Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

This episode was very weird.. a lot of gratuitous violence playing on current social issues. Part of me thinks either Hippolyta (sp?) died or got a concussion during the fight and this is her hallucinating. IDk.. maybe it’s her remembering all her past lives.. or she had an emotional breakdown couple with an identity crisis after George died..
The whole scene with Tic and his pops really speaks volumes.. to social issues today as well.. With Tic saying his whoppings was his father’s way of dealing with being a pedo and bi.. very weird.. especially with how they’ve been shooting Tic’s scenes in previous episodes

I believe Montrose beat Tic because he struggled with his own sexuality. Combined with the fact that he may not have even been his father (yet to explicitly be revealed to us). It's a cycle. Montrose got beat by his father because he was gay. That's why George didn't really stand up for him as kids. What can you do in that situation as a kid?

Don't even like the horror genre but all this new black horror got me giving it a chance.
This episode was very weird.. a lot of gratuitous violence playing on current social issues. Part of me thinks either Hippolyta (sp?) died or got a concussion during the fight and this is her hallucinating. IDk.. maybe it’s her remembering all her past lives.. or she had an emotional breakdown couple with an identity crisis after George died..
The whole scene with Tic and his pops really speaks volumes.. to social issues today as well.. With Tic saying his whoppings was his father’s way of dealing with being a pedo and bi.. very weird.. especially with how they’ve been shooting Tic’s scenes in previous episodes
Whoa when did anyone become a pedo?

Don't think Tic implied that about Montrose at all.

Last edited:
Omar stay gettin the fruity roles lmao.

qf8NbIk.gif

It's streaming on Shudder if you have it.
It is also on Amazon prime via shudder

Just was gonna put it on the watch list but just now ended up watching the whole thing :nthat:

It's crazy how all those years later Night of the Living Dead had the same impact on me.

Whole thing was a great discussion and rundown of black ppl in cinema, black history, and mainly black ppl in horror movies in America.

Already put The Girl With All The Gifts and Ganja & Hess on the to watchlist.

Last edited:
Gotta check out that Horror noir doc. Not a big Horror fan either, but something about mixing the typical fantasy horrors faced in the movies with the real life horrors black people face is intriguing to me. Where at times the real world is so bad you almost breath a sigh of relief when the "monster" shows up.

But how Tic go to help shorty fight off the police so fast ? He must have cracked the teleporting magic spells :lol:

They move around in this show something crazy
Yea the coordinates from the orrery & that map she had in the car come out to kansas city which ain’t that far from St. Louis but there’s no way Tic is getting there right after her if he left Chicago after her & then stopped to have dinner :lol:

At the beginning of the episode he said he had deciphered half the pages that they had at that point, I imagine (hope? :lol: ) they follow up on that & we find out that he learned something

But idk. Previews looked like Hippolyta stayed gone right after she said she needed to look after her daughter :lol:

Nasty nasty nasty body horror sex

Who is in to this?

Also how is Christina's potion lasting so much longer than Ruby's?

The way these sister ghouls are dancing reminds me of Farnsworth Bentley :lol: and MJ in Thriller.

Diana :pimp: Got some big ones walking in a cop's house like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom