Manny got robbed.

Originally Posted by Used2playKobeNowiPlayLebron

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

I'm leaning to feel that way too...  Remember when he lost to Morales?  Dude was heartbroken and cried.  Now he sounds like a broken record repeating "I accept the decision"

fam made like 40 mil off that #*** b

40 Million what? Pesos?
roll.gif
Manny has not cleared more than 25 million in any of his fights, ever. And I don't even believe that number. Bob Arum does him real dirty man, Manny is in financial dire, always asking for an advance before a fight to spend on lavish things. He's got cribs in the Philippines, Cali, and supposedly Vegas too. Expensive cars, women (hush money), gambling addiction, flies private, and an entourage bigger than any athlete in sports. When I say he's "in on it", I'm not saying in the boxing standpoint, he did what he was supposed to do in the ring. I'm talking as far as business goes, his career is dwindling down and he needs a few more fights before he retires. Yes he can fight Floyd but I don't see Floyd and Top Rank ever doing business together, I just don't. Bob Arum is still bitter about Floyd leaving Top Rank before he milked Floyd out of all his money, like he's doing to Pacquiao now. And in the weight class now there are only a select few who makes business sense for Bob Arum to even set up, 1 namely being an up and coming Timothy Bradley whom he can build as his next cash cow. How do ya'll not see that. By the way, some people on this thread really should not even be in this thread, talking about boxing.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Originally Posted by Used2playKobeNowiPlayLebron

I'm leaning to feel that way too...  Remember when he lost to Morales?  Dude was heartbroken and cried.  Now he sounds like a broken record repeating "I accept the decision"

fam made like 40 mil off that #*** b

40 Million what? Pesos?
roll.gif
Manny has not cleared more than 25 million in any of his fights, ever. And I don't even believe that number. Bob Arum does him real dirty man, Manny is in financial dire, always asking for an advance before a fight to spend on lavish things. He's got cribs in the Philippines, Cali, and supposedly Vegas too. Expensive cars, women (hush money), gambling addiction, flies private, and an entourage bigger than any athlete in sports. When I say he's "in on it", I'm not saying in the boxing standpoint, he did what he was supposed to do in the ring. I'm talking as far as business goes, his career is dwindling down and he needs a few more fights before he retires. Yes he can fight Floyd but I don't see Floyd and Top Rank ever doing business together, I just don't. Bob Arum is still bitter about Floyd leaving Top Rank before he milked Floyd out of all his money, like he's doing to Pacquiao now. And in the weight class now there are only a select few who makes business sense for Bob Arum to even set up, 1 namely being an up and coming Timothy Bradley whom he can build as his next cash cow. How do ya'll not see that. By the way, some people on this thread really should not even be in this thread, talking about boxing.

I was thinking the same. He even paid for his sparring partners down payment on a house. His money is just all over the place. He needs to be more selfish. He probably spends more than Floyd and makes about half as much.

Fixed or not the things that are being said about this fight are a joke.

Manny is declining, he lost to Bradley - Bradley was an undefeated fighter going into this fight (still is
eyes.gif
).  Imo Manny handled with ease a fighter in Timothy Bradley that is an undefeated champion fighting in his prime.  How can you say Manny is declining?  Because he didn't put him away? He didn't put away Margarito either.  He has been known to cruise and let the other fighter finish with some dignity.

Bradley had 2 messed up legs and still won -  He hurt his ankle in the fight because he got rocked and his legs weren't under him.  And his movement looked fine all night.  No hobble, no hesitation, he moved fine.  He had a fractured foot though.  I had a fractured foot and played my entire senior year of soccer on it.  It depends on where and how bad the fracture is.

Duane Ford - "I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson," You don't deserve to be a judge ever again if you honestly believe the words you are saying.  "In pro boxing, you look for damage, and if the punches are equal and the damage is equal, you are looking for effective aggression, and that does not necessarily mean the guy going forward,"  This is the whole point Duane!!! The punches weren't equal Manny landed something like 94 MORE punches and landed at a higher rate.  And anyone who watched the fight knew the damage wasn't equal either.  Manny staggered Bradley multiple times.  His punches carried a lot more force than anything Bradley was throwing.

I am so disgusted by this fight.  I paid for the fight watched it with friends at my house.  I will never....EVER....order another boxing match again 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Manny is declining, he lost to Bradley - Bradley was an undefeated fighter going into this fight (still is
eyes.gif
).  Imo Manny handled with ease a fighter in Timothy Bradley that is an undefeated champion fighting in his prime.  How can you say Manny is declining?  Because he didn't put him away? He didn't put away Margarito either.  He has been known to cruise and let the other fighter finish with some dignity.

Bradley had 2 messed up legs and still won -  He hurt his ankle in the fight because he got rocked and his legs weren't under him.  And his movement looked fine all night.  No hobble, no hesitation, he moved fine.  He had a fractured foot though.  I had a fractured foot and played my entire senior year of soccer on it.  It depends on where and how bad the fracture is.

Duane Ford - "I thought Bradley gave Pacquiao a boxing lesson," You don't deserve to be a judge ever again if you honestly believe the words you are saying.  "In pro boxing, you look for damage, and if the punches are equal and the damage is equal, you are looking for effective aggression, and that does not necessarily mean the guy going forward,"  This is the whole point Duane!!! The punches weren't equal Manny landed something like 94 MORE punches and landed at a higher rate.  And anyone who watched the fight knew the damage wasn't equal either.  Manny staggered Bradley multiple times.  His punches carried a lot more force than anything Bradley was throwing.

I am so disgusted by this fight.  I paid for the fight watched it with friends at my house.  I will never....EVER....order another Top Rank boxing match again 

fixed

How can you say Manny is declining?

Age.
Fights left in his division, he already wiped out 140, now 147, and I'm talking about Top Rank fighters because that's all whom he's fighting. (Excluding De La Hoya)
Losing Fan Base.

Remember this is business, when someone says his career is declining, it doesn't necessarily mean his boxing skills. If he went over to Golden Boy, however, he can still have a solid 6-7 more fights, if he wanted to.

Is that a real FB post? It still doesnt change the fact that he got a W when he shouldnt have tho to keep his undefeated record. But I respect that if its real.

Edit: Nevermind. Its prolly fake. The fact that "Manny Pacquiao" likes the post was enough to kill it for me.
rm0lud.jpg

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Is that a real FB post? It still doesnt change the fact that he got a W when he shouldnt have tho to keep his undefeated record. But I respect that if its real.

Edit: Nevermind. Its prolly fake. The fact that "Manny Pacquiao" likes the post was enough to kill it for me.
oK9NO.png
I'm thinking it's fake also, but to clarify, Pacquaio was "tagged" in the post (different from him "liking" it).

It doesnt hurt as much 
1418770594_2370f2e356.jpg

29e6cbd10e2b85ab3d476f64401fca8f-getty-144989394.jpg

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

heres my take on the fight

number 1, manny didnt lose the fight. bradely just got the decision. as flamboyant and loud mouthed as he was on 24/7, even he was surprised he won. i only say that because if he actually believed he truly won, he would of been freaking out and loud mouthed. for the rest of his career, he will have this fight hanging over his head, knowing that no one credits him with beating pac which would suck as a proffesional athlete

number 2, since bradley won, people/analysts in his favor are saying how he outboxed pac, was the smarter boxer, and did more damage. i even read one article where t said that he was the more expert boxer that night. But if bradley had lost the deicsion, everyone would be talking about how he got straight demolished. funny how the decision changes the way people analyze the fight
True. Boxing is going to crap nowadays anyways... Gotta stir up the pot and create some drama

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by j1mmych0o

Pacquiao is going o definitely fight Mayweather after the rematch. and he is going to fight on Mayweather's terms. Pacquiao NEEDS this fight now more than Mayweather needs it. Pacquiao now NEEDS to prove he is the best. the lost tarnish his legacy. in the end people will just think about this loss, even if he ends up winning the rematch
30t6p3b.gif

I do not think that comments like this make any sense. How does a legacy get 'tarnished' when legacy is something that has already happened. Did Jordan 'tarnish' his legacy by playing with the Wiz? Did Ali 'tarnish' his legacy by fighting past his prime and losing? Absolutely not. Pac has had great fights and he's lost more than a couple. Those losses do not make him any less great. Bradley is undefeated - does that make him great?
One of the few ways someone can 'tarnish' a legacy is to do something that discounts all of their accomplishments - see: Steroids. It definitely isn't by losing.

I finally got around to reading this thread for post-fight thoughts. I couldn't find a credible boxing fan till page 14.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You must be out your mind JimmyChoo if you really believe this undeserving loss for Pacuiao will overshadow everything he has accomplished in the sport of boxing over the past 10+ years. Just look at Pacquiao's track record. He fought all the best in each of his weight classes and put on many entertaining fights. Pac also single handedly kept boxing relevant all the while his P4P rival was retiring and building and hyping up his own persona and the UFC and MMA as a whole were sky rocketing in popularity. Tarnish Pac's legacy? If this loss tarnished anything, it'd be boxing and any credibility boxing still has.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

40 Million what? Pesos?
roll.gif

I couldn't agree more with that closing sentance!

I am so disgusted by this fight.  I paid for the fight watched it with friends at my house.  I will never....EVER....order another boxing match again 

I can't see myself paying for another PPV boxing fight again. I thought having my buddies over and treating them to this fight free of charge would have been justified with a Paquiao win. 
eek.gif

There isn't going to be a rematch, the 1st fight was %$!! and supposedly no one watched it or didnt sell enough ppv's.

Back
Top Bottom