Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

Also not to confuse anybody so lets clear it up now, as of this moment everything we hear about the JL movie is a rumor and nothing else. The only thing confirmed is a summer 2015 release.

And how did the XMen film go around not removing a mask?

All of the continuity issues when you try and reconcile how the world of X1 and X2 isn't the same as X3's....or X-Men Origins: Wolverine's....or First Class'....or probably soon Days of Future Past's. :smh: :lol:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine in general. I mean...****.
Mystique is suddenly in a love triangle with Prof. X and Magneto :x
Cyclops was a kid in 1st Class...the 60s period piece
Rose Byrne's character grows up to be the same age 50 years later in X3.
X3 Prof. X walking in the flashback vs. paralyzed in 1stCl
X3 in general, too. :lol: :smh:

And that's not to mention all the wasted and ruined oppurtunities like Angel, Juggernaut, Gambit, Deadpool, Phoenix...****. :smh:

The DC Film Universe can get that stupid, fast. Because they already have to apologize and fix Green Lantern. Having JGL be Batman only makes it more complicated and confusing. But then they haven't been able to see the most recognizable superheroes in the world for over how long? And now they're cramming because Disney and Marvel are doing laps around them? :smh:

Last edited:

I'm reading all of you guys' reasons for a JLA movie, and I'm losing hope. Y'all all have good points. But, having Batman with the cowl on full time just isn't going to work. It's going to feel like those cheesy 70's versions of superhero movies all over again.

Yeah they better launch a big # at Bale and bring him on board.....nothing against JGL but he's simply not the Batman we know.

Yeah they better launch a big # at Bale and bring him on board.....nothing against JGL but he's simply not the Batman we know.

You could've said the same thing about Keaton in 2004 before the Nolan trilogy. I'm pretty sure you won't, but you get my point :lol: All it's gonna take is for someone to step up and whoever plays Bruce Wayne next definitely has big shoes to film, but I don't see why they should be written off already.

Chill, Keaton, Clooney and Kilmer don't even come close to owning that character like Bale does....

Bale ain't own ^%*~
No one goes to see Bruce Wayne.
Just Batman and it ain't like he was having an academy award performance :lol:

You've proved my point, Steez. To you, Bale might be the epitome but just like Adam West and Michael Keaton, he WILL be eventually be replaced.

And I gotta agree with kv above, all the recognition with the Nolan trilogy is always either given to Christopher Nolan or whoever plays the villains. I know it's gonna suck for Steez to hear, but the only thing synonymous with Bale and Batman is how awful his Batman voice is/was.

Bale ain't own ^%*~
No one goes to see Bruce Wayne.
Just Batman and it ain't like he was having an academy award performance :lol:

i know, lets be real. Nobody leaves quoting any of Bales lines. If anything, Batman was the least attractive thing in most of the movies. The film will be just fine when Bale is replaced

You've proved my point, Steez. To you, Bale might be the epitome but just like Adam West and Michael Keaton, he WILL be eventually be replaced.
And I gotta agree with kv above, all the recognition with the Nolan trilogy is always either given to Christopher Nolan or whoever plays the villains. I know it's gonna suck for Steez to hear, but the only thing synonymous with Bale and Batman is how awful his Batman voice is/was.

Of course he will be replaced :lol:

But right now in Hollywood, Bale is Bruce....lets not downplay his role as Bruce, he did a better job than Clooney who is one of the better actors of our generation bros...lol

And he did a better job than Keaton I think....Kilmer was ight...but none of them pulled off that pretty boy rich swag.

I'll add this "IMO" to stay clear of Jimmies being Rustled. :lol:

Of course he will be replaced :lol:

But right now in Hollywood, Bale is Bruce....lets not downplay his role as Bruce, he did a better job than Clooney who is one of the better actors of our generation bros...lol

And he did a better job than Keaton I think....Kilmer was ight...but none of them pulled off that pretty boy rich swag.

I'll add this "IMO" to stay clear of Jimmies being Rustled. :lol:

he played a fine bruce, I just hated his Batman. The grunts, gravel voice, overall just not how I envision the character. I actually like Keaton and Kilmer's Batman more ( dont get me wrong, the movies werent better, but their portrayal of batman was imo)

Last edited:
They can hire anyone they want to be Batman...just not JGL. He's Robin or at least definitely not Bruce Wayne. And Batman has to be Bruce Wayne, imo.

Snyder Sucker Punch was on Showtime this weekend and I know most hated it (I liked it) but I think we can all agree the fights scenes were awesome.

Imagine if Snyder did a Dragonball movie.

They wouldn't need to make JGL Bruce Wayne though because it isn't like any of the other members of the JL would know that Bruce Wayne was Batman they would only know of Batman himself and the persona so as long as they made it clear that JGL was just picking up the persona and what the mask stood for I do'nt see where there would be an issue. Like until they reboot the Batman franchise no one would be taking over for Bruce Wayne and I feel like that's why throughout Nolan's franchise they made it clear that Batman stood for something, regardless of who was behind the mask.

Maybe I'm way off? I don't know haha

They wouldn't need to make JGL Bruce Wayne though because it isn't like any of the other members of the JL would know that Bruce Wayne was Batman they would only know of Batman himself and the persona so as long as they made it clear that JGL was just picking up the persona and what the mask stood for I do'nt see where there would be an issue. Like until they reboot the Batman franchise no one would be taking over for Bruce Wayne and I feel like that's why throughout Nolan's franchise they made it clear that Batman stood for something, regardless of who was behind the mask.

Maybe I'm way off? I don't know haha

I said the same thing. Either they're gonna try and be sly and just not have the dude under the cowl show his face, or it's ****** up casting JGL.

Batman has to be Bruce Wayne. And you can't have the guy who played Robin 5 minutes ago, suddenly be Bruce in the JL movie. Unless this is Batman Beyond or something, and they go all in on John Blake being Batman...which would get weird when they make another Batman...and dumb because now you have to deal with connecting Nolan's stuff to this universe or whatever.

I mean that'd be like if they made X-men 4 and casted Hugh Jackman as Professor X.

Last edited:
They kind of have to follow the same model as the Avengers. If you really think about it there is no way to do it without a prelim movie from all of the big 3 (supes, bats, and wonder woman). They are the anchor of the JLA. They can get away with ignoring GL because a movie already came out (same way they did with hulk for AV). Those 3 at least need a movie. Let Nolan's Batman rest. It was great....no need to touch it at all. They need a fresh start. It will be hard but it can be done. Supes looks like he is off to a great start because they are adding depth to the character.....finally (Smallville.....although not the best for the total series it lasted for 10 seasons because it had depth). The trailer looks great but the JLA movie can be crap or it can be great.

I said the same thing. Either they're gonna try and be sly and just not have the dude under the cowl show his face, or it's ****** up casting JGL.

Batman has to be Bruce Wayne. And you can't have the guy who played Robin 5 minutes ago, suddenly be Bruce in the JL movie. Unless this is Batman Beyond or something, and they go all in on John Blake being Batman...which would get weird when they make another Batman...and dumb because now you have to deal with connecting Nolan's stuff to this universe or whatever.

I mean that'd be like if they made X-men 4 and casted Hugh Jackman as Professor X.

What I was saying was that it's fine having JGL be the Batman in this because none of these characters would know who Bruce Wayne is so it's not like they've already interacted with Batman and now their getting someone different. Blake was never really Robin, Nolan just threw that in there I feel like as a little extra. I feel like Batman doesn't need to be Bruce Wayne because of how much an emphasis they put on the fact it doesn't matter who Batman is, its the purpose he serves as a hero, so JGL can pick up from where Bruce left off and partake in the JL, which is why Bruce gave him the coordinates to the BatCave

Back
Top Bottom