Lowering The Drinking Age

yea nobody is forcing them BUT no matter what you say they play an essential role so they deserve a lil more respect than just go off and die if you want to.

and you think drinking gives them that respect?

The point is kids already do it and will continue to do it. BUT military soldiers are highly disciplined and that is why I am in favor of them drinking
those highly disciplined soldiers are the same kids that are already doing it...

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

I dont know if this has been posted but some states are considering lowering the drinking age for active members of the military, while other states like wisconsin are considering lowering it period.

i dont really know where i stand on this issue because Im 18 and I drink as much if not more than some 21 year olds when i go to the club or at house parties, but that's just my personal choice and i never drink and drive or let my friends do it either.

But i do feel there are a lot of kids my age who can't drink responsibly...many of them being girls who seem to always want to compete with the guys even tho 9 times out of 10 they lose. Anyway I do however think it is a good idea for military members to be able to drink because it goes back to the same argument that if you are old enough and mature enough to kill someone or be killed than you should be old enough to drink.

so discuss?

oh and here is some info and the matter in case anyone is interested.

http://www.kindweb.com/news/linkarticle.asp?ID=5853

I agree with everything you said. I'm 18 as well and most of my friends are between the 17-20 range, and we all drink seriously at the least 4 days aweek. We pre-game before we go to clubs and stuff. We ALWAYS have a DD and we never drive drunk or even tipsy for that matter. Also I still manage to keep mygrades in the B-A+ range. We have never gotten into trouble or created any problems, we just drink and have fun basically. And the people we associate withpeople who share the same philosophy...."drink responsibly." And honestly the only time I've seen where drinking became a problem is when we hangout with dumb girls who don't know how to handle their liquor or just being plain stupid after 2 shots and a can of beer
indifferent.gif
But I do know not everyone can be responsible with drinking speciallyhigh school kids. I think they should put the drinking age at 19. Because at 19 a lot of kids are out of high school and some are away at college. If you areold enough to carry guns overseas you should be old enough drink a beer. And every other country has the drinking age below 21 and there seems to be no problemfor them.

Mytmouse, from your responses im with you 100% so far.

yea nobody is forcing them BUT no matter what you say they play an essential role so they deserve a lil more respect than just go off and die if you want to.
yes they do. and should they receieve this type of compensation? NO.
Thats not even a real compensation to the smarter human being.

Whatever amount of $ you get from the military should be your real compensation.
If its not enough, well...you joined.

your cousin broke the law...he knew that when he did it...what does his military service have to do with that?

Back
Top Bottom