Marcus Jordan wears PE Patent XIIs in UCF Exhibition Game & UCF Loses Adidas Contract........

Well, in terms of business ethics, I wonder if Nike/JB will be compelled to at least offer UCF a product-only deal...?

JB for hoops, and Nike/some JB for everything else...?

CarlofromdaPI wrote:
I'm waiting for Dark Chocolate to post his thoughts...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ha, yeah... and I bet he'll try to tie Rock Deep into it somehow...

Originally Posted by distinct101

Is Marcus good enough as a player for the school to side with him and lose a contract that sponsored many sports (bball, fball, tennis, soccer, baseball, golf, etc)?
Was wondering the same exact thing

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

roll.gif

Dude is gonna grace us with a big %%! paragraph about how Adidas outperforms Niike.

Word. I'm also waiting for DC's response.

I dont think it was worth losing the Adi contract but if he forewarned the school then i dont see anything wrong
oh well life moves on

this is a good move by the college there getting publicity and there probably going to get picked up by nike its a win win in my opinion

Many of you don't know the facts. Before he signed, adidas said it would be NO PROBLEM!

And now it is? Oh well. Nike will scoop in and be the shoe provider in the future. Case closed.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

roll.gif

Dude is gonna grace us with a big %%! paragraph about how Adidas outperforms Niike.

Boy-oh-Boy!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Many of you don't know the facts. Before he signed, adidas said it would be NO PROBLEM!

And now it is? Oh well. Nike will scoop in and be the shoe provider in the future. Case closed.
Wrong about that up there. Adidas reps didn't say that, the recruiter did.

Now for those of you who waited for my response
laugh.gif
, I say good for him!It's his daddy's brand! However, it might be some kind of NCAA violation if his fathers company steps in, to sponsor the school. Personally, I loved MJas a player! Some of his shoes are cool to play in, but remember this! He WANTED to play in Adidas! He thought that nike was a JOKE! So I find this situationquite comical.

Kudos for Adidas to pull the plug on'em! Marcus ain't Mike!

hell yea he aint mike throw dem addidas on till you droppin 300 a game. you cant be the freshest player sittin on the bench. if yo team wearin addidas youbetter have some on 2 unless u the best player. if u ask me weather they agreed or not he should be wearin wat the team wears. marcus is overated to me. ithink he made it to college ball jus cause he jordan son

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Whoever is in charge of that athletic program needs to be fired. why would they throw away 2 million dollars in order to keep this guy on your team and let him wear some shoes he wants when hes not even a good player? and then he only plays 10 minutes? just cuz hes mikes son? daaaaannnnnnng

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

It's not like he wore black/red I's.

Those are the most inconspicuous Jordans that he could have worn. Adidas is throwing a fit over nothing.

You think a regular person watching the game is going to notice that he's wearing Jordans?

Adidas goes through the trouble and efforts of sponsoring an entire athletic program - providing them with all equipment such as shoes, uniforms, apparel,basketballs, volleyballs, footballs, etc. Of course they would be mad that, after all that, an athlete is wearing the shoes of their competitor.

To be honest, Nike is known as "the marketing machine" and they're going to turn this into a sweet situation for themselves. They are capableof providing this school with all their athletic equipment needs, and most likely will end up doing so. Nike will swoop in as the hero, probably provide UCFwith some nice Player Exclusives, whether its sneakers by Nike or Jordan, or both. They will also probably take whatever financial hit that Adidas chooses topursue against UCF.

Y'all don't forget - this ain't the first time that a Jordan shoe broke uniform rules. The very first Air Jordan 1 went against uniform rules ofthe NBA. Nike took the hit, kept the Air Jordan going, and look where the brand is today.

And let's be real - everyone on this board would be wearing Air Jordans if their father was the man himself, no matter what school you go to, no matterwhat sports brand sponsors your school.

This echos all the information that i've read/heard. That recruiter should be the one held responsible for all ofthis. The shoe issue was gonna be big for Marcus, how could anyone NOT know that. He stuck to his guns as did Adidas. The only guilty party in this is therecruiter. Now the school suffers because it looks like someone was just trying to get a "Jordan" in the building.

Dude played for 10 minutes and only had 1 point. He air balled his first free thow
ohwell.gif
. I'm worried about the UCF team this year, we picked up Jordan simply to draw a bigger crowd to the arena. Either way I'm looking forwardto seeing the man himself at the games and potentially JB picking up the contract
pimp.gif

I side with Adidas on this one. NO WAY do you allow a student-athlete on your dime wear another brand. Its ridiculous, regardless if the recruiter promised himhe could do it or not. Why would they invest 2 Million into the school's sports, only to allow its cash cow sport/player to NOT promote the product thatthey had to pay 2 Mil. for? Jordan was wrong. UCF was more wrong. Adidas way to grow a set #clap for 'em !

hes michael jordans son, hes gonna rock j's.. but that being said, he could probably do a lil better, those look like some bootleg rising suns, he shouldstep it up a lil imo

Originally Posted by JinKazama

IMO Marcus is not the villan here. He asked for this before he signed, the school ok'd it with several adi reps, he signs and then adidas higher ups find out and go back on the deal...dude was even respectful enough to wear all white J's with no jumpman's or anything visible with adidas ankle braces. Anybody else and this would be a non-issue.

say what you want about biting the bullet and just wearing adi kicks, or about him being selfish, costing the school all this money, or being a bad teammate... but I respect homeboy for sticking to his convictions and making UCF and Adidas deliver on what he was promised.
that's sounds like a defendent's attorney plea to the jury or judge that the person did no wrong.
laugh.gif

IMO everybody that was involved is at blame

Originally Posted by CP3isdatruth

those are better than the rising suns.....

they are the same besides the preforated leather, which i think makes them look better than those...

Thank you. Because not only do I not look at Yahoo!, I've never heard of it either. Thank you eternally for passing on this quasi-Jordan brand news. Icould not have ppssibly lived without this gripping story of a never-will-be ball player at a quarter-rate school that lost its Adidas sponsorship becausedaddy's little JV boy wants to wear some free shoes and get some extra fishsticks (besides the ones in the ridiculously immaculate UCF cafeteria).

I don't see any issue. CFU should dump his $%! or made it clear they were going to if he wore the J's. One kid out of the millions(?) of NCAA athleteshas a boner for J, and he expects Adidas/Reebok, a multi billion dollar international corporation, to get down on their knees.

Analogy: I go and compete for a DII school. Should I compete wearing a UMinnesota jersey because my dad went there? NO! Marcus - Man up, and accept theconsequences of your choices and stop hiding in your dad's shadow...Be proud of your family. Don't be arrogant.

Back
Top Bottom