Lupe Fiasco is the best in the game..

I kinda agree with haze...but da bol is my favorite emcee right now!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Hes undeniably nice but his style of lyricism...the way he crams a thousand complex concepts and rhyme schemes into every verse...it takes away from his ''listenability'' to me. He need to take a lesson or 2 from Nas, 3 stacks, em and jay. Let the brilliance out in spurts with breaks in the ultra-lyricism in between. If there is such a thing as going too hard lyrically...lupe does it. The lulls in action in a verse can actually make it more enjoyable and ''musical''. Let the music talk to me B...dont lecture me. Thats probably why I enjoy F&L more than The Cool. His flow and subject matter are pretty much flawless but listenin to his s. can feel like a task sometimes.
I must say I respect nearly everything said here and this is comin from a Lupe fan.
The "listenability"... though I can see what you are saying, to me Lupe is one of the very few artists that makes me go "oh %$*%" afterevery listen because something new catches me by surprise each time. I dont go looking for the metaphors and whatnot, I'll just hear it, then hear itagain and be like..well.. "oh %$*%". A hot line is a hot line, yes, but if you keep hearing that particular hot line over again among the filler,it'll get tired over time. Lupe's ability to make a number of hot verses is rare.

As for take a lesson from those mentioned... Nas is Nas, 3000 is 3000, Jay is Jay and Lupe is Lupe. I say he keep doing him. I dont see how Lupe could alterhis music without it being "dumbed down" and that would be taboo for a guy who is known for giving the masses some of the most complex and wellconstructed verses and songs of his time.

Music is all subjective though. I aint lookin to argue or nothin. But I do agree that Lupe is currently on whole 'nother level than the rest of theseguys.

Yea he is the hottest in the game if you don't add obvious great like Nas and Jay.
Ain't no way in hell T.I. and Wayne is better than Lupe, even TIP know that.

Hes undeniably nice but his style of lyricism...the way he crams a thousand complex concepts and rhyme schemes into every verse...it takes away from his ''listenability'' to me. He need to take a lesson or 2 from Nas, 3 stacks, em and jay. Let the brilliance out in spurts with breaks in the ultra-lyricism in between. If there is such a thing as going too hard lyrically...lupe does it. The lulls in action in a verse can actually make it more enjoyable and ''musical''. Let the music talk to me B...dont lecture me. Thats probably why I enjoy F&L more than The Cool. His flow and subject matter are pretty much flawless but listenin to his s. can feel like a task sometimes.
I feel what you're saying, but not all of his songs are super lyrical, word to Pun. Hip Hop Saved My Life and Fighters are probably my 2favorite tracks off The Cool and they along with Go Baby are probably the least lyrically complex songs on there.

I think both of his albums have a pretty good balance, as far as having songs that aren't over crammed. And I'd actually have to disagree and say thaton the whole, the individual songs on F&L are more complex than on The Cool, not only lyrically but as far as subject matter goes. He touches on so manysocial issues on F&L, while The Cool has more of a unified message, although it's a bit more subtle.

Lupe is in my top 10 off of two album and the unreleased material
Great emcee and covers so much subject topics...creative and makes you think

My top ten is diff. Though

Andre 3k
Jayz
Em
Cee lo
Lauryn hill
Nas
Lupe
Common
Face
Rakim

No order except andre is first

Lupe definately has talent

He is a breathe of fresh air for some who actually like real hip hop .. But like Tical said , he does over-saturate a lot of songs by trying to be too over thetop with his lyrical ability .. But I'd much rather that then listen to 14 A Bay Bay types tracks

But nah I don't think he's the best in the game , especially now since he hasn't dropped an album in 12 months .. Wait till the 3 LupEnd CDs comeout before u start crownin him the best ... peace

agree completely. especially the "listenability" part. it does take away from some of his new music cause it takes a while to get what he's sayin(gift and curse) and can make you (me) turn away sometimes.

Right now
i like Budden, Lupe and Joell

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

def my favorite rapper
pimp.gif

but i dont think hes the best
ohwell.gif

I'm torn...Lupe...or Drake...

Underground Appreciation FTW!
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Dude i like Drake too, but please don't compare him with Lupe ever again
That's not even why I'm laughing. claiming a dude with no albums is the best in the game?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I dont agree Lupe is but you can make a point (even though i strongly disagree) but Drake let me re-iterate
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by awwsome

after LupEND, he will be undeniable.

I'm a big lupe fan, but I cringe everytime I hear/see this. Really hope he decides to change the name of the album before it comes out cause its waycorny.

saw him live this year, definitely a great show, idk about the best in the game, but hes up there.

Btw Lupe announced a week or 2 ago at his concert in Chi-town that he's doing a triple album.
eek.gif

He realli will considered 1 of the greats if he can pull off a masterpiece with a triple album
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom