March's JB News - add missing Team Jordan shoes pics!

Hello:

You also have to remember, it's not like the JB people are sitting around thinking of ways to rip off their fans. It was a mistake, and it is very unfortunate. How many times do I have to say this? They make one mistake, and you're going to hold it against them forever? Even if nobody complained, this wouldn't be something that would be repeated...

And...who said I don't care about sneakers? Wow. Where did you get that from? *scratches head* I absolutely care about sneakers, just ask anyone that knows me. Wow.

Regards:

Alex.
Angela = Dopeness on a stick.
Niketalk Rules of Conduct
Email: [email protected]
W.T.B.B. Indeed.

I don't buy the "nike made a mistake" bit.Plus I know your really into sneakers dude but at this point This "$200.00 mistake" put a bad taste in my mouth about jordan brand because of this screw up.I always knew nike was money hungry by releasing over 27 retros a year.Charging people hundreds of dollars for sneakers that are made of pennies and paying people nothing in 3 world country'sin sweatshops nothing to make sneakers.That has not stoped me from buying kicks now or any time soon..Besides I know you a big time sneaker junkie.Just like the rest of us.This is not a personal at you.Just nike.But I will get over it and buy more jordans.

Meth and Alex,
thanks for the update! I was wondering If one of you two could suggest to JB that they make items available to europeans too. I got my pack but it would have been easier If we were allowed to order them from Europe. I know many of us have and use paypal....so why not work out a deal? Just a suggestion.
Peace.
FRVS23NT
ATC HUNT

HUGE PROPS to Alex and Meth.

COMING TO THIS BOARD AND GIVING A *DETAILED* EXPLANATION--WHICH HONESTLY IS UNHEARD OF--IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! WHERE ELSE COULD YOU GO AND GET THIS TREATMENT WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCT! NTERS (THE MAJORITY) ARE SPOILED AND NEED TO REALIZE THE INITIAL POST IS DUE TO THE GOODNESS, LOVE, AND RESPECT MODS HAVE FOR NTERS!!!​

Not to repeat what I said in a previous post...

But...

I don't care if the Nubucks were $9.99 in Target, these are the hottest retro colorway (w/ the suede material, lol) released, period. And "everyone and their mama" having them won't change that...

I even wrote an article in SoleCollector (**cough**) on how it has been RESEARCHED AND PROVEN by many professionals that we, sneakerfreaks, draw ourselves to something that's "limited" to the point that, when things like this happen, we breakout in a rash of frustration. If you bought the package JUST FOR THE "LIMITED" factor, and not for the love of the game or the shoes, how DARE you call yourself a sneakerfreak. Shame on you, slim!

People...

A mistake was made. JB spoke through our leaders. Be appreciative. JB didn't have to say squat, and these won't be a "worldwide" release anyway.

So, IMO, enjoy the 2nd or 3rd best colorway of the XIIs JB gave us to enjoy.
...Now, you got us looking like Jaz and Jay, T-Mac and Carter, you need to work harder...

Thanks for the post METH.

(my thoughts).....
A nice REFUND check for the $65 would be a decent apology.

Or a $65 voucher for an upcoming release (that we can purchace early by showing this voucher to any local retailer).

Imagination doesn't consider the possibilities....it creates them.

Quote:
FOR THOES WHO REPRESENT.YOU,OUR TEAM JORDAN MEMBERS.WE'VE PUT TOGETHER AN ULTRA-EXCLUSIVE OFFER IN THE TEAM JORDAN RETRO Xll PACKAGE.FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY,WE'RE OFFERING A PACKAGE EXCLUSIVERY TO OUR TEAM JORDAN MEMBERS.THE PACKAGE INCLUDES A LIMITED-RUN PRODUCTION OF THE AIR JORDAN Xll RETRO,A JORDAN FLEECE PULL-OVER HOODY,AMD A FITTED JORDAN PINWHELL CAP,ALL IN AN EXCLUSIVE BLACK/CAROLINA BLUE COLORWAY. PRICE $200.00 (A $240 VALUE) WHERE www.JUMPMAN23.COM/RETRO12LOGIN. WHEN NOVEMBER 24-DECEMBER 3 2003.

So where in this email does it say the SHOES are an online exclusive? It says the PACKAGE is available only online.

Quote:
And in small print are you ready caravall15-RETAIL PRICE $200.00 PLUS APPLICAL SALES TAX (MAXIMUM OF $10.00) PACKAGES CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE,USING A CREDIT CARD OR NIKETOWN GIFT CERTIFICATE PACKAGES CAN ONLY BE SHIPPED TO U.S. ADDRESSES.LIMIT THREE PER MEMBER.

Once again what are you calling me out for. Retail price of $200 a package? maximum of $10 sales tax? IT SAYS PACKAGES CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE! Can you read your own post?

You seem to keep complaining about Jordan this and that. How they screwed you how they make shoes for a penny and charge you $100. Well why do you buy the stock if you don't support them?

Trying to make a buck? Just like you bought the Nubucks to try to make a buck? Man you aren't a Jordan collector in any sense of the world. You are a reseller and a complainer and a hypocrite. You answer what you want to when questions are posted to you. None of your arguments are spelled correctly nor do they make sense at all.

How does the email you posted prove me wrong? It says the package is available only online. Are the stores in NY selling the hoody and hat? DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PACKAGE IS DIFFERENT FROM SHOES? You just proved me right when I said Nike didn't lie to you. They said a the Jordan XII package with shoe, hoody and hat was available online only. It's written there. In the most literal sense of the word they did not lie.

You are a joke. Quit posting in this post because you just end up looking stupid. You talk about weapons of mass destruction and Enron and say "That doesn't matter, all that matters is that Nike sold me some shoes and said they would be exclusive"

Get some perspective. Be happy you have the shoes. Quit crying about how you hate Nike but won't let them stop you from buying shoes cause it just is showing you are a guy willing to sacrifice his morals just to make a buck or try to be STYLING in NY. Seriously look back at all your posts. You talk about one thing then when I prove you wrong you talk about something else. You act like Jordan Brand did this on purpose. Given the choice between believing Alex and Meth's sources and you sitting behind a computer with your one share of Nike Stock and big fat collection of Nike Jordan Retros, I think I'll take Nike's side on this one.

What's next? You want to argue about how OnlineKIcks has the cheapest prices on the net? I can sit here all day debating you...

meth, let me personally thank you for the post even though i don't buy the crap jb is spewing out of their mouths............i understand they made a mistake, but like i said in another post, if guys are really annoyed at it (like i am), you guys need to spend as much energy as you do in here and write letters complaining.......complaining in here and going back and forth in the end solves nothing....i don't know how old are some of you are in here, but as a consumer, if you don't like something, you write a detailed business letter complaining...........you can call them all you want, i've learned that doesn't get the job done......

carvaval 15: to be a team jordan brand member, how does that occur? not at your local niketown/athletes foot..........you had to sign up via internet........(or a postcard in the jb magazine)

as for the sales tax, i'm sure the buyers from ny didn't pay 10 bucks tax(i sure know i didn't)

carninval, one thing i will say is that they mislead alot of people into thinking if you don't get the hoodie/hat, you can't get the shoe.........even from the so-called experts people listen to in here, the shoes weren't supposed to reach the store...........but we know how much their word is worth now(imo)......i can't say they screwed people over.......they mislead people, and in the end, this is what happened.........but like i said, if guys are really upset about this, instead of posting in this board 50 times, they should write a letter and complain.........but i don't think half the people in here will do that, and yet they will be the ones buying into the next "exclusive" shoe............

Carninval you really need to get off nike's jock.There not gonna hook you up with a free pair of sneakers.I will say this over and over again jordan screwed us over by selling to the jordan 12's to retail stores.Your telling me a billion dollare company does not know what is coming AND going for it's wearhouse.That's stright B.S. I will still buy jordans.This mess up not stop me from that.Saying sorry does not change anything.Also my bad grammer comes from a great nyc education.We all can't be a smartass nerd like you. That has an answer for everything.

Mods, thanks for seeking out an answer regarding this whole mess. I am looking forward to the official statement to gain more of a perpective but so far i'm still unsettled.

Heres are the two scenarios:

scenario A) We got had and it was premeditated.

JB sent out promotion blitz that is intended on created hieghted desire to purchase by stating its exclusivity.
HOWEVER the wording with just enough wiggle room for them to claim that their express statement was for the [sarcasism] rare chance to recieve all 3 lovely items together in 1 UPS box [sarcasism], hence defining a package.

Now that the purchasers are heated. JB offers an apology to do damage control knowing that knowing it probably won't be ever escalate to a lawsuit or an ftc issue because they know what words they used(and paid people good salary to do so).

conclusion: Nike is a typical multinational corporation will bend the rules as far as it can to profit (If this was the case Then I applaud you for a job well done).

scenario B) JB simply messed up. (this is currently their "story" they want us to believe)

JB meant what they were suggesting in the mailers. Nubucks were only going to sell online. But a funny thing happened on the way to the warehouse. It got sold to retailers by accident. Logistics messed up because they were new to the whole exculsive thing.

JB apologizes to and explains that that their attempt to "hookup" the loyal fans to JB didn't go as planed.

conclusion: JB meant well so we shouldn't be mad at them 'cause even billion dollar multinational corporations make mistakes.

Some people need a reality check, Nike is a corp. Because of this and in light of the whole "creative word play" of package, I doubt Nike offered us an exclusive to give themselves a warm fuzzy feeling.

"Warm fuzzy feeling" I like that. :smile:
smile.gif

Quote:
Carninval you really need to get off nike's jock.There not gonna hook you up with a free pair of sneakers.I will say this over and over again jordan screwed us over by selling to the jordan 12's to retail stores.Your telling me a billion dollare company does not know what is coming AND going for it's wearhouse.That's stright B.S. I will still buy jordans.This mess up not stop me from that.Saying sorry does not change anything.Also me with my bad grammer come from a great nyc education.We all can't be smartass nerds like you.

Excellent response. Once again you have avoided the point that you post stuff that is totally meaningless.
If anyone is on "Nike's jock" it would be you.

I would assume that having someone "screw you over" in your words and then continuing to do business with them is one of the stupidest things I have heard. If you are so heated about this quit buying their stuff. If you are willing to forgive and forget then be quiet and stop complaining. How can you complain and still buy their stuff.

I also find it easier for a Billion dollar company to make mistakes. As Biggie said "the mo' money the mo' problems".

It's quite obvious that you have no education or knowledge of how a business works. You don't know anything about inventory or databases or how easy it is for the peon guy you are paying $8 an hour to say ok to selling something he's not supposed to.

So stick to street hustling Nubucks trying to turn a profit. It will keep you from looking like the hypocrite you are. Everytime I read some thing you wrote I feel like the prinicipal in Billy Madison.

Quote:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Please don't post anymore. I beg of you. You just do more damage to your point.

i thought this topic was supposed to be march's jb news...guess not.
anyways, you guys are wasting your time arguing. youre not going to change what happened, so why bother complaining about it. yes, i bought the nubucks. no, i didnt want the whole package, so i was kinda pissed about what happened. no use arguing tho. we're gonna get an apology email, and thats that. end of story

Thanks nerd.For being so smart about an inner city sneaker culture.You must be the fool for being into a culture that started from the streets.Jordan brand long ago had there eye on the inner city dollar and most of the customers are like me.A real nerd like yourself if you are one should be ashamed to be into a hobby with people like me who have no education.Who do you think the targate nike customer is from da hood.GUYS LIKE US GOING BACK AND FOURTH ON A MESSAGE BOARD.Take a look next time when you walk down the street and see who's rocking jordans.The majority of people are not on a message board like you and me carnival.Oh by the way you don't know me.So keep that to yourself champ saying I don't anything about running or have knowlegdge on how a business works.<NIKE STILL DID ME DIRTY>

I'll get to some of the other replies later - but I'm afraid by the time I get back from the gym there'll be another 40 posts by caraval and 160jordansdeep.

You started out fairly civil, but now you've both descended into name calling and insults. I'm keeping this post open for obvious reasons and if you guys can't handle posting responsibly, you leave me with no option but to rescind your ability to post.

Jordan Brand may have started on the street but the real money is in the subarbs. Let's take a look at Iverson vs. Jordan.

If Jordan was so INTO THE STREET as you put it he would not try to wear suits to games and strive to keep up the corporate image he does. Jordan Brand no longer is for the streets. It's for the corporate image and adults with fashion sense.

Look at the stuff Jordan Brand creates. Laptop bags. Cavvy 23 sandals. Long sleeve shirts made of twill and finer materials.

Now tell me that Jordan Brand only targets people from the hood.

I never called you stupid or lacking in education. I pointed out that you make statements without any basis of fact. You say a Billion dollar company like Nike should be able to track inventory without knowing how easy it is to mess up. Corporations are difficult to run. Everyone makes mistakes. Why don't you wait to see what Jordan Brand does to rectify the situation before you jump all over them

I tried to keep it civil and I admit I may have crossed a grey line but you post arguments and fail to back them up. You then resort to blatant name calling when you can't back your point. However in defference to Meth I'll drop the matter.

The point of this post is Jordan Brand made a mistake.

They released shoes to a few urban stores while implying the consumers could only purchase them online.

However they did not rip you off. Ripping you off would mean you can get the same item cheaper elsewhere. Nowhere in this post has anyone even indicated that they are able to do so. If you can buy just the shoes cheaper in NY then do so and stop crying.

You can return your package to Nike.com and buy JUST THE SHOES in NY or Texas for whatever the price is

If you don't live in Texas or NY and can't buy them cheaper then you are complaining that other people can get stuff you can't for cheaper.

Isn't that the same as complaining people in Japan can get COJP items cheaper or Collie in UK can get JDSports exclusive stuff cheaper than we can in America?

Nike may have broken their promise unknowingly but it's not like they General Released product into the World. They slipped a few hundred pairs out. Everyone who owns a pair still has an exclusive. You also did not pay any more than what they are charging in Texas and NY from all accounts.

Perhaps you have been spoiled by the high quality that Nike provides and you think that because you purchase $200 worth of product that you have some say in how they run business. Well you do. If you are unhappy with their practices don't buy.

After all is said and done with this Nubuck fiasco, Nike and Jordan Brand remain the producers of the best quality and highest performing shoes and athletic gear in the World. If anyone here feels that service and advertising outweighs the quality that Nike provides then perhaps you should not buy from them anymore. No one forced you to buy the Nubucks.

I guarantee that everyone here complaining wil buy another package the next time Jordan Brand releases an online exclusive. Caveat Emptor. Beware the Buyer. You all have a say. Just don't buy from Nike anymore.

I for one am happy with the Nubucks. I bought them because I liked them. I didn't buy them for investment nor because they were exclusive. Just cause Nike dropped a few hundred pairs shouldn't change the fact that you like the shoe. If it does you didn't buy the shoe for the right reasons.

Also JB:

Phylon23 has a good point:

Quote:
A nice REFUND check for the $65 would be a decent apology.

How about everyone with a new hoody or new cap that wants to return it can mail it back to Nike or return it to Niketown for a $65 voucher.

You still get your business cause we have to spend the money in your store.

You can resell the returned items in the outlets so you don't waste them.

Customers who feel screwed get a way out and Customer who liked the set keep them.

Jordan fixes the mistake, promises never to do it again, and logs this in the operations manual for how not to sell an online exclusive.

Al this will cost you nothing. You will recoup your processing fees when we buy more product and keep your market share. The customers get to feel like Nike hooked them up.

I guarantee everyone hating on Nike will be singing their praises after they fix the situation.

I have no idea what your point is GWiz. Just quit before you get warned.

Is there anything you disagree with me about? Why not just comment on it instead of resorting to name calling? If you can't disprove me then just leave it alone.

As for my essay like reponses if you rather read opinions that support your own it's your own choice. I support Jordan Brand for the fact that they tried to provide an exclusive to the fans and you guys jump all over them.

Truth is that I haven't bought a Jordan shoes for Retail or waited in line for anything since the AJ XIII. In my opinion I don't like the style of the stuff they make. The quality is there it's just not my taste.

This Nubuck XII was the first shoe I have seen in a while that caught my eye. I have by no means unbinding love towards JB. I just think it's crazy to thank Nike for an exclusive one minute and then complain the next minute.

^^just stop youre not going to change anyones opinion. your essay like response are just wasted and youre just beating a dead horse. you have unbinding love towards jb thats great, some people will feel differently than you so just accept it.

^^Now that I agree with.I love the newbucks I just never wanted to be lied about being exclusive and as I said before if this colorway was a general release I still would have a pair.Nike shold just give the people that ordered the package them money back for the hat and hoody.Because Let's face it no body wanted the hat and hoody.That would show me that nike really did make a mistake. From last few posts it looks like some people agree with me on this.

Back
Top Bottom