Make-A-Wish transforms SF into Gotham City for kid with Leukemia (official video post #123)

S.F. to be transformed into Gotham City for 5-year-old’s Make-A-Wish
Posted on November 1, 2013 | By [email protected] (Sara Gobets)

View media item 641710
Five-year-old Miles is a “sunny, positive little boy” who is fighting a battle against leukemia. Thanks to the Make-A-Wish foundation, he will get the chance to fulfill his dream of being … wait for it … Batman! On November 15, Make-A-Wish foundation will transform San Francisco into Gotham city for a day, with thousands of volunteers already signed up to play along.

Along with a grownup Batman sidekick, Miles will get a call from the police chief and jump into his very own Batmobile to defend the city against some of his fiercest foes – including the Riddler and Penguin.

Make-A-Wish Bay Area describes the plot line of the day:

After rescuing a damsel in distress from the cable car tracks in Nob Hill, and capturing the Riddler in the act of robbing a downtown vault, Batman will eat his lunch at the Burger Bar in San Francisco – directly above Union Square. While at Burger Bar, he will get a call on his batphone to go to the window – where he will look down and see a huge group of volunteers jumping up and down asking for Batman’s help. Why?

Because the Penguin will be kidnapping a famous Gotham City mascot! The getaway car will be visible on Union Square (a convertible so that everyone can see what is happening), and the chase will be on!

After catching the Penguin, Batman will make his final stop at City Hall, where the Mayor and the Police Chief of Gotham City will thank him and give him the key to the city. We plan on having hundreds of volunteers and donors collected to cheer and thank our Batman!

The Make-A-Foundation will provide more details and updates on the event soon. Check their page as Miles’ big day draws nearer for ways you can help: Miles’ Wish

Sorry if already posted.....but this is freakin awesome!

Last edited:
I love seeing things like this unfortunately poor kids sick but this is cool as hell man.

I don't eem like comic books/super heros...

but this is cool

really cool of the volunteers

how do they decide which kid gets their wish granted? just curious.

Too awesome :pimp: Always nice to see there's still good hearted people out there

Awesome
pimp.gif

anyone who talks about "people these days smh" or says "I don't want to live in this world anymore" should bookmark this.

More details have come out.  So in the original article, it states that the Penguin will kidnap a "famous Gotham City mascot."  Well, it appears now it will be a San Francisco mascot:

Miles will then refuel at Burger Bar directly above Union Square, but mid-lunch, he’ll get a call from the police chief directing him to look out the window. He’ll see a group of volunteers crying out for his help to save San Francisco Giants mascot, Lou Seal, who’s been kidnapped by Mr. Penguin in a convertible getaway car.

In a wild chase, Miles will free Lou Seal at AT&T Park and head to City Hall, where Mayor Ed Lee will thank him for his heroism and hand him the key to the city. Hundreds of adoring San Franciscans will be there to cheer -- and most likely hold back tears.
This is going to be really awesome.  I hope my schedule will allow me to watch some of this.

This is one of the coolest things I have ever heard...Stories like this restore my faith in humanity...such a cool thing to do for this kid and a great idea overall...

I almost want to take my wife and baby daughter to the Burger Bar in SF or to Union Square and try to get a glimpe of the kid all decked out as Batman...:pimp:

Last edited:
Imagine if more money went to stuff like this instead of DOD BS
or how about helping inner city youth :rolleyes
instead they always tryna cut spending on those types of programs
props though for the make a wish doing it
BUT i see so many other things that could be benefited from the money

All that bro. Just wished to see more stuff like this and put myself In a position to contribute.

All that bro. Just wished to see more stuff like this and put myself In a position to contribute.
|I
so do i
wish i was rich
i would share the wealth and help people
try to accomplish the same as me

Believe it or not, SF has a pretty good schooling program as well as things to offer for kids and what not. Actually aside from maybe a few high schools, most kids out here all go to 4 year colleges.

And Make A Wish is a proper organization. They get tons of donations and I think spending it on dying kids is something most can agree on.

Believe it or not, SF has a pretty good schooling program as well as things to offer for kids and what not. Actually aside from maybe a few high schools, most kids out here all go to 4 year colleges.

And Make A Wish is a proper organization. They get tons of donations and I think spending it on dying kids is something most can agree on.
i wasnt just speaking on sf just as the entire country as a whole
and i think we both have valid points

Back
Top Bottom