Originally Posted by GUSH

I like these, i just prefer lighter shoes now
ohwell.gif

I'm jw, why'd you name them wilco?

something different

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

They are!

Just ordered my iDs. I wasn't 100% on the Swoosh color, so I just went with both designs. One will go back though...

LunarGlide 4iD - Toothpaste by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

LunarGlide 4iD - Brush-N-Floss by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr
you cracked me up because both of my parents are dentists!
I would have a white swoosh though (toothpaste cap)

laugh.gif
 NICE! 

Gotti: Nice find! Here's another one.
http://www.solereview.com/reviews/nike-lunarglide-4-review/ 

--wore the volts walking around all day today. SUPER comfortable, I would say on the same level as the LG1's if not a tad better. definitely can feel the lunar 'bounce', and so light - just a great shoe at a great price.

-also had at least 6 random people complement them

Originally Posted by kenichi

Saw the 007 cw in person, and they're now on my list!
21l6az4.png

ILLY,
Is this colorway an ID or a general release? They're clean!

GRs, bro! They're WMNs though, but I don't mind. I just copped a pair.
embarassed.gif

Picked up a pair of these today. Only wore them for about 20min, but judging from that wear these are by far the most comfortable shoes I own. 
pimp.gif

I returned the Lunar Hyperdunks and probably will get this instead. The lunarlon on Lunarglides >>>> lunaron in the Hyperdunk and it's not even close.

Brief Review: Try-On

LG4s are significantly more comfier than the LG3s. This may indicative of the addition of the density Lunarlon midsole, which has a combo of Firm foam (lower) and Soft foam (upper). The LG3 had both, but it had less Soft foam, which was encaved in the midsole.  This year's LG has both foams, and they're both visible. LG4s are also an ounce lighter than the 3s. Of all the LGs, these are without a doubt the most comfy.

Regarding the fit, I found the LG4 to be slightly snugger but still very comfy. It could be due to the Dynamic FW. As for the materials, the dual layered skin with the FlyKnit-esque exo-mesh and inner meshed sleeve feels levels better than the LG3. After the trying on the 4s, the LG3s feel clunky. Again, for fit, LG4 > LG3. In fact, LG4s have the best fit of the series.

I've never run in the LG3s, so I really don't know how they perform. Plus, I've been running exclusively in the LunarEclipses for about six months now (almost at 1,000mi). However, simply taking a step in the LG4s honestly makes me WANT TO RUN (!), which is something I didn't feel from the LG3. I think I've found myself a worthy replacement when I decide to retire my LEs.

THE ONLY DOWNFALL to the LG4 is the overall design. The density midsole looks awesome, but the upper looks mediocre to me. I'm sure there'll be some decent cws that'll can compensate (I.E. Premiums, Tonal Volts, Tonal Total Oranges, etc.). Another thing that bothers me is the slightly exposed Dynamic FW, especially in a contrasting color. However, they don't bother as much as the Dynamic Fit pieces on the FR3s. Fortunately they can be tucked in and hidden and still serve the same function. With all that said, the LG3 still holds the title of "The Best Looking LG".

All in all, the LG series has significantly improved each year, especially in the areas of comfort and fit. After the LG3, I was really excited to see what Nike had planned for the 4s. Upon first SIGHT of the shoe, I was deeply disappointed. Disappointed enough that I wouldn't even purchase ONE pair. Now, that I've tried them on, I've had a change of heart. Though they grew on me, I still don't see myself owning more than two-three pairs max (including iD). This year's LG seems to be more geared towards performance and comfort, which is a good thing as a runner.

For the LG5, I'd like to SEE the expected yearly improvements in fit, comfort, performance, and, especially, AESTHETICS! I put a lot of weight on how a shoe LOOKS when I decide to purchase.

bi7y80.png

Originally Posted by jecca650

Picked up a pair of these today. Only wore them for about 20min, but judging from that wear these are by far the most comfortable shoes I own. 
pimp.gif
saw them this weekend but didn't buy yet but when I picked them up it felt so light.  How is cushioning on these?

When Nike creates a shoe that is designed to lace through the "flywire" and flywire only, ill begin to believe in the gimmick. you could lace though just the "colored strings" but the shoe wasnt designed for that.
with that said, i was looking forward to coppin these, VERY COMFY

599428_3399219654594_1854623161_n.jpg

was gonna get the volts but my FNL didnt have them and these are dope too. not sure ill still get the volts (i have am 2009 volt c/w) so im good on the standout running/casual shoes. 

^^ blues look GREAT! - they're my 2nd fave solid cw so far, orange looks sick in person too.... and the red

Brief Review: Try-On

LG4s are significantly more comfier than the LG3s. This may indicative of the addition of the density Lunarlon midsole, which has a combo of Firm foam (lower) and Soft foam (upper). The LG3 had both, but it had less Soft foam, which was encaved in the midsole.  This year's LG has both foams, and they're both visible. LG4s are also an ounce lighter than the 3s. Of all the LGs, these are without a doubt the most comfy.

Regarding the fit, I found the LG4 to be slightly snugger but still very comfy. It could be due to the Dynamic FW. As for the materials, the dual layered skin with the FlyKnit-esque exo-mesh and inner meshed sleeve feels levels better than the LG3. After the trying on the 4s, the LG3s feel clunky. Again, for fit, LG4 > LG3. In fact, LG4s have the best fit of the series.

I've never run in the LG3s, so I really don't know how they perform. Plus, I've been running exclusively in the LunarEclipses for about six months now (almost at 1,000mi). However, simply taking a step in the LG4s honestly makes me WANT TO RUN (!), which is something I didn't feel from the LG3. I think I've found myself a worthy replacement when I decide to retire my LEs.

THE ONLY DOWNFALL to the LG4 is the overall design. The density midsole looks awesome, but the upper looks mediocre to me. I'm sure there'll be some decent cws that'll can compensate (I.E. Premiums, Tonal Volts, Tonal Total Oranges, etc.). Another thing that bothers me is the slightly exposed Dynamic FW, especially in a contrasting color. However, they don't bother as much as the Dynamic Fit pieces on the FR3s. Fortunately they can be tucked in and hidden and still serve the same function. With all that said, the LG3 still holds the title of "The Best Looking LG".

All in all, the LG series has significantly improved each year, especially in the areas of comfort and fit. After the LG3, I was really excited to see what Nike had planned for the 4s. Upon first SIGHT of the shoe, I was deeply disappointed. Disappointed enough that I wouldn't even purchase ONE pair. Now, that I've tried them on, I've had a change of heart. Though they grew on me, I still don't see myself owning more than two-three pairs max (including iD). This year's LG seems to be more geared towards performance and comfort, which is a good thing as a runner.

For the LG5, I'd like to SEE the expected yearly improvements in fit, comfort, performance, and, especially, AESTHETICS! I put a lot of weight on how a shoe LOOKS when I decide to purchase.
Excellent review, Ray. I gave these a test spin tonight myself...

10oe53l.jpg

Like you, this model is not as aesthetically pleasing as its predecessors, but these are growing on me.  I felt these fit a little on the narrow side (nothing extravagant like the Free Xilla, but noticeable).  I also felt the cushioning to not be as bouncy as the first three models.  I have run in all but the 4; I liked the 3 the best too.

I'm not fully sold on this model, but that Total Orange colorway is calling my name!  These are my grades of all the models (grading on comfort/performance/looks/colorways):

LG1: A-
LG2: B
LG3: A
LG4: B-

The Midnight Nay/Blue Glow is the best colorway imo. I'm gonna have to get that one soon. More pics of those please!

Originally Posted by thapointguy

The Midnight Nay/Blue Glow is the best colorway imo. I'm gonna have to get that one soon. More pics of those please!
It definitely has the best color blocking. Love the blue liner and midsole combo. I saw them in person at DSG. They looked great, just don't know if I'd actually wear that color combo often enough to justify the purchase

whats the difference between premium and regular? just bought my total oranges...cant wait for them to come in

Back
Top Bottom