Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

I thought that too, when I watched it. But according to the pod, the writers said she decided to stay to give the audience a reason not to like her...and push back on the patriarchy and the idea that women need to go home to take care of the kids. At least that’s what I gathered from their dialogue.
I think I'm gonna rewatch tonight.

At the end she talked about going home but asked how could she after everything she has become. She then spun around and turned in to space dust.

Its not exactly clear what she did but it doesn't look like the alien sent her back at that moment.

Probably dead wrong, but I interpreted this trip like the alternate Universe’s in The Flash, or cerebral planes in Marvel. Wonder how long she was gone in real time?
I'd say it's similar to that.

She didn't come back by the time it closed so pretty long but not equal to the time she spent.

If she turned into some highly evolved being, she might be able to go any planet in any dimension at any time. She just needs the right coordinates. Her concept of space and time are different now after what she’s experienced.

It sucks so many people are confused, because this show is brilliant, there's soooo many gems, and easter eggs.

Think of it like the movies 'Get Out' and 'US'. The horror and sci-fi elements are just a plot device to tell a deeper story. Read between the lines of what's really being said, about racism, history, and other social issues.

Sidenote: Fam, there was a Beyonce easter egg in ep. 7 :lol: Seraphina AKA Beyond C'est was the tall being. (Beyonce has an album titled I AM.. Sasha Fierce)

(I also missed Frida Kahlo and Bessie Springfield)

At the end she talked about going home but asked how could she after everything she has become. She then spun around and turned in to space dust.

Its not exactly clear what she did but it doesn't look like the alien sent her back at that moment.

I'd say it's similar to that.

She didn't come back by the time it closed so pretty long but not equal to the time she spent.

I think she did go home. Cuz she said her daughter needs her.

It sucks so many people are confused, because this show is brilliant, there's soooo many gems, and easter eggs.

Think of it like the movies 'Get Out' and 'US'. The horror and sci-fi elements are just a plot device to tell a deeper story. Read between the lines of what's really being said, about racism, history, and other social issues.

Sidenote: Fam, there was a Beyonce easter egg in ep. 7 :lol: Seraphina AKA Beyond C'est was the tall being. (Beyonce has an album titled I AM.. Sasha Fierce)

(I also missed Frida Kahlo and Bessie Springfield)

Bruh we get all the Easter eggs but what the hell did it have to do with Atticus finding the damn book? And where did he go. The show is good but I’m just so mad lol.

Last edited:
I think she did go home. Cuz she said her daughter needs her.
Rewatching the end cuz I must've missed that part.

EDIT

Oh she did. Didnt catch that last part.

Another interesting thing I caught is it seems like Atticus actually did go in the portal and got spat back out right after Hippolyta said Dee needed her.

Last edited:
Bruh we get all the Easter eggs but what the hell did it have to do with Atticus finding the damn book? And where did he go. The show is good but I’m just so mad lol.
It wasn't his episode. lol this was loose filler.

But yeah ...I really hope they touch on where the hell he went. I'm assuming he went on his own trip ? (Would've been cool to see it play out on screen)

Tic came back thru with a “Lovecraft Country” book with George as the author. He did something.
Yeah I noticed thay but that whole damn scene was a bit scattered.

Like after Tic couldn't get the car he took the bus to St. Louis to see the friend of his relative. They didn't show the trip and it didn't necessarily seem like where Hippolyta was going was in St. Louis but just like that after Tic figured out what she was doing he showed up right when she was in trouble with the cops and came in swinging.

Man if it wasn't for the portal I would've been like damn how did he get there so fast. A lot was going on.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed thay but that whole Damn scene was a bit scattered.

Like after Tic couldn't get the car he took the bus to St. Louis to see the friend of his relative. They didn't show the trip and it didn't necessarily seem like where Hippolyta was going was in St. Louis but just like that after Tic figured out what she was doing he showed up right when she was in trouble with the cops and came in swinging.

Man if it wasn't for the portal I would've been like damn how did he get there so fast. A lot was going on.

When he got the call I said he bet not miraculously show up...and sure enough he did smh.

When the character, Seraphina, appears in the last episode, my mind instantly went to Garnet....

fe5023f38967409c1995e67b9a179bd2.png

I know Hippolyta said it's not a time machine, but what if the cop tossed in the portal landed back in time and was tic's ancestor?

Random Thought:
Montrose used so much spit to ramshack that guys butthole. How do curate that much spit in one spitting? I can only develop that much spit when I feel nauseated. It was like he was holding water in his mouth.

He did homie brutal man. Mad painful to watch. Dude took that pounding like a champ.

EP2 had me extremely lost.

Almost gave up on the show until I heard BARS!

"You know who you are. Don't you ever let them make uou question yourself! That's how they win. They want make us crazy. Terrorize us. Make us scared. But Lettetia ****ing Lewis don't get scared!"
RealAcademicEmu-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom