil in this situation has toprove it to him and he wins when he gets one of Jacob's own ppl to kill him a different outcome than Job taking all that bs and still praising and havingfaith.

On another note if Black shirt guy is Smokey Eko's death makes more sense. Dude didn't @@*%# up and repent unlike Ben who regretted what he did, Blackshirt probably figured he had no chance of manipulating Eko or just don't like that type of "arrogant" human and murked him.

Thinking about it, fake Locke's rush to go see Jacob, Smokey telling Ben not to kill Locke again was just him covering his own *%@ and plan
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
(if they're the same being).

LINK to the finale anyone
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

to be honest i think they are going the star wars route to the ending.. and you guys are def right about 'good vs evil' or the 'the jedi vs the darkside'

this was the empire strikes back of the whole thing.. the good guys are down.. but now it's time for the conclusion

and like i said above.. i believe jacob knew this would happen(his death).. but he knew it was necessary for the greater good, like obi-wan's death

Good points. I guess Hurley was serious when he meant he was writing The Empire Strikes Back (LOST)... with a few improvements (changes from past groups ofpeople brought to the island).
nerd.gif

LINK to the finale anyone
nerd.gif

ABC.com man. Always up the morning after
smile.gif

So glad I have Vcast. They have the whole episode on my phone. So watched at work.
smokin.gif

Did ever think which is the actual "incident" the title is referring to? The explosion or the murder of Jacob? Both are huge events that will effectseason 6 a lot.

IMO, Jacob's murder is the actual incident. I think this has the much larger effect on the island and everyone on it past, present, and possibly thefuture.

abc.com never shows for me always some problem but I'll try again.
Happens to me too sometimes, just wait a while and it should load. Then you have HD too
pimp.gif

I just unblocked NYCknicks. next time you're blocked = 2010

i just can't do spoilers. I love this show and it saddens me that there will only be one more season.

Sorry about the delay, and I know. Technically it's Friday and I told you guys I would be here Thursday. I've been very busy with a lot of personalthings.

This might a long drag on, but please deal with me.

- I said this from the very beginning since I started to post in this thread. The battle between "good vs. evil" is very strong within the show. Thefirst scene of the finale showed this to everyone and also confirmed it. Let it be from just observing the colored shirts that Jacob and "BSG" wore,to the dialogue that they both shared. There were a lot of hidden meanings with the whole "it all ends the same....there's only one ending".

-It all goes back to a power struggle. There are certain rules to follow in this "game" and some of these rules aren't meant to be broken.Although, there are loopholes to these rules.

-Locke and Ben were the loopholes. "BSG" knew about the outcome of what was to happen to the both of them and he capitalized on it.

-It would be a stretch to say this, but Illana is sort of like Richard in a sense. Not that she doesn't age or anything, but she has a purpose to thiswhole thing just like Richard. What is her purpose? That I do not know yet. I don't think anyone besides CC & DL knows the answer to that.

-Jacob also plays a role into this whole thing. This whole "game" that is being played. Jacob and "BSG" can't directly make any choicesand decisions. It is up to the people playing to make these decisions.

-Out of all the character involved in this show. Hurley is the one who seems to be different. He is the only one who isn't really meant to be playing inthis game. He never really met a certain criteria involved in playing this game. Dude is pure, and by him being so pure...he is allowed to be a wild card.Someone who can change the shape of the game. He is the only one who has full total control over his destiny. Everyone has a path that they were placed on andis forced to follow. Hurley is the only one who is allowed to veer off his path and create his own. He rightfully did so when he board Ajira Flight 316.

-Jacob is no where near done with this show. The ending of that final scene was enough reassurance for anyone to see that. When Ben approached Jacob with hissob story about how he had to sacrifice a lot of things for the island and for Jacob, all Jacob had to say was just about what was already known to Ben all along. The realization that he had always been a tool to this game. Jacob knew what was coming to him and didn't have the slightest bit of concern in hisface. It was almost of if he knew that what was going to happen to him wasn't going to cause a major rift, but maybe cause a slight bump in the road.Nothing heavy to not be able to fix.

- If there's one thing that irks me most, it would be how often the writers in this damn show are indecisive with deaths! Now, we've all known from dayone that Sayid has done a lot of bad things in this life. Maybe too much for him to even repent and still gain redemption for. As much and I love this man, hehas committed too many sins to be saved. He has had his chances for happiness many many times in the show, but the island took them all away. Shannon and Nadiaare both very good examples for this. Maybe Sayid was the character who is most lost in this show. He tried to find salvation and atonement after torturinghundreds of people and having killed as well, but he finds himself doing these things all over again. He is the perfect example for "BSG". With themany chances he receives, Sayid still decided to go about with his dreadful past and execute upon them. He seems to not have a choice, he seems to not havefree-will. His human instinct outweighs his free will.

With all this being said. I'm very sad to see another season of LOST go by. This is probably my favorite season of LOST next to season 2. It has answeredmany questions that we've all been pondering for a very long time and has shown us a different outlook to this show. It has given us a different angle inwhich we could see the show to be. Thus, meaning that there is one last season left of this marvelously written show and our time for the ultimate answers willsoon arrive. Nothing is set in stone with this show and that will most definitely carry on to season 6.

As I've said before, I will once again try my hardest to keep you guys updated over another hiatus, but this one seems to be the most excruciating one ofthem all. I'm sure the wait will pay off and we will receive the amazing ending to this show that we all deserve.

But for now, just keep the questions coming and I will try my best to answer them all.

Thanks for the info NYC. Is any of the biblical stuff I posted...Jacob, Esau, Aaron going to be tied in at all?

Matthew Fox was on Kimmel Wednesday night and he said that he had dinner with Carlton the night before. He said he knows what the last scenes will looklike and he confirmed that EVERYONE will be satisfied with the outcome.

Also, I like dirty Juliet, but she cleans up well too...

Hasn't Fox said before he knows how it ends though? It could always change.

Why the hell is he the only one who knows too? SMH

This was written by Vozzek on June 1, 2007. Pretty good read about what he thought the show was all about after season 3. Pretty spot on. Producers must ofread his theories for inspiration...

[h3]http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2007/06/vozzek69s-theory-of-everything.html[/h3]
[h3]Vozzek69's Theory of Everything
Posted by DarkUFO at 6/01/2007 02:00:00 PM (Comments: 117)
Labels: Vozzek69[/h3]
As promised here is Vozzek69's Overall Theory on Lost. Vozz's fans will also be pleased to know that he'll will be doing a Monthly recap of his favourite Episodes from Season 1 and 2 right up to the start of Season 4 in Feb 2008.

Alright, after watching three seasons of LOST here's my overall theory as to what I think is going on. Remember that these are only my best guesses, and sometimes I get wacky. Please feel free to agree or disagree with whatever you wish, and add your own thoughts, comments, or hate mail. Here goes:

Everything that's happened on LOST has happened before. Not only once, but numerous times. Everything that happens on the island culminates in something I'll refer to as 'the event'. This will be the climax - the end of LOST. But it will also be the beginning.

We all know the island is special. It's exhibited powers of healing, longevity, and suggestive manifestation. We've also seen numerous nods at time anomalies that may or may not be related to its unusual magnetic properties. The island speaks to select people. It has a consciousness all it's own, and as the series progresses, seems to have an agenda as well.

As I've said before, I believe the island is a sticky ball rolling through time and space, picking up objects and people along the way. The Black Rock, flight 815, Desmond's boat - these things have collided with the island's snowball-like path. Total coincidence? No. The island definitely seems to have some influence on who and what it brings in. It has an ultimate goal, which is to accomplish some task at the end of the show (again, the event). But there are also people who have found the island (Hanso, DHARMA, Naomi's people) on their own by looking for it, and have brought people to the island that are not necessary to its master plan. Perhaps the island allowed some of this to happen in order to gain a required asset (Ben), but the rest of the inhabitants are unnecessary and are subsequently 'purged'.

There's evidence on the island of at least three century's worth of history. Aside from the 21st century crash of flight 815 we have the Black Rock's 19th century wreckage, improbably landlocked inland. Many of the Others sport WWII-style weaponry (M1 Garand, Luger PO8, Goodwin's knife, etc...) as well as the odd fact that all employees of Oceanic airlines wear WWII airman's pilot wings (flight 815's pilot, all the stewardesses, and even the stewardess in Jack's flash forward are wearing these). Richard's garb during Ben's flashback also suggests that inhabitants landed on the island from an even older era, not to mention the 4-toed statue and assorted ruins from who knows when.

Roughly theorizing the sequence of events on the island is hard to do. We've been given small glimpses into the past that don't show much in the way of detail. Historically I'd guess that Hanso found the island and recognized that it was special. He somehow found a way to consistently gain access to it, maybe even temporarily holding it in place with the electromagnet. He brought DHARMA in as a beard while he worked to unlock its deeper secrets. DHARMA's work was the superficial skin that covered his true goal (whatever that was), as we have only to glance at the operation to see that everything DHARMA did was largely +%@%@#!$.

The locals/hostiles on the island have been there for a long time (I think Richard's "very, very patient" speech not only applied to Ben but also to his own group). They co-existed with DHARMA until they could no longer stand by watching the purity of the island compromised... or until the island told them to act. Richard finding Ben in the jungle was an important event - important enough to make them wait until Ben was old enough to be assimilated into their group. At this point Ben betrayed DHARMA and was instrumental in executing the purge, perhaps even providing the codes to the sonic fence. Recognized as special in much the same way Walt was, Ben became their leader. Perhaps this was through Richard's doing, but more likely it was through the orders of a higher authority - Jacob.

Alright, now here's where it gets sticky...

I'm inclined to think the island rests upon some sort of temporal faultline. If you don't like the word temporal, think of it as resting on a nexus for all possible timelines. LOTS of timelines. I think the island can slip in and out of these mirrored universes, which is why sometimes it can be seen and other times it cannot. Charlie's "Where are we?" and Ben's "God can't see this place" are hints toward this. While the island keeps moving things are constantly changing. It's nearly impossible to find. Hurley's radio picks up songs from the past, Desmond's boat keeps floating back to the island no matter which direction he sails in.

On an even more surreal level, I think this explains the subtle differences in scenery and props that everyone's been pointing out since the show started. The "these are only set errors!" argument grows weaker lately, as the entire contents of Ben's fridge rearrange themselves, clocks skip hours ahead in mere seconds, and stickers like "I was here moments ago" get slapped on Charlie's guitar. Yeah, they could still be inconsistency errors. They could even be the producers having fun with us. But in the end, I think they're significant. As we've been told: "Everything changes".

You come home from work and throw your keys on the counter. You could've thrown them on the kitchen table, but you didn't. Maybe there's a universe where you DID throw them on the kitchen table. Maybe there's even a universe where you snap your key off in the lock and call a locksmith who runs down a squirrel on the way to your house, and that universe goes on without that squirrel in it. Silly example, but that's the idea.

And as for the flashbacks, I think they change too. I'm not saying they're completely false, but I am saying the island has a definite hand in them. It certainly has a hand in their dreams and visions (Eko, Boone, Locke, Charlie, the list goes on and on...), so why not the flashbacks too? Items, paintings, numbers, photos... are we to believe that all of these things are just naturally woven so tightly and repetitively through flashbacks of people who have supposedly never met? Not to mention the characters themselves, who have been defying all laws of mathematical coincidence by popping in and out of each other's 'flashbacks' since day one. Could it really be that Desmond's microwave sounds EXACTLY like the Swan's countdown timer? Hell no. I think the island's ability to screw with the flashbacks is limited to the things it knows. This is why the geiger counter from the swan hatch shows up in Locks's apartment during his flashback. This is why everyone's drinking McCutcheon's whiskey. This is why so many people LOOK like so many others, from the woman Jack saved from the burning car to the mugger Charlie faced in the alley - the island has a finite wellspring of knowledge (memories?) from which to draw from.

As most of you already know, I believe the island has the ability to manifest the thoughts, beliefs, or fears of its inhabitants. Jack's dad and Kate's horse are subconscious examples of this, but conscious belief and true faith seem to enhance this ability. Locke can hunt, track, and throws knives like a circus performer because he firmly believes that he can. When he teaches Walt to do this, he tells him to "see it in his mind's eye". Once he does, Walt can throw knives too - on this island it would seem that faith prevails over science. This is why the children are taken by the Others. Children believe blindly in monsters and superheros and all manner of things, and this makes their creative minds the most dangerous. From what we've seen of Emma and Zack lately, they seem placid and almost brainwashed. The Others have brought them to a 'better place' - a controlled environment.

Suggestive manifestation aside, certain characters have exhibited more pronounced abilities. Walt for example, was doing these things off island. His ties with the island were TOO powerful, which may be why Ben let him go. Richard recognized young Ben's vision of his dead mother, making him very desirable. And Locke's kinship with the island began the moment he arrived... and walked away from the plane crash on two good legs. These 'gifted' people are important to the island in that they'll be instrumental in achieving the ultimate goal. They are children of the island, and it speaks to them and through them. Leaving before the goal is realized is not an option; think about how Locke struck Sayid to prevent him from locating the radio in early season one. Even way back then he knew they weren't supposed to go home. And when Alex asks Ben why he doesn't just let the 815'ers leave, he very frustratedly responds with "Because I can't". There's obviously something that needs to happen first.

My theory is that LOST is a big multi-act play. The island is the stage, and everyone on it are the players. This play is different however, because every time the curtain goes up - the story itself changes. There are smaller parts and larger ones, but most everything and everyone are there FOR A REASON. Some characters are more crucial than others, and this is where Jacob's list comes in. The 'good' ones are vital to the end game. And then finally there are the island's few chosen sons/daughters who have the ability to manipulate the storyline as the play progresses, and these are the most important players of all.

But of all the ways for the story to play out, I'm betting there is only one 'correct' way. There is something that must happen (or not happen) which will be revealed to us at the end of LOST. This is the ultimate goal. This is the reason the 815'ers have been brought to the island, and this is what Ben and Jacob are trying to accomplish - time and time again. Because once something happens on the island to make the end goal impossible (i.e. Naomi's people coming to 'rescue' them), that timeline is shot. That particular play ends tragically, as seen in Jack's flashforward. That reality is now a dead end.

However, the game is not over. Because every time that happens there's the opportunity for a fresh start. Nakedness and rebirth. Desmond and Mikhail. Everything is stuck in a loop, from Rousseau's radio message to the currents around the island bringing the boat and the raft back to its shores. "It'll come back around". "We all have a fresh start". "See you in another life". Not the next life mind you, but another one. Different timelines, different actions. So many things point to this. The skeletons, for one. We've long theorized who Jack and Jill will turn out to be, clutching the black and white stones, almost as if we expect a loop. Will Ben turn out to be Aaron? Is the musician who programmed the jamming code in the Looking Glass really just another version of Charlie? How many times has the play LOST been run? Hundreds? Thousands? When does it end?

I think it can only end when the ultimate goal is achieved. The island is attempting to guide the players along to that end goal, enlightening certain people as to what needs to be done. Ben and Locke are examples. All throughout the show they've 'known' things. "You're not supposed to do this" or "This isn't the way this is supposed to happen". How else could Ben be so far ahead of everything that's happening... unless he's seen the same things happen before? Whether Jacob's given him a heads up or whether he's actually seen this stuff firsthand doesn't really matter. What matters is he knows.

So now put yourself in Ben's shoes for a minute. You know all this stuff, but you can't tell anyone because the very act of enlightening them might change the things they're about to do. And would they believe you anyway? Probably not. Which is why you need to trick and nudge people into doing the 'right' things. You need them to want to want to do these things, and moreover, to think they themselves chose to do them. You have a list of select people who are destined to accomplish certain tasks at certain times, but then you've got other wild card characters who you cannot control, spinning things in different directions. Every time something 'wrong' happens you've got to implement damage control - you've got to make moves to get things back on track. You're the master of a giant chessgame, but you only control some of the pieces. And you can only make certain moves: Michael: "Why don't you go get them yourself?" Klugh: "It doesn't work that way".

You have to lie to people all of the time, even your own people. You have incredible knowledge that you cannot share, and this gets very lonely. It also sucks because since everything is running according to someone else's design, you have nothing all your own - in a way, you're a pawn in your own chess game. So you try to make some things all your own - just for you. Raising Alex, for example. Maybe you initiate a fertility project. These things are for your own benefit, yet in the grand scheme of things they end up screwing up the master plan. The small, seemingly harmless deviations you make cause Doppler-like ripples that effect the end game, which in turn causes Jacob to turn his back on you and look for a new champion.

"History is about to repeat itself, right here, right now". These are Ben's words to Jack during the finale. At this point he knows he's about to fail, that he's blown another run at the whole thing. Locke knows too, desperately trying to stop Jack by telling him "This will be your last chance". But the call gets made, and the jig is up. Ben's head sinks. Locke slumps off into the jungle, knowing there's nothing more to be done.

Whenever this happens, whenever the island reaches another point of no return, I believe it sideslips timelines or realities. It re-enters a point at which the task can still be accomplished again, and the slate is wiped clean. Tabula Rasa. A new beginning. Knowledge of past errors is retained and passed on, so that certain mistakes aren't made again - yet different mistakes are inevitable. Maybe this happened, even partially, when Desmond turned the failsafe key. Being at the epicenter of that disaster would explain his brief trip to what sure looked like an alternate timeline. It would also explain his flashes of future events. Desmond is seeing things that have happened before, and is actually able to change them. This is where Ms. Hawking comes in.

Ms. Hawking's assertion that Desmond cannot change the future turns out to be wrong. Does Charlie die? Sure, but Desmond is able to keep him alive long enough to perform a very crucial task that Charlie, and Charlie only, could perform. With Greta and Bonnie dead, Charlie was the only person able to flip the jamming switch - once and for all proving that destiny is not set in stone. It's more like a river whose course is constantly changing. Hawking desperately wanted to convince Desmond otherwise, which seems to be consistent with the island's interests of keeping this knowledge from everyone.

As for Jacob, I love the idea that he's really one of LOST's main characters (Locke, Desmond, ?) trapped in a place between worlds. Maybe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time during one of the slips I mentioned. I definitely don't think Jacob exists within the realm of the current timeline, which is why he can't easily be seen. Only those open enough to the island's inner workings can visualize the man trapped between worlds, stuck in a timeless limbo from which he cannot escape. Jacob isn't without power, but his powers are limited (and may be further limited by Ben's volcanic circle of ash). I think he might be influencing the flashbacks and could definitely be responsible for the dreams and visions.

Jacob may even be the smoke monster. This idea makes sense in that he'd certainly kill the pilot for trying to communicate off-island, and that he'd judge and 'scan' Locke and Eko looking for people to help his cause. When dragging Locke into that hole during the season one finale Locke knew he'd "be alright" because this was more of a forceable request for an audience with Jacob than a physical attack. As Ben said "This isn't a man you go to see - you are summoned by him".

What I'm still really not sure about are the whispers. One thing we do know is that they resemble a running commentary of current events, meaning that whoever is behind them can actually see what's going on. There's even a mention of a 'scope' at one point. Another spooky fact is that the whispers often seem to resemble LOST's existing characters, both live and dead. Boone's "Hi sis!" (as Shannon appears) came about after his death, with the words "dying sucks" mouthed in the same scene. We also hear "Relax dude", which could undoubtedly be Hurley, and Frank Duckett's voice distinctly tells us "It'll come back around".

Definite facts about the whispers: they seem to be trying to help. They also seem very afraid of being seen or discovered, which would apparently "ruin everything". If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the whispers might be LOST's characters watching themselves run through the ever-looping course of events on the island. Whether they're from some other parallel timeline/reality, or from a world beyond... I have no clue. I'm open to ideas.

Okay... if you've gotten this far, go one extra step. I've never been a Star Trek guy, but go out and find the ST Next Generation episode called "Cause and Effect". Watch it, or read a synopsis of it. If you agree with some of the things I've said above, the similarities of this episode will blow your head apart - right down to the whispers. And even if you don't agree, it was still a pretty kickass episode - even for non Star Trek fans.

Well, that's it. I'll finish by saying I don't think we'll see too much more of Jack's flashforward timeline stuff. Some, but not much. I believe that's a timeline that won't come to fruition (in terms of the current timeline) because something will probably be done (on island) to change it. I think we're going to see the big event at the end, which is perhaps the point at which Jacob got stuck. That's the purpose of LOST, the reason everything loops back. Whatever happens there, it's got to be a complete jaw-dropping mind-f***. LOST can't finish with a tearful rescue and some sad music. There won't be a hand-holding walk-into-the-sunset type of ending. The show will definitely conclude the same way it began - with chaos and upheaval and maybe even a plane crash.
wink.gif

c'mon now NYC. all you just did was basically sum up what every spoiler site and LOST meassage board has been buzzing about for the past 2 days.

-J-

Originally Posted by JBug88

c'mon now NYC. all you just did was basically sum up what every spoiler site and LOST meassage board has been buzzing about for the past 2 days.

-J-
I've always been suspicious of his "inside" info. You guys gave me grief about questioning him on the 06 even when I proved himwrong. It seems like he waits for vozzek to post then comes in with his "inside" info which is essentially what vozzek writes just reworded.

if anything is a sham, its nyc
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Originally Posted by JBug88

-J-
I've always been suspicious of his "inside" info. You guys gave me grief about questioning him on the 06 even when I proved him wrong. It seems like he waits for vozzek to post then comes in with his "inside" info which is essentially what vozzek writes just reworded.

if anything is a sham, its nyc
laugh.gif
I guarantee you, in past seasons, he was spot on/iron clad with spoiler information that he posted. Iwon money from my friends with his spoilers. I wish he would have posted more this season. It seems like he didn't converse with his source quite as muchthis season.

What kinda stuff would he drop? I wasn't around back in his "prime" I guess you could say. What was he right on so early in the game that was wayin advance?

don't get me wrong. he's been spot on for almost everything. except that whole O6 fiasco.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

all i was referring to was his summary from the last page...

-J-

Forgot about this from "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"

Next John Locke goes to New York City to see Walt Lloyd. Before Locke talk to Walt, he has a conversation with Matthew Abbadon where he asks him to track down his old girlfriend Helen Norwood. The bell rings at the Fieldcroft School that they are watching and Walt is among the students leaving for the day. As Locke and Abbadon sit across the street watching Walt, Abbadon says "So that's Michael Dawson's son. Boy's gotten big."

Walt looks across the street and sees Locke sitting there. Walk walks over to Locke and Locke notes that he doesn't seem surprised to see him. Walt then tells him that he's been having dreams about Locke. He says "You were on the island wearing a suit and there were people all around you. They wanted to hurt you John." Locke shrugs it off saying that they're just dreams, but Walt seems to understand his own "ability" and knows it means more. Walt asks about his dad and Locke says last I heard your dad was on a freighter near the island, even though he most likely knows that Michael is dead. When Walt asks Locke why he came to see him, Locke just says "I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Walt then leaves without Locke asking him to go back to the island. Abbadon asks him about it and Locke says "Boy's been through enough." Abbadon heckles him saying he's "0 for 2." Locke says that he only needs to convince one person to come back and if he does, they all will.
Locke wearing a suit? In the box with Ajira people? Hmm...

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

What kinda stuff would he drop? I wasn't around back in his "prime" I guess you could say. What was he right on so early in the game that was way in advance?

Well for an example, 2 seasons ago, he pm'ed anybody who wanted it, a complete overview of the finale episode about a month or so prior to the finale. (Iwish I still had the PM). I wrote it down on a piece of notebook paper, signed it, and sealed it in an envelope and bet my buddy $50 that I knew what happenedat the end of the season and he bit. After the finale he opened up the envelope and read it to a whole group of us that had gathered to watch the show and itwas all correct except for maybe one or two little tidbits. Everyone thought I was a LOST badass.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom