Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

Idk...I thought the season finale was a bit of a let down.

Also, with the way they ended it, if there's a season 2, I feel like Dee somehow becomes the antagonist. That final scene with her killing Christina with her terminator arm, and obviously now being the master of the Shagoth, suggests that she's about to begin a journey down a brutal path.

i think you have fallout with the white people who can’t now do magic.. plus you can explore the other parts of the world and races who use magic

I can easily see a s2. The finale already gave some clues.

Easily bring Atticus back one of two ways; The 2 ways involves cranking up that multiverse machine and you can time travel to get the Atticus that went to the future and extend his life that way or go to another universe and get alt Atticus.

Ruby probably gonna stay dead though.

As for antagonists, ain't just regular white ppl to be afraid of, reveal that demons are among us (in white ppl's bodies). Now the family gotta take on the literal white devil.

I always wanted a revamped Blacula, do something with him and Dracula. The family takes on blood suckers and other crazy supernatural monsters.

She killed the chick that just killed her brother/cousin. I ain't really see that as a heel turn :lol:
I mean the way I took it she had some wise words. Kid ahead of her time. All the adults naive leaving what they think is a powerless white woman but it aint like they using magic daily to protect them.

Christina could easily lead a white mob on them and have them all lynched, burned, shot, etc.

Last edited:
Did Christina just stop looking/trying to get the ornery? Or was that just Lancaster? And all that magic that she be doing, it’s odd she didn’t just try to take the book from Tic & them :lol:. She’s been powered up and powered down. That was an inconsistency that kinda threw me.

I could see the Letti switch a mile away.

The legit made Letti a superhero.

Ole girl got her Sherlock Holmes on to realize that her sister wasn't really her sister (after more than a day with here :rolleyes), then threw hands like she was prime Jason Bourne. Baby girl she fell out that watchtower like Tariq St. Patrick just shot her. Then she woke up from the dead again, this time like she was Jon Snow. Then right away she breaks Flo-Jo's time in the 100 meters.

Finally, she chiefin man down like she a UK drill artist.

Last edited:
Asian shorty be lookin right 4real :evil: ...Tic had both his biddies on the same road trip like a true playa :pimp:

Dee always off somewhere dolo, fam be forgetting bout her like it ain’t dangerous out there :lol: :smh:

Def been reading that they got ideas for more seasons but damn near every shows future on thin ice right now due to COVID so who knows...They seemed to wrap up Tic’s storyline so the show could technically be one n done tho

At this point I don’t expect much from season finales b/c it always seems like the penultimate episode is usually better. This one falls in line with that, IMO.

Overall I loved this show. We need more though! So many possibilities with the story. Hopefully it gets picked up for S2.

It was Game of Thrones that established that. They'd have a crazy wild penultimate ep every season and then the finale would just be an epilogue.

The legit made Letti a superhero.

Ole girl got her Sherlock Holmes on to realize that her sister wasn't really her sister (after more than a day with here :rolleyes), then threw hands like she was prime Jason Bourne. Baby girl she fell out that watchtower like Tariq just shot her. Then she woke up from the dead again, this time like she was Jon Snow. Then right away she breaks Flo-Jo's time in the 100 meters.

Finally, she chiefin man down like she a UK drill artist.
A superhero that in the end ultimately failed.

It took her over a day to figure it out. That's exactly why she isnt Sherlock :lol:

I mean she fought a white girl posing as a bbw and got washed soundly. Her only chance being when Christina fell through hatch door.

Only reason she's alive is cuz Christina kept her promise to Ruby.

Sped over there just to watch Tic die. Couldn't do anything until the real MVP, Ji-Ah the 9 tailed beast came through and salvaged the entire plan and just used that power in Atticus to complete the spell they wanted. Legit reversed Christina's immortality.
Did Christina just stop looking/trying to get the ornery? Or was that just Lancaster? And all that magic that she be doing, it’s odd she didn’t just try to take the book from Tic & them :lol:. She’s been powered up and powered down. That was an inconsistency that kinda threw me.

I could see the Letti switch a mile away.
She couldn't really do any magic to take it from them unless she was ready to kill them and she really was keeping her promise not to hurt them.

Besides that Tic had his own protection spell and Hippolyta got her own super powers. Lot of unknowns in that fight. She'd have to take off Letti's invulnerability first to even use her as leverage.

The orrery was just the cop's thing. Christina was planning on putting dude in endless pain so she would've stole that from him in the end. She was good after she got the pages. Once she found out the book was around the orrery mattered even less.

Last edited:
What a timely series. Thought provoking and courageous. The meaning to all of this is that Black people need to take OUR JUJU back, which is what white supremacy has used against us all this time. As soon as we give into the abrahamic faiths, we are either forced, or coerced, into leaving our ancestry, our birthright, behind. Doing this has left us vulnerable to the influences that do not have our best interests at heart, ushering us into a belief that uses free will against us, making us think that wanting freedom, is somehow a sin.

wr wr Master Zik Master Zik

I need to watch this all at once one weekend
Basically what I did. Caught an episode on friday watched all the rest on sat and sunday in time for the finale.

I was surprised at the space angle. I often hear people refer to space ships and aliens being black peoples true ancestors with the Annunaki.

Something felt off about this episode. The pacing is usually excellent, but it seemed rushed, with missing scenes. This was probably the weakest episode (for me). Excellent series though, this was a love letter to black people. I'd be down for a spinoff focusing on Dee and George II.

Also.... shoutout to grandma Hatti putting Letti on game. Black people always calling something "the devil" or evil. :smh: Nah fam...EVERYTHING has good and bad energy. It's all about how you use it.

So of all the main characters that are alive and will be in season 2, the only male to survive is bisexual? The black ancestors were all female? The patriarch of the black family was reborn as a demon/monster? Any chance the author was racist AND feminist?

Reactions: wr
So of all the main characters that are alive and will be in season 2, the only male to survive is bisexual? The black ancestors were all female? The patriarch of the black family was reborn as a demon/monster? Any chance the author was racist AND feminist?
Everybody putting their spin on the black messiah resurrection story should show you why we have so many different bibles lol. A whole show about keeping a book away from black people so that white people can live for ever. Strong Book of the Dead, Lost books of the Bible vibes going on here.

This show and watchmen are basically the same story with slightly different clothes on. The bisexual man survived that series as well while the blue/black God was sacrificed so that the whites could become immortal. Asian women running spiritual interference in both

191216-watchmen-finale-mn-1245_b86b2fd1ac51f2eb3e65eaca2b235b6f.jpg
atticus-lovecraft-finale-1603030049.png

US was good work, and I give Sci-fi more room for error than other genres but that’s only 2 instances where I rock with dudes work. Also, treading lightly because Kamala >D

Back
Top Bottom