Macbook

yea rumor has it that bestbuy will be getting the new macbooks this thursday...i thought it was dropping in march

as a new mac user, i love my imac...wish i had a MBA to compliment it though

That's crazy to hear that the longest you have had a laptop last was 2 years. I'm a computer noob even though I use em just about everyday and likewise have been told that the average lifespan of a laptop is 2-3 years.

When I was told that about last year, my mind was blown b/c I've had my HP laptop since 2006 and it still runs normally albeit very slow with out-of-date programs/processors/os compared to the latest ones.

My boss at work just got a MBP and had pretty much sold me on it since I was thinking it was time for me to get a new laptop. But then after I told some friends of mine who are tech geeks, they swayed me to stick with PC and I ended up getting a vaio just today after hearing them out. The specs on it are excellent and for the pricing compared to the mac's.

You guys will
roll.gif
roll.gif
when you read this part but as of today I just now have started using Chrome as my browser and am now in process of learning Windows 7.

That's crazy to hear that the longest you have had a laptop last was 2 years. I'm a computer noob even though I use em just about everyday and likewise have been told that the average lifespan of a laptop is 2-3 years.

When I was told that about last year, my mind was blown b/c I've had my HP laptop since 2006 and it still runs normally albeit very slow with out-of-date programs/processors/os compared to the latest ones.

My boss at work just got a MBP and had pretty much sold me on it since I was thinking it was time for me to get a new laptop. But then after I told some friends of mine who are tech geeks, they swayed me to stick with PC and I ended up getting a vaio just today after hearing them out. The specs on it are excellent and for the pricing compared to the mac's.

You guys will
roll.gif
roll.gif
when you read this part but as of today I just now have started using Chrome as my browser and am now in process of learning Windows 7.

Does Windows 7 run any slower on a Mac?  Also, does the touch-pad work the same on Windows 7 as on OS X (ie: 2 fingers to scroll, 3 to view different windows)?  Seriously considering a Mac Book, but I prefer Windows over OS x, so the deal breaker would be how it works with Windows 7 installed.

Does Windows 7 run any slower on a Mac?  Also, does the touch-pad work the same on Windows 7 as on OS X (ie: 2 fingers to scroll, 3 to view different windows)?  Seriously considering a Mac Book, but I prefer Windows over OS x, so the deal breaker would be how it works with Windows 7 installed.

I am thoroughly pleased with my MacBook Pro that I got last August. It has not failed me once, and I definitely feel that it is worth the money.
I wouldn't want any other laptop. And I have grown to really like OS X, seeing as I have used Windows my whole life, I am not disappointed at all.

I am thoroughly pleased with my MacBook Pro that I got last August. It has not failed me once, and I definitely feel that it is worth the money.
I wouldn't want any other laptop. And I have grown to really like OS X, seeing as I have used Windows my whole life, I am not disappointed at all.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

I have a macbook pro 13 from 2008, so its been 4 years. This laptop is still thugging it out. Win7 runs well with 4gb of ram that pretty much standard. 2 finger scroll works very well, the no 3 finger scroll cause apple owns the patent to view the multiple pages at one time and win7 has the snap to side feature works well, i even have a program called hyperdock that brings some of the win7 tweaks to osx like snap and quick view.

A macbook is an investment, you won't be disappointed at all in terms of not having major software and hardware problems (given if you treat your comp nice). The people who say its overpriced are the ones who try to compare a lower end $500 laptop to a $1200 macbook pro. Either you want a bargain basement laptop or your willing to spend the premium to buy a nice laptop over $800.

I love it when i bring my macbook out in class and you got a big heavy dude across the room typing on a small Acer netbook
laugh.gif
you know they be eyeing you with that salty look like damm #poor.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

I have a macbook pro 13 from 2008, so its been 4 years. This laptop is still thugging it out. Win7 runs well with 4gb of ram that pretty much standard. 2 finger scroll works very well, the no 3 finger scroll cause apple owns the patent to view the multiple pages at one time and win7 has the snap to side feature works well, i even have a program called hyperdock that brings some of the win7 tweaks to osx like snap and quick view.

A macbook is an investment, you won't be disappointed at all in terms of not having major software and hardware problems (given if you treat your comp nice). The people who say its overpriced are the ones who try to compare a lower end $500 laptop to a $1200 macbook pro. Either you want a bargain basement laptop or your willing to spend the premium to buy a nice laptop over $800.

I love it when i bring my macbook out in class and you got a big heavy dude across the room typing on a small Acer netbook
laugh.gif
you know they be eyeing you with that salty look like damm #poor.

I made the jump from PC to my Macbook in 2008 and its still goin strong.
I had run through a few PCs before that and they never lasted more than two years.
Im a graphic designer, so Ive put it through a lot and its never failed me.

On a sidenote, wait for the next update to cop, cause youll be pissed if you buy one now and they come out with new joints later in the year like me
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I made the jump from PC to my Macbook in 2008 and its still goin strong.
I had run through a few PCs before that and they never lasted more than two years.
Im a graphic designer, so Ive put it through a lot and its never failed me.

On a sidenote, wait for the next update to cop, cause youll be pissed if you buy one now and they come out with new joints later in the year like me
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

If you have the cash get the new macbooks that should be dropping soon, get windows 7 & run bootcamp & dual boot so you get the best of both worlds

when do the new macbooks come out??  
whts going to be so new about the new mac books?

If you have the cash get the new macbooks that should be dropping soon, get windows 7 & run bootcamp & dual boot so you get the best of both worlds

when do the new macbooks come out??  
whts going to be so new about the new mac books?

i tried to install windows on my blackbook a few years ago and it would never install.  i was using the bootcamp assistant that came pre-installed.  maybe i'll try it again.

i tried to install windows on my blackbook a few years ago and it would never install.  i was using the bootcamp assistant that came pre-installed.  maybe i'll try it again.

Originally Posted by sunny559

Get it.
I still got my 2005 mb & its running strong.

October 06. Still running. I recommend them to everyone. A lot of great features already covered.

Originally Posted by sunny559

Get it.
I still got my 2005 mb & its running strong.

October 06. Still running. I recommend them to everyone. A lot of great features already covered.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1500 that I purchased about a year and half ago it's not a bad computer at all, but once I used my friend's MBP I was completely sold on it. Since there is going to be a new release of the MBP I might as well wait for it. Anyone have an idea about what the MSRP is going to be?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1500 that I purchased about a year and half ago it's not a bad computer at all, but once I used my friend's MBP I was completely sold on it. Since there is going to be a new release of the MBP I might as well wait for it. Anyone have an idea about what the MSRP is going to be?

Back
Top Bottom