Man dies on subway as photographer takes a picture for NY POST, Update: Photographer speaks (P. 4)

smh this dont even look like a news article picture... it looks like a NT meme

I blame social media. Too many accounts of people not helping, but pulling out their cell phones. If someone's in danger call the police, or help. Taking pics/videos won't help anybody.

He needs to cut it out, that's not a picture you accidentally just take, killer running towards him he says?...and you are snapping pics in his direction and not one of the actual killer....yeah...ok buddy....douche

What's his twitter?...

He needs to cut it out, that's not a picture you accidentally just take, killer running towards him he says?...and you are snapping pics in his direction and not one of the actual killer....yeah...ok buddy....douche
What's his twitter?...

YOU WEREN"T EVEN THERE. Poppin' off like that... :smh:

Last edited:
YOU WEREN"T EVEN THERE. Poppin' off like that...
mean.gif
aint ksteezy a photographer... lol thats why he poppin' off

What's his twitter?...
@bloodonthetracksbutnotthealbumbybobdylan

Some of you seem surprised.
After this photo was published in 1994, I realised we live in a sad world...
View media item 157437
for those who may not get it, instead of the photographer helping that little girl, he waited and took this image smh
YOOO!!!!

:x :x

>: >:

:frown: :frown:

this literally ruined my day...and the fact that its a little african girl just...

Reading what he said and thinking about it, I think it's likely that there's little to nothing the photographer could've done to save the guy/

BUT...a few things just sound sketchy and sensationalized:

At the same time, the perp was running toward me. I was afraid he might push me onto the tracks.
>D

I remember telling a woman — whom I later learned was the MTA chaplain — to give the man his last rites.
So he just happened to tell a woman to give him his last rites and it turns out she was the MTA chaplain?

The sad part is, there were people who were close to the victim, who watched and didn’t do anything. You can see it in the pictures.
Probably in other pictures and in the main one it was probably too late but it looks to me like there was nobody between the photographer and the victim at that point. NY Post's editing?

I don't think he's really at fault but I just got a vibe like he was overcompensting and exaggerating. :rolleyes

totally agree with this here.

the more i see and read about this, the more i think the photographer really couldnt do anything to help the guy, but that doesnt mean he has to try to make himself look good with all these exaggerations.

The Post is more to blame than this guy. They are the ones cashing in on the grief of this family. I sincerely hope that they get sued for a small fortune.

aint ksteezy a photographer... lol thats why he poppin' off

News to me, but still... I'm saying, ksteezy wasn't there. Calling this man a douche bag is unwarranted. In the heat of the moment, some people ca't just snap into heroic mode and do the right thing.

To vilify the photographer for that is harsh. That's all I'm saying.

If anything, get mad at The Post for sensationalizing a tragic situation, as some on here have said.

Last edited:
All those people on the platform and like 2-3 head couldnt get together and pull him quickly? SAD MAN JUST SAD :smh:

I do think I'd be nervous about the guy who pushed him into the tracks. If he was still around I'd be afraid to help the guy up out of fear I would be pushed to

But let's say the flashing bulbs thing is true, at the end of the day YOU SOLD THE PICTURE. You profited of this. And that I think is messed up and was in his control all the way

I think about getting pushed in all the time. If I'm in a super crowded area I try to stay at least a foot back. If nobody is around I don't care and I'm right by the edge of the platform

News to me, but still... I'm saying, ksteezy wasn't there. Calling this man a douche bag is unwarranted. In the heat of the moment, some people ca't just snap into heroic mode and do the right thing.
To vilify the photographer for that is harsh. That's all I'm saying.
If anything, get mad at The Post for sensationalizing a tragic situation, as some on here have said.

In the heat of the moment, people become heroes or freeze, my dudes instinct was to photograph the man's death....he can say he was randomly posting till the cows come home or that he didn't have time to set the camera, let me let you in on something, he said, his camera was set to outside settings, which meant he probably was shooting Manual outside, had he not change his manual settings this picture would have came out much different, what he did was pop his camera in auto and snapped, knowing damb well the camera and flash will give him a good enough picture, this dude knew exactly why he was doing and his intent wasn't to help dude, but to capitalize on a photo, he's a photo journalist, it's obvious....had his intentions been different how this end up on the front page of the post?

He said that he was flashing his light at the train to signal the train to stop. Everyone knows that trains can't stop suddenly and that the conductor is not going to pay attention to a bunch of flashing lights.

22 seconds elapsed.

How far away from the guy do y'all think the photographer was? (In feet)

IMO, seems like the train was significantly further away from the guy than the photographer was.

I'm curious to know how fast those trains go as well. (mph)

He said that he was flashing his light at the train to signal the train to stop. Everyone knows that trains can't stop suddenly and that the conductor is not going to pay attention to a bunch of flashing lights.

and people take pictures in the subway all the time, hows the conductor gonna know it was an emergency

I blame social media. Too many accounts of people not helping, but pulling out their cell phones. If someone's in danger call the police, or help. Taking pics/videos won't help anybody.

This.

Everyone trying to be famous and the next big Internet sensation.

In the heat of the moment, people become heroes or freeze, my dudes instinct was to photograph the man's death....he can say he was randomly posting till the cows come home or that he didn't have time to set the camera, let me let you in on something, he said, his camera was set to outside settings, which meant he probably was shooting Manual outside, had he not change his manual settings this picture would have came out much different, what he did was pop his camera in auto and snapped, knowing damb well the camera and flash will give him a good enough picture, this dude knew exactly why he was doing and his intent wasn't to help dude, but to capitalize on a photo, he's a photo journalist, it's obvious....had his intentions been different how this end up on the front page of the post?

Capitalize? Nobody is going to capitalize off of this [except for The Post, which is disgraceful]. Now dude has people like you questioning his humanity. I'm sure if you were to have a conversation with the man, you would note his guilt and sorrow, not dollar signs in his eyes. You're poppin' off like dude was scheming cold-heartedly from this stranger's demise.

I agree with you man, it's sad he didn't do more. But he deserves to live after this too. :smh:

Last edited:
So why didn't the picture man try to help the dude up?
Easier said than done, we dont know the circumstances.

Dude who fell probably had the deer in the headlights effect, or he really got hurt from the fall and coudnt get back up in time, He coudve tried going to the other side of the platform on the other tracks, but hey like I said, easier said than done.

Capitalize? Nobody is going to capitalize off of this [except for The Post, which is disgraceful]. Now dude has people like you questioning his humanity. I'm sure if you were to have a conversation with the man, you would note his guilt and sorrow, not dollar signs in his eyes. You're poppin' off like dude was scheming cold-heartedly from this stranger's demise.
I agree with you man, it's sad he didn't do more. But he deserves to live after this too. :smh:

I'm sure he regrets it now, but you best believe the post didn't get this shot for free, he's a freelance photographers and trust me, photographers just don't Hand out their images....it was a terrible judgement call on his part, even worst by selling the image to the post....I undertad him not reacting to pull dude out, not everyone is built to be a hero and perhaps he thought he'd be risking his own life, trying to grab a panicking dude off the tracks you might just end up down there with him, it's much easier for a man to pull you down to him, than it is for you to pull him up.

Back
Top Bottom