Making Easy Money on the Internet vol. Amazon mTurk

I know most people are looking for ways to get some extra money. I'm on NT a lot and other sites mostly just wasting time. I came across Amazon mTurk a few weeks back while I was browsing Reddit. Basically you get paid for doing surveys or other tasks. The tasks can be boring or repetitive sometimes, but the money quickly adds up.

Honestly, the money probably can't replace a part-time job, it's nothing more than beer, gas, and spending money. But, if you often have time to kill, there can be some money made for filling out surveys and completing other tasks computers can't do. I just started on Monday and have about $30. I would say I've put about 3 or 4 man hours in.

Almost to my goal of buying 2K13 :lol:

meh a week to get $30?

if you want money just use eBates and get cash back on everything you order. especially with holidays coming up and black friday people can save a crap load of money. last 3 months ive saved $400++ and getting that all back in my paypal in November. I gonna make a thread when it happens.

meh a week to get $30?
if you want money just use eBates and get cash back on everything you order. especially with holidays coming up and black friday people can save a crap load of money. last 3 months ive saved $400++ and getting that all back in my paypal in November. I gonna make a thread when it happens.

It can be a lot more than $30 week, I just started so I've yet to tap into the higher end that people make weekly. For me this is just a way to get extra money. The eBates thing sounds cool, but I don't even order stuff online that much. Definitely make a thread about it though, it'll help people who spend a lot of money online.

Do you actually get paid or do you get amazon credit??

Your choice. I'll probably just use the credit since I'm trying to cop 2K

might as well save that money since 2k13 will be discounted for black friday, would suck to pay retail and not even a month later its half the price :lol:

i wonder if i can do this from my computer at work

at times im just sitting here for up to an hour or two doing nothing but browsing NT

why not make some money. even if it is just a few bucks :rolleyes

ill give it a shot

I remember years back when NTers actually posted half way decent hustles. No offense, something better than nothing.

might as well save that money since 2k13 will be discounted for black friday, would suck to pay retail and not even a month later its half the price :lol:

i looked into it, unless im not understanding. says for 30 minutes of work you get 0.12 cents? :nerd:

Yeah, I'm waiting until it drops. I aint paying retail! :lol:

Some HITs will say 30 minutes of work, when actually it'll be 1 or 2 minutes. Most of the time I try to do stuff that pays 0.25 or more based on the time it takes. I usually check reddit or the mturkforum for some good leads. I haven't spent more than 20 minutes or so on a task. Any longer than that I'll just return the task.

i wonder if i can do this from my computer at work
at times im just sitting here for up to an hour or two doing nothing but browsing NT
why not make some money. even if it is just a few bucks :rolleyes
ill give it a shot

From what I've read a lot of people do it a work.

thanks man. It's better than just browsing NT and reddit for like 5 hours at a time..
:tongue:

That's how I look at it, **** make a few bucks when I'm otherwise doing nothing.

Here are some helpful tools if you decide to start turking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/HITsWorthTurkingFor/
http://www.reddit.com/r/mturk

More details on how to start?
I sometimes have plenty of free time.

First you have to have an Amazon account and apply. You should get an approval in a couple days. You'll input you address, name, SSN, etc. Check out those links in my other post for some leads to easy and good paying HITs. I usually don't accept a HIT unless I see it on Reddit or the mTurk forum, because there is a possibility your work can be rejected.

mTurk FAQ

More details on how to start?
I sometimes have plenty of free time.

First you have to have an Amazon account and apply. You should get an approval in a couple days. You'll input you address, name, SSN, etc. Check out those links in my other post for some leads to easy and good paying HITs. I usually don't accept a HIT unless I see it on Reddit or the mTurk forum, because there is a possibility your work can be rejected.

mTurk FAQ

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I guess if you got free time it's worth it but, $0.16 cents for a hour? And it can be rejected? /:

I guess if you got free time it's worth it but, $0.16 cents for a hour? And it can be rejected? /:

My advice, don't look at the time, that's just the time allotted for you to complete the task, it'll never takes that long. For instance last night I knocked out like 80 tasks for .07/task in like 20 minutes. I just threw my GKMC on and was rolling on some copy and paste tasks. When you go on the sub Reddit i posted they only post HITs from legitimate requesters (people who'll pay and rarely reject) and they'll tell you how long it takes. I haven't be rejected yet, but there are times it happens if you mess up on a task. But, that doesn't happen too often.

I'll reiterate, the pay for individual tasks sounds small, but it adds up. I haven't spent more than an hour actually working each day, so I feel some since of accomplishment when I see the money I've accumulated.

Last edited:
Seems interesting, its always nice to have some spending money for doing something like this.

Do you have to be qualified to do any of these HITs?

Yeah, some of the more complex ones like transcription and translation. The transcriptions are some of the highest paying HITs, but I don't touch those.

A ton of these HITs (data entry, transcription, surveys) are stuff I've done for free in the past so getting paid is cool with me. :pimp:

My advice, don't look at the time, that's just the time allotted for you to complete the task, it'll never takes that long. For instance last night I knocked out like 80 tasks for .07/task in like 20 minutes. I just threw my GKMC on and was rolling on some copy and paste tasks. When you go on the sub Reddit i posted they only post HITs from legitimate requesters (people who'll pay and rarely reject) and they'll tell you how long it takes. I haven't be rejected yet, but there are times it happens if you mess up on a task. But, that doesn't happen too often.

I'll reiterate, the pay for individual tasks sounds small, but it adds up. I haven't spent more than an hour actually working each day, so I feel some since of accomplishment when I see the money I've accumulated.

I signed up .. going to check it out. Got nothing to lose.

Thanks again.

For 30min of work i can get $.7-.12. Seems like a lot of work to me for such little return. No need to thread hijack here but I just wanted to share a site I came across that also allows you to make money. Basic Idea is install the add-on, browse the web, and collect points. Get enough points to cash out and get your $$. It's called TopLine ads

https://www.jointopline.com/?fid=8PSGHK2Q9W45

Do you get taxed on your earnings?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom