Mad Men Season 7 Discussion Thread - Final Episodes - SERIES FINALE

^ Yeah she told him, and dude looked crushed.

That was one of the many reasons that I hated Pete for in the beginning and plus him snitching on Don to Bert Cooper I was heated. Pete has aged kinda bad I remember in season 1 he looked like a teenager now he looks like a guy in his mid 30s hairline and all.

Last edited:
I still hate pete. Snake dude.. he the only one who melted down.

Is that billy bob thorton tho.

Love the season so far... had to binge the last 3 episodes and I'm playing catchup on the discussions here and on the AV Club

Petes fine, I like how his character has developed in 7 seasons.

No, that's not Billy Bob.

Fml I'm just being lazy at this point. Haven't seen a single episode of season 7.5 yet :smh:

Finna just wait for the entire season to finish to watch them all in a marathon :\

Very depressing episode.

- Joan gives no dambs. She really could've ended up with nothing if Roger didn't convince her.

- Don simping again

My dude Don heading my way to the twin cities 
pimp.gif

Funny the contrast between who's fitting in and who isn't. Pete living life while everybody else hating it 

Don trying one last chance at Betty though 
nerd.gif

Kids growing up, no woman, Don is still unhappy after all the money and women.

Joan got her money, good for her......Peggy coming in with swag on 100 
laugh.gif

How many episodes left? 3?

Man, really sucks for Joan and how they treated her from the jump.

Peggy was the only one on the come up.. she came into McCann like she owned the joint and I'm sure she's gonna flourish.

Don, man.. dude isn't going to be able to function the way he's used to at this whole new place seeing as how they do everything different. He needs to stop.. like dude said "You can't save her." Dude been trying to save Diana since episode 1, let it go bruh.

Seeing their old office tore down and empty, it really hit me.. two episodes left. What a ride it's been, such a great series.

Hamm doesn't win his Emmy this year, I'ma be tight. :smh:

I'm so pissed that I missed last night. Need to catch up!! So assuming Peggy left based on the GIF ^?

Peggy. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Her and Roger in the old office was a fantastic scene.

Don ain't never gonna stop tryna save these ****, it's in his DNA.

I don't think he's ever going back honestly.

Joan. :smh: :smh:

After all she been through to get to her position, she don't deserve to be treated like this man.

Dude was an ultra creep. :x

A beautiful woman can't get sexually harassed at work? He basically made it seem like she HAD to give up the ().

She already had to sleep with 1 disgusting dude, glad she stopped that **** before it started, take your money and go with your new man.

Really good ep. Just the overall change of things and feel.

Peg and then later with Roger. The way she was holding out.

Don looking at that window, then daydreaming during the briefing. Then just dipping :lol: Shame he still simping for this bad mother. Type of dude that'd marry Draya.

Joan :smh: That was a quick outing. She was getting patronized all over. The way this dude (good actor seen him in other stuff being a douche like the O.C I think) just assuming sex would be apart of the package just left you feeling bad. At least she stood up for herself to the boss though.

This episode really felt like the end of an era. My thoughts are below.

Joan- Watching Joan stand up for herself made me happy to see her character mature. Back in the early years of the show, Joan was the eye candy and the fun one. She was just there because she is beautiful and she oozed promiscuity (even though she was fairly modest with her relationships with men) . Part of me really believes that Joan really regretted her decision to sleep with that client to become a partner. Often times in life we have those moments that truly define who we are as people. We typically only get one chance to make things right and Joan took hold of the opportunity. The last two seasons have led up to her defiant stand. She has endured constant references to her perceived lack of qualifications and her "sleeping" her way to the top by those that don't understand her sacrifice. Joan was presented with the same opportunity to sacrifice her dignity to get ahead and she chose to do the right thing.

Don- Don is a clown in every sense of the word. He bought into the hype the McCann team told him about how special he is and how he was the "golden goose". I don't think that Don isn't talented but when he went into the meeting thinking it was just going to be him in the Milwaukee Beer guys and he had to face the reality that he isn't the MJ of McCann he couldn't handle it and walked out like the clown he is.

Yo that dis-respect towards joan the whole episode was hurtful
Like I'm sitting here watching, legit hurt for her.
@Aepps as far as the guy she had to sleep with to become a partner. They wanted her to do that literally for the company....
She negotiated those terms of becomming a partner.

but 250g's is better than 0. and she doesn't have to work 5 years to get it.. she may not ever get that type of job/opportunity again but her dude is also loaded.

Don on the other hand. I think he just found out he not that golden goose aepps just said..
dude was in there pitching just like vintage Don.

Peggy gained more of my respect this ep.

That picture he gave her was classic.

Man I'ma miss my man Roger most of all. dude is just classic.

I wonder how Peggy's situation will sort out in the new firm. She came in like a bawse but judging by how they've been treating other women/her whole office fiasco, it'll be interesting.

I think if Don doesn't come back that everyone else gets fired. When the McCann guys were arguing with Joan and she mentioned that Peggy was a senior account executive at SC&P, they hinted that Peggy wouldn't have the same role.

Peggy should be good. There were a couple of copywriter women there that were trying to take Joans accounts.

Back
Top Bottom