Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

But that's not what originally being compared though. I'm more than positive Iron Man would hold his own on with a bunch of kryptonians that haven't even honed their skills yet, who without their helmets would be immobilized. Don't matter anyway cuz none of them made a move in the end. Chilled in the ship and died.
Either you don't understand how strong kryptonians are or you think too highly of Iron Man....or both
You weren't paying attention to the movie. The kryptonians were not immediately super powered when arriving on Earth. As we see with the Zod fight it took a while for him to get stronger and stronger, get heat vision like Cyclops, and then went from hopping around like the Hulk to flying. On the other side, Iron Man was taking blows from Thor and not being knocked out after one hit. Same for the extrmeis infected dudes in IM3.

So maybe you're just talking about your general knowledge of the two and not what happened in both movies.
Maybe Noob kryptoniansn would get smashed by Iron Man, I can see it.
That's all I'm really saying. The first thing they did was dupe Supes in the ship which was just buying them time really as they also stole info. Had they started off fighting with him, Kal would've accidentally killed all of them.

Last edited:
You weren't paying attention to the movie. The kryptonians were not immediately super powered when arriving on Earth. As we see with the Zod fight it took a while for him to get stronger and stronger, get heat vision like Cyclops, and then went from hopping around like the Hulk to flying. On the other side, Iron Man was taking blows from Thor and not being knocked out after one hit. Same for the extrmeis infected dudes in IM3.

So maybe you're just talking about your general knowledge of the two and not what happened in both movies.
Clark lived on that planet for 33 years and understood how to use his powers. Zod took an onslaught from dude when he was about to kill his mom.....an enraged Superman. He ate those shots and the only reason he had to dip is because Superman was able to damage his helmet by doing that. I don't think Ironman has anything in is arsenal to do that before his armor is snapped in half.

Clark lived on that planet for 33 years and understood how to use his powers. Zod took an onslaught from dude when he was about to kill his mom.....an enraged Superman. He ate those shots and the only reason he had to dip is because Superman was able to damage his helmet by doing that. I don't think Ironman has anything in is arsenal to do that before his armor is snapped in half.
So the guy whose specialty is armor couldn't have damaged Zod's armor? Okay.

I don't even know why you wasting time typing all that up like I aint know what happened. If you think Tony Stark aint smart enough to think hey guys go for the aliens helmets, they clearly haven't adapted to Earth's atmosphere then I'm not going to continue this pointless back and forth.

This whole before his armor is snapped in half talk is hyperbolic bull ****. Which kryptonian ripped a human in half in this story? That's a go to move now? They were one shotting the soldiers like they were with Supes. Iron Man would've took a few shots and while rebooting and calling in more armor would've figured it out but let me not continue cuz you seem to think this is about Iron Man fighting fully powered kryptonians on his own and it aint like I was the one to bring up the faulty point about Avengers fighting kryptonians in the first place.

Last edited:

I don't even know why you wasting time typing all that up like I aint know what happened. If you think Tony Stark aint smart enough to think hey guys go for the aliens helmets, they clearly haven't adapted to Earth's atmosphere then I'm not going to continue this pointless back and forth.

This whole before his armor is snapped in half talk is hyperbolic bull ****. Which kryptonian ripped a human in half in this story? That's a go to move now? They were one shotting the soldiers like they were with Supes. Iron Man would've took a few shots and while rebooting and calling in more armor would've figured it out but let me not continue cuz you seem to think this is about Iron Man fighting fully powered kryptonians on his own and it aint like I was the one to bring up the faulty point about Avengers fighting kryptonians in the first place.

The same Tony Stark who's armor(s) were shredded by fire monsters? Who STILL got his house shot up after giving a terrorist his address against military personnel? Right....

Last edited:
Kal only fought 3 people though. Avengers had to face a whole bunch of those aliens.

I was wondering why a few more of Zod's soldiers didn't go down and join in on the brawl.

Each one of those Kryptonians would murk everyone in the Avengers outside of Thor and Hulk. Hell Loki got Thor all weak in the movie. He was underwhelming throughout the whole film.

But that's not what was originally being compared though. Of course chitauri don't comare to kryptonians (when fully powered by a yellow sun). I'm more than positive Iron Man would hold his own on with a bunch of kryptonians that haven't even honed their skills yet, who without their helmets would be immobilized. Don't matter anyway cuz none of them made a move in the end. Chilled in the ship and died/went back to the phantom zone.

It is what it's being compared to in what I quoted. We are comparing film to film villains and putting one on place of the other. EVen if it is just the 3 Kryptonians and the Chitauri army switched, I'd take the 3 Kryptonians.

I thought Faora and NamEk were pretty deadly from the get go even if all they could do was run fast and jump long distances, they can hit hard. Someone who has no problem punching your head off will likely destroy IM (movie version at least), he hasn't dealt with someone who can move that fast and can hit as hard, not sure why Thor stand toe to toe with him (again, dude was underwhelming in the Avengers).

Zod adapted quickly, I am not sure IM could finish him off before he can master up his skills like he did and be able to fly around. The Kryptonians didn't really have a known weakness in the movie.

Faora would crush IM's tiny little head before he knew what hit him.

Avenger Thor shouldn't even be used as a benchmark. Dude was mad weak in the movie.

The thing is they didn't have to with the humans. No need to rip them apart or punch their head off, they know they were weak. If IM stood toe to toe and actually hurt them, they'll just push further

And really IM would figure out their helmets right away? Come on now, giving him too much credit. Hell the only way Zods helmet got damaged is by the barrage of punched from Supes and Supes only figured it out because he's been in their ship. Faor and Namek were getting hit with missiles and it didn't damage their helmet.

If IMs suit was admantium, then I might say he has a chance but really just those armors being made of metal alloy, they'd rip through it.

:D

Last edited:
Think about the speed and ferocity that just 3 of them fought with in Smallville and what happened. Faora and NamEk were punishing SM and he was eating it. So a being that can take that much and dish it out....against Iron Man?

Kal only fought 3 people though. Avengers had to face a whole bunch of those aliens.

I was wondering why a few more of Zod's soldiers didn't go down and join in on the brawl.

Each one of those Kryptonians would murk everyone in the Avengers outside of Thor and Hulk. Hell Loki got Thor all weak in the movie. He was underwhelming throughout the whole film.

But that's not what was originally being compared though. Of course chitauri don't comare to kryptonians (when fully powered by a yellow sun). I'm more than positive Iron Man would hold his own on with a bunch of kryptonians that haven't even honed their skills yet, who without their helmets would be immobilized. Don't matter anyway cuz none of them made a move in the end. Chilled in the ship and died/went back to the phantom zone.

It is what it's being compared to in what I quoted. We are comparing film to film villains and putting one on place of the other. EVen if it is just the 3 Kryptonians and the Chitauri army switched, I'd take the 3 Kryptonians.

I thought Faora and NamEk were pretty deadly from the get go even if all they could do was run fast and jump long distances, they can hit hard. Someone who has no problem punching your head off will likely destroy IM (movie version at least), he hasn't dealt with someone who can move that fast and can hit as hard, not sure why Thor stand toe to toe with him (again, dude was underwhelming in the Avengers).

Zod adapted quickly, I am not sure IM could finish him off before he can master up his skills like he did and be able to fly around. The Kryptonians didn't really have a known weakness in the movie.
So wait even in your version where only Hulk and Thor could fight 3 other kryptonians Iron Man on the sidelines couldn't think up a way to defeat them?

Mind you what was being compared was due to a meme meant to be funny not something that rings true. A fully powered kryptonian took on 3 other military trained but not fully powered kryptonians and still needed help from his ghost father, and about 3 humans not to mention the other soldiers that took some time killing. There was a ridiculous loss of life in MOS. Compared to Loki and the chitauri who invaded all of NYC and as they destroyed a lot of buildings did not cause the same amount of damage and death cuz you know we at least got to see the Avengers, the heroes, save the citizens of the city and get them to safety.

But again I think the faulty point here is comparing kryptonians to the chitauri for the most part.

The same Tony Stark who's armor(s) were shredded by fire monsters? Who STILL got his house shot up after giving a terrorist his address against military personnel? Right....
What does the conditions to make a movie entertaining have to do with what I just said?

If you want to take it there, Clark let his dad and dog die and countless lives be loss in that one movie. Got a town and entire city demolished. Plus he let his moms house get ****** up. Tony Stark is rich, Cali house blows up? Move to my tower in NYC.

Just making dumb observations at this point. Giving up the address was apart of the story. I could say giving yourself up to invading enemies was just as dumb given the amount of info Zod was able to get from knocking him out but you know I know that was apart of the story as well so it isn't really a criticism, is it?

Last edited:
So wait even in your version where only Hulk and Thor could fight 3 other kryptonians Iron Man on the sidelines couldn't think up a way to defeat them?

Mind you what was being compared was due to a meme meant to be funny not something that rings true. A fully powered kryptonian took on 3 other military trained but not fully powered kryptonians and still needed help from his ghost father, and about 3 humans not to mention the other soldiers that took some time killing. There was a ridiculous loss of life in MOS. Compared to Loki and the chitauri who invaded all of NYC and as they destroyed a lot of building did not cause the same amount of damage and death.

But again I think the faulty point here is comparing kryptonians to the chitauri for the most part.
What does the conditions to make a movie entertaining have to do with what I just said?

If you want to take it there, Clark let his dad and dog die and countless lives be loss in that one movie. Got a town and entire city demolished. Plus he let his moms house get ****** up. Tony Stark is rich, Cali house blows up? Move to my tower in NYC.

IM2/Avengers/IM3 are apart of the same universe so it should count....however I understand your argument so I'll just count IM2/Avengers :lol

Still doesn't change my stance though based on my other posts

As for the Dad's death that was a kid obeying his father

Last edited:
Mind you what was being compared was due to a meme meant to be funny not something that rings true.

Taking the meme too seriously bro, it was a joke. It's a meme so it is suppose to be ridiculous.

My reply was to the post I quoted and that was that. It became a IM vs Kryptonian(s) because you started that convo and that was what was being discussed but you can't add up Thor and Hulk all of a sudden. :lol If it were the Avengers vs. Kryptonians, then I do think the Avengers would have a harder time than the Chitauri/Loki and my guess is the damage to the city would be as bad.

Duncan would destroy anyone here right now though, dude is a beast tonight!

Last edited:
Mind you what was being compared was due to a meme meant to be funny not something that rings true.

Taking the meme too seriously bro, it was a joke. It's a meme so it is suppose to be ridiculous.
I think it's the other way around cuz all I originally replied with was "Don't forget about the help of the humans and the amount of life lost in comparison to how the avengers did it :lool "

My reply was to the post I quoted and that was that. It became a IM vs Kryptonian(s) because you started that convo but you can't add up Thor and Hulk all of a sudden. :lol
You might have to reread cuz when shogun specifically said there's a difference between Superman fighting 3 of his ppl while the Avengers fight a bunch of aliens (a hundred and up) you brought up only Hulk and Thor being able to hold their own. All I basically did was say Iron Man would make a difference as well. I never said Iron Man against all 3. The original comparison was Avengers and Superman was it not?

Mind you what was being compared was due to a meme meant to be funny not something that rings true. A fully powered kryptonian took on 3 other military trained but not fully powered kryptonians and still needed help from his ghost father, and about 3 humans not to mention the other soldiers that took some time killing. There was a ridiculous loss of life in MOS. Compared to Loki and the chitauri who invaded all of NYC and as they destroyed a lot of building did not cause the same amount of damage and death.

IM2/Avengers/IM3 are apart of the same universe so it should count....however I understand your argument so I'll just count IM2/Avengers :lol

Still doesn't change my stance though based on my other posts

As for the Dad's death that was a kid obeying his father
I don't know what you're on about with the other stuff but there's times for disobedience and then there's other times where you just obey but all of your critical comments are showing a lack of understanding storytelling or you're ignoring it purposely to make ridiculous observations.

Last edited:
I think it's the other way around cuz all I originally replied with was "Don't forget about the help of the humans and the amount of life lost in comparison to how the avengers did it :lool "
You might have to reread cuz when shogun specifically said there's a difference between Superman fighting 3 of his ppl while the Avengers fight a bunch of aliens (a hundred and up) you brought up only Hulk and Thor being able to hold their own. All I basically did was say Iron Man would make a difference as well. I never said Iron Man against all 3. The original comparison was Avengers and Superman was it not?
I don't know what you're on about with the other stuff but there's times for disobedience and then there's other times where you just obey but all of your critical comments are showing a lack of understanding storytelling or you're ignoring it purposely to make ridiculous observations.
While the game is on commercial....:lol

Your Dad tells you all your life that if people knew what you really were they would reject you. He even tells you, after you've revealed to folk what you are by trying to save them, that you probably should have let them die. Then during the middle of a Tornado where his idiot Dad tries to save the dog (yeah I said it) you are faced with a decision. Do you know what you would do if you were there and lived that life? He made the choice to listen to his father. You sir don't recognize story telling.

Had to edit....:lol and mad I finished during the game

Last edited:

Ok.

And I said the those 3 Kryptonians would murk all the Avengers outside of Thor and Hulk, meaning it is a tougher fight for the Avengers with those 3 Kryptonians than the whole Chitauri army.

You said IM can handle the Kryptonians, which started that conversation and then came up with a bunch of reasons why/how he can stand up to the Kryptonians and I gave a rebuttal.

So yeah, you did bring it up and it became an IM vs Kryptonian discussion. And you kept defending how IM could beat Kryptonians and I just defended the Kryptonians. You definitely only said IM (imply that by himself) could take a couple of Kryptonians, not one but a bunch.

I'm more than positive Iron Man would hold his own on with a bunch of kryptonians that haven't even honed their skills yet, who without their helmets would be immobilized.

You say Kryptonians that hasn't honed their skill, well that is NamEk and Faora, those two had the "unhoned" Kryptonian powers and you can't say the ones on the ship because they didn't really come out to fight so that is not a good sample in the discussion. I simply disagree based on the battle he had with Superman that IM could handle a bunch of Kryptonians.

I doubt you meant just those in the ship because Bruce Banner could probably handle those guys, they were practically humans and you mentioned the helmets, but step outside and they'd be as aggressive and strong as Faora & NamEk.

Again you said a bunch and IM has to immobilize all of them by removing all their helmet at once? That is almost an impossible task just based on what happened in the movie.

Last edited:

Ok.

And I said the those 3 Kryptonians would murk all the Avengers outside of Thor and Hulk, meaning it is a tougher fight for the Avengers with those 3 Kryptonians than the whole Chitauri army.
And I'm saying IM would be able to hold his own against Zod, Namek or Faora but I'm keeping in mind everything IM is capable of and what we've seen but those 3 specifically would be an individual sort of thing seeing as even Superman didn't take on all 3 at the same time.

You said IM can handle the Kryptonians, which started that conversation and then came up with a bunch of reasons why/how he can stand up to the Kryptonians and I gave a rebuttal.
So yeah, you did bring it up and it became an IM vs Kryptonian discussion. And you kept defending how IM could beat Kryptonians and I just defended the Kryptonians. You definitely only said IM (imply that by himself) could take a couple of Kryptonians, not one but a bunch.
I brought that up in unison with Thor and Hulk not on his own. It's all apart of the pyramid of quotes. You named two, I added one more.
Again you said a bunch and IM has to immobilize all of them by removing all their helmet at once?
One at a time, he does have like what 42 other armors to help in this invasion scenario. I mean lets not act like he isn't bringing out the other armors, so yeah he could.
]That is almost an impossible task just based on what happened in the movie.
Yet he pretty much did fight a bunch of extremis soldiers with his armors (while Rhodey killed a few mainly looking to save the president). Changing the objective to target helmets instead of just kill which I assume was the objective in IM3. Mind you that's what I basically had in mind along with Thor and Hulk.
While the game is on commercial....:lol

Your Dad tells you all your life that if people knew what you really were they would reject you. He even tells you, after you've revealed to folk what you are by trying to save them, that you probably should have let them die. Then during the middle of a Tornado where his idiot Dad tries to save the dog (yeah I said it) you are faced with a decision. Do you know what you would do if you were there and lived that life? He made the choice to listen to his father. You sir don't recognize story telling.

Had to edit....:lol and mad I finished during the game
So you let your father die? Pssh. nothing would've went wrong if clark went to get the little girl and then went back to get the dog. I mean look at that death scene. Twister sweeps though and dude is gone. Had it been Clark he would've been holding the dog and no revelation would've been made.

He basically did what his dad questioned when he saved the bus full of kids. "Maybe" :x :{ Dumb move. There's a time to obey and a time not to. Simple as that for me. It was an atrocious death scene void of any true emotion. Again though I'm just doing exactly what you did by bringing up Tony Stark calling out a terrorist on national tv and then getting his house blown up by them. That's just part of his character after the last terrorist attack which put his friend in the hospital. So when you're ready to stop ignoring storytelling I'll do the same.

Last edited:
So you let your father die? Pssh. nothing would've went wrong if clark went to get the little girl and then went back to get the dog. I mean look at that death scene. Twister sweeps though and dude is gone. Had it been Clark he would've been holding the dog and no revelation would've been made.

He basically did what his dad questioned when he saved the bus full of kids. "Maybe" :x :{ Dumb move. There's a time to obey and a time not to. Simple as that for me. It was an atrocious death scene void of any true emotion. Again though I'm just doing exactly what you did by bringing up Tony Stark calling out a terrorist on national tv and then getting his house blown up by them. That's just part of his character after the last terrorist attack which put his friend in the hospital. So when you're ready to stop ignoring storytelling I'll do the same.

There are only like 6 people on earth who know you are different (Lana, Pete and his mom, his parents, clark) an two that know that he is an alien (his parents). I'm thinking the kid has that kind of relationship with Pops.

I'm still not getting your argument of IM vs The Avengers. Understand that Cap, Widow, and Hawkeye are dead in the first minute. So that's 3 on 3. When is Jarvis going to find time to figure out that these helmets can take that damage. Iron Man is dead shortly after the first 3.

One at a time, he does have like what 42 other armors to help in this invasion scenario. I mean lets not act like he isn't bringing out the other armors, so yeah he could.

Those bots can't do nothing to Kryptonians. :lol Come on now, it can barely handle Extremis people but I thought we are just talking Avengers IM but even with all those suits, Kryptonians will simply beat them with quickness. Hell Extremis people had no problem disposing of them with a simple punch here and there. You giving IM too much credit figuring it all out and then being able to remove a helmet that took pounding from Superman to damage. :lol

VuZuj06.gif

Supes speed could barely touch Faora in the beginning, those suit would be a gonner after one punch.
k0cl.gif

Yet he pretty much did fight a bunch of extremis soldiers with his armors

That is not even close. :lol Those guys can get blasted to oblivion and die, that can't be done with Kryptonians.

Those bots can't do nothing to Kryptonians. :lol Come on now, it can barely handle Extremis people but I thought we are just talking Avengers IM but even with all those suits, Kryptonians will simply beat them with quickness. Hell Extremis people had no problem disposing of them with a simple punch here and there. You giving IM too much credit figuring it all out and then being able to remove a helmet that took pounding from Superman to damage. :lol

VuZuj06.gif

Supes speed could barely touch Faora in the beginning, those suit would be a gonner after one punch.
k0cl.gif

Yet he pretty much did fight a bunch of extremis soldiers with his armors

That is not even close. :lol Those guys can get blasted to oblivion and die, that can't be done with Kryptonians.
Now you're just downplaying what Tony does best. If 40+ suits aren't a problem at all, not even a distraction you're crazy. That alone gives Tony time to have the helmets targeted. Even if they ran through all the suits "with the quickness" it still gives Tony time.

Supes didn't have a problem with Faora's quickness, that's just her training. You see somebody rush you and you instinctively dodge. You'd see that in any fight with skilled fighters involved. That's what Zod and his ppl had on their side. They were all engineered to be warriors, they have all of the training and drive to be great fighters. Clark never had that. If Zod and co didn't have that they would've lost in the first fight.

You're forgetting what would be the objective again. Tony and his armors all going for their helmets not trying to blast them in to oblivion but honestly he probably would've just hacked in to their ship and just sent them back to the phantom zone why they were taking out his armors with the quickness.

There are only like 6 people on earth who know you are different (Lana, Pete and his mom, his parents, clark) an two that know that he is an alien (his parents). I'm thinking the kid has that kind of relationship with Pops.
Son was just arguing about his secret in the truck and when **** went down let his dog and pops die cuz according to him he trusted his father so much about humanity not being ready as if saving his father in that instance would've blew his secret. I watched too many episodes of Smallville to believe that bull ****. It was a good thing that Johnathan Kent died anyway. He wasn't doing Clark any good. Hologram Jor-El ftw.

I'm still not getting your argument of IM vs The Avengers.
That's not my argument.
Understand that Cap, Widow, and Hawkeye are dead in the first minute.
I don't think I brought up them once so what you saying?
So that's 3 on 3. When is Jarvis going to find time to figure out that these helmets can take that damage. Iron Man is dead shortly after the first 3.
Take what damage? Figure out what? They're aliens invading Earth and they're wearing gas mask helmets, all you need is for Hulk and Thor to attack them first. Tony can sweet talk Faora for a minute or so before she punches him in to a building (which is what she would do, not try and immediately snap his body in half). He'd then talk to Jarvis, call his armors to back him up and the fight would ensue where the kryptonians would realize it's dragging out with Hulk and Thor around. Tony would eventually hack in to their ship and send them back in to the phantom zone.

Then Cap, Widow, and Hawkguy would've said good job with celebratory shawarma in hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom