Magic, Jordan, Kobe and Lebron Vol. First RING numbers.

List of player who have done the MVP, Finals MVP in the same season

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Larry Bird x2
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan x 4
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan
Lebron James

Kobe Bryant not in that company, and probably never will be.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Got damn, some of you Kobe fans are hard headed.
laugh.gif
All people are saying is that Shaq was THE MAN back when LA won that first chip.
Kobe is that dude, but no doubt Shaq was THE MAN of that 3-peat!

Originally Posted by quik1987

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Larry Bird x2
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan x 4
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan
Lebron James

That's fact based argument you can actually run with. I do see multiple players on that special list who all have other rings from.series where they were not Finals MVP...those rings still count, right? Its great that Magic & Bird were GIVEN rings by James Worthy & Cedric Maxwell even though they dont count as legit rings.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Larry Bird x2
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan x 4
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan
Lebron James

What a useless list

Kobe is in a special company. A 5 rings or more company

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Got damn, some of you Kobe fans are hard headed.
laugh.gif
All people are saying is that Shaq was THE MAN back when LA won that first chip. I can't believe anyone would argue otherwise. You take Shaq away from that team, LA probably goes nowhere. You take Kobe away from that team, LA most likely still wins the chip. Or at the very least, they would have a MUCH better shot to win it with only Shaq than with only Kobe. Yes, Kobe put in work. Can't deny that. But the Diesel is the one who made that train go. Also can't deny how Deuce King is putting in work too.
laugh.gif

God damn some of you Kobe hater have no head. Kobe earned them rings. Not given.

laugh.gif
It has been proven Kobe can win with a less dominant big. It has never been proven that Shaq can win without a dominant perimeter player

00-03 Shaq Diesel= Superman. 00-03 Kobe= Spider man

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Larry Bird x2
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan x 4
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan
Lebron James

What a useless list

So the MVP + Finals MVP list is "useless"
But the 5 rings or more company is "special"

I guess Kobe would rather be on a list with players like Robert Horry and Derek Fisher than all those hall of famers up there. 

Stop arguing and take the L. Obviously you'd climb any mountain top to defend Kobe but your arguments are just ridiculous.

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Larry Bird x2

Magic Johnson

Michael Jordan x 4

Hakeem Olajuwon

Shaquille O'Neal

Tim Duncan

Lebron James

What a useless list

I guess Kobe would rather be on a list with players like Robert Horry and Derek Fisher than all those hall of famers up there. 

Stop arguing and take the L. Obviously you'd climb any mountain top to defend Kobe but your arguments are just ridiculous.

Don't forget Steve Kerr

^ Kobe was the same as Horry, Fisher, and Kerr during his " First Ring" . They were all role players.  This thread isnt about Kobes legacy, career accomplishments, total rings,etc...  

^ Kobe was the same as Horry, Fisher, and Kerr during his " First Ring" . They were all role players.  This thread isnt about Kobes legacy, career accomplishments, total rings,etc...  
indifferent.gif

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Larry Bird x2
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan x 4
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan
Lebron James

What a useless list

As far as legacy yall know damn well Kobe is in the same company as those dudes. Wilt and Jerry West didn't win both MVP's in the same year either so quik you really not saying nothing. I give you your props though you been on a mission. This thread is funny as hell.
laugh.gif

^ Kobe was the same as Horry, Fisher, and Kerr during his " First Ring" . They
were all role players.  This thread isnt about Kobes legacy, career
accomplishments, total
rings,etc...          

Im with yall on Shaq being the man but son stop it. No role player does what Kobe did in 00.   

Originally Posted by 00david00

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Larry Bird x2
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan x 4
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan
Lebron James

What a useless list

No it's a group of special player with 5 or more rings. Everybody know what Robert Horry and Derek Fisher does
indifferent.gif

Keep the L to yourself

roll.gif
You can't be this stupid . They're all same role player ?
roll.gif

This dude itsabaythang said Kobe was the same role player as Fisher and Horry in his first ring lmao.

Dead

^ Read your sentences as you type them, I cant really understand what your trying to say.  
I see feelings get hurt when dudes bring up Kobe.  Girlfriends gotta stick up for their man though.

Look at you trying to get away from the humiliation. What the hell is your ? You mean You're ?

I quoted and you said Kobe was the same role player as Horry and Fisher

LOL . 

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Larry Bird x2
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan x 4
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan
Lebron James

What a useless list

I can't believe you are downplaying this group of players to make Kobe look better. This is like the elite of the elite

Your list is a list of role players that supported my list
roll.gif
roll.gif

Robert Horry 2 rings given by Dream, 3 rings given by MJ, 2 rings given by TD
Scottie Pippen 6 rings given by MJ
Dennis Rodman 3 rings given by MJ
Ron Harper 3 rings given by MJ, 2 rings given by Shaq
Steve Kerr 3 rings given by MJ, 2 rings given by TD
Kobe Bryant 3 rings given by Shaq

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I hate Kobe just as much as some of you guys but man some of y'all in denial. Top 5 of all time, no. Top 10 of all time, yes. Top 5 Laker, YES.

If Lebron can get 2 more, then I'd put him in top 10 with Kobe. And number of rings are overrated. I don't care how many rings Bill Russel got, MJ is the goat.

Why does everything have to be so black and white?

Just because Shaq was the man and the #1 option doesnt automatically put in the role player option....thats just going too far with it.

Kobe and Shaq were similar to KD and Russy or Bron and Wade because the #2 option was much more than a role player...but in fact a top player in the entire league.

Imagine if OKC won the chip, would people say the sam about Westbrook ? That he was ''given'' a ring by KD, how bout Wade was he ''given'' a ring by Bron too ?

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Larry Bird x2

Magic Johnson

Michael Jordan x 4

Hakeem Olajuwon

Shaquille O'Neal

Tim Duncan

Lebron James

What a useless list

I can't believe you are downplaying this group of players to make Kobe look better. This is like the elite of the elite
It's a useless list because it has nothing to do with the debate of Kobe earning his rings

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Why does everything have to be so black and white?

Just because Shaq was the man and the #1 option doesnt automatically put in the role player option....thats just going too far with it.

Kobe and Shaq were similar to KD and Russy or Bron and Wade because the #2 option was much more than a role player...but in fact a top player in the entire league.

Imagine if OKC won the chip, would people say the sam about Westbrook ? That he was ''given'' a ring by KD, how bout Wade was he ''given'' a ring by Bron too ?

Yes Wade was absolutely given a ring by Lebron. He said it from his own mouth. He said this is Lebron's team now bruh.

Did you not watch the finals this year? D Wade was $*#@%*@ up.

Originally Posted by phillyOstarr

I hate Kobe just as much as some of you guys but man some of y'all in denial. Top 5 of all time, no. Top 10 of all time, yes. Top 5 Laker, YES.

If Lebron can get 2 more, then I'd put him in top 10 with Kobe. And number of rings are overrated. I don't care how many rings Bill Russel got, MJ is the goat.
QFT.
Although I think you're cutting him short a bit, he is Top 5 to me and is the best Laker of all time. When you combine the fact that he is a SUPREME, EXTRAORDINARY talent that could and did it all on the floor prolifically, and WON…a lot (Although I don't put that much emphasis on winning in an individual disscussion seeing as it's a "Team" accomplishment) I don't see how you can keep him out of that top 5 of all time discussion.

I would put Lebron in that top 5 discussion if he were to get to more rings for the same reason you pointed out: Rings are definitely overrated. So in that case, if he were to win two more titles and get to 3 overall, him being top 5 would be indisputable to me. Prolific scorer, gifted passer, excellent defender, and a supreme winner with all the decorative accolades to go with him. Really don't see how you could keep him out of the top 5 discussion by that point.

Look at you trying to get away from the humiliation. What the hell is your ? You mean You're ?

LOL . 

Wait a minute.  My fault.  Horry has 7 rings.
So by your logic Horry > Fisher = Kobe

If you want to correct grammar and punctuation, you should know that there is no need for a space before questions marks.   

LOL . 

Wait a minute.  My fault.  Horry has 7 rings.
So by your logic Horry > Fisher = Kobe

If you want to correct grammar and punctuation, you should know that there is no need for a space before questions marks.   
That's not my logic . I didn't even make a logic. You just made that up to save your humiliation lol. You the loser who said Kobe was the same role player as Fisher and Horry.

I said everyone know the role of Fisher and Horry during the 3 peat. They're not Kobe. If you're going to correct me at least learn to spell You're correctly
laugh.gif

You lose . Take the L. Btw your sig is so corny.

Next

Back
Top Bottom