Macbook

Trying it out in person is the best way to get a feel for why the Macbook is a superior product to most PC's. The build quality and clean design are apparent just by looking at it, IMO I only find ASUS ultraportables to be comparable in the PC world. Using the touchpad is a joy because it's quite smooth and has the 2, 3 finger functionality. The screen is sharp and clear.

The only issue with me is whether these things are worth the huge price differential. After trying some Macbooks and IMac's out today, I have to say that I'm strongly leaning toward the "worth it" side because of the superb build quality and relatively available customer service with all the Apple stores at most major malls. Now I'm debating whether to get a IMac and a PC ultraportable, or a Macbook and a desktop PC. That 27" IMac screen is a thing of beauty... Who needs a TV with that beast and a projector? Not me.

Trying it out in person is the best way to get a feel for why the Macbook is a superior product to most PC's. The build quality and clean design are apparent just by looking at it, IMO I only find ASUS ultraportables to be comparable in the PC world. Using the touchpad is a joy because it's quite smooth and has the 2, 3 finger functionality. The screen is sharp and clear.

The only issue with me is whether these things are worth the huge price differential. After trying some Macbooks and IMac's out today, I have to say that I'm strongly leaning toward the "worth it" side because of the superb build quality and relatively available customer service with all the Apple stores at most major malls. Now I'm debating whether to get a IMac and a PC ultraportable, or a Macbook and a desktop PC. That 27" IMac screen is a thing of beauty... Who needs a TV with that beast and a projector? Not me.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

If you have the cash get the new macbooks that should be dropping soon, get windows 7 & run bootcamp & dual boot so you get the best of both worlds

when do the new macbooks come out??  
whts going to be so new about the new mac books?

supposedly they are refreshing the macbook pro line & debuting it this week & they should be available for purchase next month.
Besides the usual hardware upgrades they might have some new "Light Peak technology, a 10 Gbps optical interface for peripherals developed by Apple and Intel that’s expected to replace Firewire." Link

Originally Posted by Mercutio

Now I'm debating whether to get a IMac and a PC ultraportable, or a Macbook and a desktop PC. That 27" IMac screen is a thing of beauty... Who needs a TV with that beast and a projector? Not me.

I'd get the Macbook & a desktop pc.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by Al Audi

If you have the cash get the new macbooks that should be dropping soon, get windows 7 & run bootcamp & dual boot so you get the best of both worlds

when do the new macbooks come out??  
whts going to be so new about the new mac books?

supposedly they are refreshing the macbook pro line & debuting it this week & they should be available for purchase next month.
Besides the usual hardware upgrades they might have some new "Light Peak technology, a 10 Gbps optical interface for peripherals developed by Apple and Intel that’s expected to replace Firewire." Link

Originally Posted by Mercutio

Now I'm debating whether to get a IMac and a PC ultraportable, or a Macbook and a desktop PC. That 27" IMac screen is a thing of beauty... Who needs a TV with that beast and a projector? Not me.

I'd get the Macbook & a desktop pc.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Does Windows 7 run any slower on a Mac?  Also, does the touch-pad work the same on Windows 7 as on OS X (ie: 2 fingers to scroll, 3 to view different windows)?  Seriously considering a Mac Book, but I prefer Windows over OS x, so the deal breaker would be how it works with Windows 7 installed.

I have a macbook pro 13 from 2008, so its been 4 years. This laptop is still thugging it out. Win7 runs well with 4gb of ram that pretty much standard. 2 finger scroll works very well, the no 3 finger scroll cause apple owns the patent to view the multiple pages at one time and win7 has the snap to side feature works well, i even have a program called hyperdock that brings some of the win7 tweaks to osx like snap and quick view.

A macbook is an investment, you won't be disappointed at all in terms of not having major software and hardware problems (given if you treat your comp nice). The people who say its overpriced are the ones who try to compare a lower end $500 laptop to a $1200 macbook pro. Either you want a bargain basement laptop or your willing to spend the premium to buy a nice laptop over $800.

I love it when i bring my macbook out in class and you got a big heavy dude across the room typing on a small Acer netbook
laugh.gif
you know they be eyeing you with that salty look like damm #poor.

Yeah, I noticed hella people bring their Macbooks to class, but I wouldn't even do that if I had one though cuz I forget things easily.  Left my ipod in class a few times already.

Still unsure about the MBP though, I feel like it'll be handicapped if I load Windows 7 on it and OS x isn't for me really
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Does Windows 7 run any slower on a Mac?  Also, does the touch-pad work the same on Windows 7 as on OS X (ie: 2 fingers to scroll, 3 to view different windows)?  Seriously considering a Mac Book, but I prefer Windows over OS x, so the deal breaker would be how it works with Windows 7 installed.

I have a macbook pro 13 from 2008, so its been 4 years. This laptop is still thugging it out. Win7 runs well with 4gb of ram that pretty much standard. 2 finger scroll works very well, the no 3 finger scroll cause apple owns the patent to view the multiple pages at one time and win7 has the snap to side feature works well, i even have a program called hyperdock that brings some of the win7 tweaks to osx like snap and quick view.

A macbook is an investment, you won't be disappointed at all in terms of not having major software and hardware problems (given if you treat your comp nice). The people who say its overpriced are the ones who try to compare a lower end $500 laptop to a $1200 macbook pro. Either you want a bargain basement laptop or your willing to spend the premium to buy a nice laptop over $800.

I love it when i bring my macbook out in class and you got a big heavy dude across the room typing on a small Acer netbook
laugh.gif
you know they be eyeing you with that salty look like damm #poor.

Yeah, I noticed hella people bring their Macbooks to class, but I wouldn't even do that if I had one though cuz I forget things easily.  Left my ipod in class a few times already.

Still unsure about the MBP though, I feel like it'll be handicapped if I load Windows 7 on it and OS x isn't for me really
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ the idea of someone forgetting their macbook in class
You could always go to a apple store & try out a mac/OSx

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

I like my Mac in its own way, but I much prefer my PC. I feel like I can just do so much more with my PC than my Mac.

I like my Mac in its own way, but I much prefer my PC. I feel like I can just do so much more with my PC than my Mac.

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

How do you forget a MB in class tho?
roll.gif
roll.gif

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

How do you forget a MB in class tho?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah I would like to get either a macbook pro or a white 13' inch macbook. Ive had my vaio fw for over a year now. It has elevated keys just like a mac I love it. But i would also like to get a mac since there "industry standard" in the field I want to go in.

Found this pic while searching for the new macbook.
macbook_pro_2011_concept_ogrady.jpg
 eh.

business majors should get a PC. i got a mac and have to go to the damn library to use access cause Macs dont have it

business majors should get a PC. i got a mac and have to go to the damn library to use access cause Macs dont have it

Yeah I would like to get either a macbook pro or a white 13' inch macbook. Ive had my vaio fw for over a year now. It has elevated keys just like a mac I love it. But i would also like to get a mac since there "industry standard" in the field I want to go in.

Found this pic while searching for the new macbook.
macbook_pro_2011_concept_ogrady.jpg
 eh.

i love my mac, had it for almost 3 years. not once has it froze or had any problems. runs exactly the same as it did the day i bought it and still fast as it was that day (yes serious)

if you got the money, get a mac seriously. you will not regret it

i love my mac, had it for almost 3 years. not once has it froze or had any problems. runs exactly the same as it did the day i bought it and still fast as it was that day (yes serious)

if you got the money, get a mac seriously. you will not regret it

Back
Top Bottom