Ludacris Has The Most Forgettable Career Of Any Successful Rapper: True or False

DMV is RNB wrote:
He has more number 1 Billboard 100 records than any rapper ever. (four to be exact)

DMX......

No. Definitely not DMX. Get your facts together
laugh.gif

i always get the argument luda or t.i.p

for me... t.i.p. hands down.

t.i. has the whole package...

Having grown up in GA, I never really cared for Luda like that. His music seems real disposable for the most part and I never really cared for the productionon his albums; it seemed quasi-Southern, if I can say that. I talked to a friend about this like four or five years ago and she said his first two albums werestraight and the rest generally declined in quality.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

TIP doesn't do anything great. What TIP does decent Luda does better. I agree TIP has a lot more to offer than Luda but TIP does nothing great. Not tomention he keeps dropping the same album ever year. Atleast Luda tries to reinvent himself.

^Ohh.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......... yeah so um you must be talking about a different TIP. SoleWoman meant TIP. I see where you got confused there andthought she was talking about a rapper that isn't 100% dope and 150% relevent. Nope, she was talking about TIP. Hope that cleared everything up for you.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

^Ohh.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......... yeah so um you must be talking about a different TIP. SoleWoman meant TIP. I see where you got confused there and thought she was talking about a rapper that isn't 100% dope and 150% relevent. Nope, she was talking about TIP. Hope that cleared everything up for you.

lol im confused

Originally Posted by rocyaice

TIP doesn't do anything great. What TIP does decent Luda does better. I agree TIP has a lot more to offer than Luda but TIP does nothing great. Not to mention he keeps dropping the same album ever year. Atleast Luda tries to reinvent himself.
Except when it comes to dropping albums. Trap Muzik>>>any Ludacris album. Luda's best effort was Word of Mouf IMO, after that it'sbeen
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by rocyaice

TIP doesn't do anything great. What TIP does decent Luda does better. I agree TIP has a lot more to offer than Luda but TIP does nothing great. Not to mention he keeps dropping the same album ever year. Atleast Luda tries to reinvent himself.
Except when it comes to dropping albums. Trap Muzik>>>any Ludacris album. Luda's best effort was Word of Mouf IMO, after that it's been
grin.gif
truth...

Originally Posted by chozin87

Everybody respects Luda as a rapper; I think the problem is he's just not a serious person. He doesn't seem to care that most of his music is made for you to laugh at every couple bars and then go to the next song.

I agree. He doesn't take his music too serious. Ludacris himself even admitted to this; he pays more attention to making movies now than he does to hismusic. He wants to be a part of Hollywood and launch his acting career.

But I think that his last album - Release Therapy - was very good. But I didn't like Red Light District so much. His older albums focused on a wholedifferent style of rapping, so I don't think Release Therapy was comparable to any of his other albums. You do have to admit he is a master with words. Heannihilated T.I. on Stomp and he continues to improve his lyrics.

But yes, Ludacris does have quite a few milestones in the music industry that most people will not recognize mostly due to their ignorance. But milestonesare not as important as the mark that he will leave.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

^Ohh.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......... yeah so um you must be talking about a different TIP. SoleWoman meant TIP. I see where you got confused there and thought she was talking about a rapper that isn't 100% dope and 150% relevent. Nope, she was talking about TIP. Hope that cleared everything up for you.

lol im confused

laugh.gif

He was backing you.

Basically, royaice must not be talking about T.I.. Must have him confused with someone else...

Rilla is just sarcastic as hell
laugh.gif

I think the "problem" with Luda is that he didn't have the struggle that rapper needs to be considered "relevant". He's just verywitty individual, with a ridiculous flow. He was a DJ so he knew what would sell, and he got his. He's one of the 3 main reasons the Neptune skyrocketed tothe top of or the production game (Mystical and Jay were the other 2, IMO). 15 million records ain't no joke. His consistency is uncanny, and he does itall without glorifying violence and selling drugs. I really wish someone really went at him to Luda could eat them alive. TI is ok, but he reallydidn'twant it on wax 'cause can't eff with Luda in the flows department. And TI in no way has "the whole package". If Luda would put moreeffort into making an album full of tracks like "Runaway Love", he could retire with all the respect he needs.

That "Stung" clip took me back.
laugh.gif
That's seriously when myrespect for Luda was solidified. And to the person who Luda is the best in the south, I'll just assume you forgot about Andre3000.

Back
Top Bottom