MANILA THEN AND ....NOW .....

IF that was Manila bay on the coastal picture, wow, WALA PANG LIBAG!

Anyway, here's my contribution sent by my friends:

Ayala Ave.

UST. Preserved.

Araneta

Luneta before it was a !@#!$ space

Guadalupe

UST's main building
pimp.gif
 not to mention the arch of the centuries
pimp.gif

great pics guys
happy.gif

thanks!

UST's main building
pimp.gif
 not to mention the arch of the centuries
pimp.gif

great pics guys
happy.gif

thanks!

that's not coastal road.. that's the stretch of roxas blvd near the US embassy..

nice pics! escolta!
pimp.gif

that's not coastal road.. that's the stretch of roxas blvd near the US embassy..

nice pics! escolta!
pimp.gif

That Guadalupe shot looks like it was taken before where EDSA dips over the Pasig river. The huge structure at the left on the horizon must be the ABC building, tagal na pala nun. I remember living in Guadalupe in the 80s as a young boy and looking forward to the huge neon Glasurit parrot sign across ABC, where Cafe Lupe is now. Aah, memories. Thanks for the pics sadikmac.

That Guadalupe shot looks like it was taken before where EDSA dips over the Pasig river. The huge structure at the left on the horizon must be the ABC building, tagal na pala nun. I remember living in Guadalupe in the 80s as a young boy and looking forward to the huge neon Glasurit parrot sign across ABC, where Cafe Lupe is now. Aah, memories. Thanks for the pics sadikmac.

Old days of Shoemart Makati

Rustan that time

Watching movies @ QUAD

Double Decker Bus during the Marcos Regime...Love Bus
pimp.gif

Old days of Shoemart Makati

Rustan that time

Watching movies @ QUAD

Double Decker Bus during the Marcos Regime...Love Bus
pimp.gif

It was even said that Manila was like a European city during those times. Too bad we didn't follow what Europe has been doing for its old buildings w/c is adaptive reuse.

It was even said that Manila was like a European city during those times. Too bad we didn't follow what Europe has been doing for its old buildings w/c is adaptive reuse.

WOW......seeing those vintage cars, old signs of famous products (pepsi cola and smb) and how CLEAN and TIDY the city WAS? hehe.... how i'd wish i can bring back those good old times.even my grandmother who passed away 5 years ago (r.i.p. dada!) told me that she and my lolo would go on a date in pasig river and they would bring a kaldero (steel pot) of cooked rice and some other stuff like for making sinigang (tamarind stew) for milkfish (bangus) because my lolo would literally catch their lunch on the river!!! and they can do it for free.how cool was that?
tired.gif
 and to think that the river today is considered to be 73% biologially dead and it can no longer sustain marine life......even the so called "kapit bisig para sa ilog pasig" project can't save the river.simply because the abuse would never stop.hmph....

THANKS RED

WOW......seeing those vintage cars, old signs of famous products (pepsi cola and smb) and how CLEAN and TIDY the city WAS? hehe.... how i'd wish i can bring back those good old times.even my grandmother who passed away 5 years ago (r.i.p. dada!) told me that she and my lolo would go on a date in pasig river and they would bring a kaldero (steel pot) of cooked rice and some other stuff like for making sinigang (tamarind stew) for milkfish (bangus) because my lolo would literally catch their lunch on the river!!! and they can do it for free.how cool was that?
tired.gif
 and to think that the river today is considered to be 73% biologially dead and it can no longer sustain marine life......even the so called "kapit bisig para sa ilog pasig" project can't save the river.simply because the abuse would never stop.hmph....

THANKS RED

Originally Posted by btlgrnd

the huge neon Glasurit parrot sign 
hahaha i remember this! was just askin myself yesterday where is this sign now. also, i remember the eagle structures along edsa back in the day.

i'll look for similar emails and contribute!

great post gilbert!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by btlgrnd

the huge neon Glasurit parrot sign 
hahaha i remember this! was just askin myself yesterday where is this sign now. also, i remember the eagle structures along edsa back in the day.

i'll look for similar emails and contribute!

great post gilbert!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom