Lupe vs Roland Martin and DL Hughley feud

So he does what EVERY major label rapper does? I could say the same about TIP, Jeezy, Nas, Trey Songz, etc. What's your point?
I'm not tearing Lupe down because he doesn't support Obama, who he votes for is his business (which he choose to make public, but anywho)
Lupe's "I'm better/smarter than y'all" attitude is getting old. Either put some real time and effort behind a movement thats really going to invoke some change in our communities or be quiet. He's no better than the same people he's attacking.
His tweet regarding "...all y'all (people) can do is tell us to vote?" Is ignorant as hell. Nobody is saying just vote and it's going to magically change the world, but what are you REALLY accomplishing from not voting? You're just making yourself even more of a pawn in this system than you already are by relinquishing your right that our ancestors literally died for.
I don't get the point he's trying to make or even what he's attempting to accomplish besides staying relevant like every other artist in the business.
That's all people are saying is to vote turn on every black radio channel,comedian prominent figure and they say y'all need to go out and support Barack no real plans or no real ideas no talk on policy just support Barack

That's all people are saying is to vote turn on every black radio channel,comedian prominent figure and they say y'all need to go out and support Barack no real plans or no real ideas no talk on policy just support Barack

And what is Lupe doing besides typing poorly written tweets and complaining? I don't see ideas or anything intellectual in what he's saying.

I'm not saying these prominent black figures are totally right in their approach, I would love for more ideas and policy to be discussed. However, I'm saying Lupe's NO DIFFERENT, he's just on the other side of the card.

Fact is black people, especially young black people, dont vote at nearly the rate as other races/ethnicities. We have to start with at least getting people to get out and vote before we can even hope to engage them in intellectual discussions on policy and ideas.

"MLK Jr would be ashamed of yall" - says the anti voting negro

The irony is pure

I respect Lupe for calling these dudes we got too many grown *** black folk scare to talk against white supremacy.

Voting doesn't matter if u dont have your financials together as a collective.

Bruh theres more poor white folks than poor black people in this country

AND THEY ALL VOTE.

THEY'RE ALL PASSIONATE ABOUT POLITICS.

WHY IS IT BLACK PEOPLE WITH THE MOST TO LOSE AND THE MOST TO GAIN CARE THE LEAST ABOUT VOTING?

IGNORANCE

Lupe makes great points but so do D.L. Hughley and Roland.

Do research on the candidates for the election, and choose wisely but at the same damn time.... We don't personally know our politicians and candidates. Why would we vote for people we haven't met or personally know. We only get to know these people through the radio and TV screens.

This is why I am undecided. I'm not a liberal or a conservative. Straight neutral.

I respect Lupe for calling these dudes we got too many grown *** black folk scare to talk against white supremacy.

Voting doesn't matter if u dont have your financials together as a collective.
Bruh theres more poor white folks than poor black people in this country

AND THEY ALL VOTE.

THEY'RE ALL PASSIONATE ABOUT POLITICS.

WHY IS IT BLACK PEOPLE WITH THE MOST TO LOSE AND THE MOST TO GAIN CARE THE LEAST ABOUT VOTING?

IGNORANCE
Bingo. 

Even if you think voting is flawed, there are a ton of people who are going through a LOT of hoops to keep you all from voting so the least you could do is invest in the system you have OR push the reforms you want.

Sitting around saying "nah, i don't vote" and not doing anything is just stupid. 

Is Lupe saying he'd never vote EVER? If not, then he needs to get to work on what he WOULD vote on. 

If Lupe isn't suggesting an alternative course of action for not voting then he clearly has a defeatist attitude on the whole matter and isn't being smart about what he's saying at all.

funny all this is being brought up when he has an album dropping next week...

I'm a lupe fan tho

Lupe makes great points but so do D.L. Hughley and Roland.
Do research on the candidates for the election, and choose wisely but at the same damn time.... We don't personally know our politicians and candidates. Why would we vote for people we haven't met or personally know. We only get to know these people through the radio and TV screens.
This is why I am undecided. I'm not a liberal or a conservative. Straight neutral.
Neutral huh? Please tell me more, your views seem so intriguing, and unique.

funny all this is being brought up when he has an album dropping next week...

I'm a lupe fan tho
He does? I'm out of the loop. Took one of those joke videos for me to find out Ye's album dropped and now Lu.

I was a Lupe fan but I'll have to see what he has coming up.

He needs to step up his tweet gramma if he's tryna get into it with ppl in the media tho.

"yall gon get this work"?
sick.gif

I don't vote. The system is boken. We need to be a communist country for a while and have somebody seriously stop spending our tax dollars on stupid stuff like war! We have been playing offense for a long time with our military. We need to fall back and just play defense, save some money, and work on our country. Pay off our debt and invest in ourselves.

If you feel like this is YOUR country, then why does our government keep secrets from us? Why are we at war trying to change a country that has been around longer that we have? A lot of you here believes that 9/11 was a conspiracy, and then turns around and come in a thread like this and state how you will vote for this broken system full of liars. They may do small things for us like giving tax breaks. Thats nothing! They will give you small things so you will shut up and leave so they can continue to scheme. 2011 stimulus was estimated at $666 million of taxpayers money.. ITS MY MONEY! They spend around a trillion dollars a year on FBI, CIA, and the Military..

Right now the military is 20 years ahead of the general public as far as technology. This is fair? You support this?

Lupe didn't say it, but I will... ..DON'T VOTE.. Think it would matter?

I'm on Team Lupe. Not voting, don't care. Obama will still be the Prez.

Neutral huh? Please tell me more, your views seem so intriguing, and unique.

Yeahp, neutral and I feel as though Mitt & Barack can both help our country. I don't dislike neither of them, however I do think it's quite fishy how Mitt held back so long before releasing his 2011 tax returns.

Its cool to have problems with the system of voting...but you have to direct your dissension.

You all realize voting is important in and of itself if we're going to have representatives in society.

Now, is your problem with the system in place? Then work to change the system in place. Whether that be addressing other ways to vote like Mixed Member Proportional or Alternative voting or other political systems that allow you to address problems of gerrymandering.

Is your problem with the candidates in the current system? Then promote the validity of the system and promote the candidate you do want.

The problem here is that Lupe, in my opinion, isn't suggesting what he DOES want.

He's basically a rabid/angsty teenager in this case. 

You don't like the system? Cool. So what your solution? I'm not telling you to be complacent...but you need to compile your disdain for the system WITH what you do want to replace it.

Its too easy to criticize and not be responsible for the change yourself. 

You don't want to vote in the current situation? Cool...but is there a system you DO want to vote in?

Or

Do you just never want to vote. Ever. In any system? 

Lets be honest. Everyone would LOVE to vote and make their voice heard...I assume at least. So in that regard don't say "I don't vote." Just say "I would rather vote in XYZ system etc." or "I would be more comfortable with XYZ changes." 
sounds like da case people made against occupy wall street

I don't vote. The system is boken. We need to be a communist country for a while and have somebody seriously stop spending our tax dollars on stupid stuff like war! We have been playing offense for a long time with our military. We need to fall back and just play defense, save some money, and work on our country. Pay off our debt and invest in ourselves.
If you feel like this is YOUR country, then why does our government keep secrets from us? Why are we at war trying to change a country that has been around longer that we have? A lot of you here believes that 9/11 was a conspiracy, and then turns around and come in a thread like this and state how you will vote for this broken system full of liars. They may do small things for us like giving tax breaks. Thats nothing! They will give you small things so you will shut up and leave so they can continue to scheme. 2011 stimulus was estimated at $666 million of taxpayers money.. ITS MY MONEY! They spend around a trillion dollars a year on FBI, CIA, and the Military..
Right now the military is 20 years ahead of the general public as far as technology. This is fair? You support this?
Lupe didn't say it, but I will... ..DON'T VOTE.. Think it would matter?

Last edited:
The U.S. Political system (like many others) is based on the illusion of choice. 300,000,000 people standing in line over 2 "choices"? Placed into electronic machines? I really wonder why people get on there high horse over voting when that's ALL they do, and usually at the general presidential election. All those extra issues that need to be voted on throughout each political cycle and affect people directly don't get even a first thought. But when the media--driven Olympics of politics goes down, everybody's on their "I stood in line and made a difference" tip. But when it comes out that Gore actually won Florida, nothing is said. How much does your vote really count? And where did all those tears for Obama go? Cats were literally ready to go to blows when I said I didn't vote. I ask them if they're voting this time and I get "I might." All the while, none of these "voting advocates" that I know are actually involved in the day to day politics of their respective community. "I voted," as it's used here, is simply a "me too" term that gives it's users a sense of some accomplishment. IMO, voting is literally the least you can do. When's the last time you actually effected a change that made your local community better? If you have something to share, please inspire us. If not, just shut up. *shrug*

At this point, he's just trying to keep his dying rap career alive with these empty arguments.
Lupe's statements hold no weight. He has no credibility when it comes to these issues.

He's a Buffon.

For those that are passing on your right to vote, please no that you have no right to complain on the long term rusults of the election.

Last edited:
I DONT VOTE.... not because I think the process in itself is useless, its because the candidates are all cut from the same cloth.. Ivy league schools, same bloodlines , surrounds themselves with the same individuals every 4 years..
- HENRY KISSINGER
-DAVID ROCKERFELLER
- **** CHENEY , have all had their part in WASHINGTON POLITICS FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS...

each candidate is bought out during the run and will have to obliged to the LOBBYISTS proposals that help the big corporations at the end of the day...

Im a first generation American, the first MALE in my lineage to be born in this land almost 30 years ago.... I was thought to believe in American politics and ways of tradition but I cant blindly follow something that is so mind numbing that it hurts me to watch my fellow human beings get caught up in the mental divide we have allowed to take place...

VOTING MAY SEEM LIKE IT GIVES YOU A CHOICE BUT IN REALITY YOU HAVE NO CHOICE ONLY AN OPINION....

THE LAST TIME A PRESIDENT ACTUALLY ATTEMPTED TO GO UP AGAINST THE STATUS QUO, HE GOT SHOT IN THE HEAD IN FRONT THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD....

Back
Top Bottom