Mark Zuckerberg donates most of his fortune to charity

im skeptical of most charities since we live in a cruel cruel world...but i guess these guys must know a little more of the good ones if theyre smart enough to be billies. 
Originally Posted by damnitzvin

Aren't I the one to blame if I'm not a billionaire?
nice.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

why dont they donate it to the national debt ...

As of right now the US national debt is $13,845,289,960,708.26

That's almost $14 thousand billion - they couldn't afford it - never mind any political reasoning.

confused%20otter.jpg

Originally Posted by kdawg

As of right now the US national debt is $13,845,289,960,708.26

That's almost $14 thousand billion - they couldn't afford it - never mind any political reasoning.

confused%20otter.jpg

^ I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean but I thought a billion was a thousand million - you've used the old British definition which is a million million - commonly referred to nowadays as a trillion.

The interest on the national debt is something like $4 billion dollars a day - in perspective that means that one day's interest payments are about 2/3 of Zuckerberg's fortune.

^ I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean but I thought a billion was a thousand million - you've used the old British definition which is a million million - commonly referred to nowadays as a trillion.

The interest on the national debt is something like $4 billion dollars a day - in perspective that means that one day's interest payments are about 2/3 of Zuckerberg's fortune.

laugh.gif
at the thought of how much the actual U.S. Debt is, but
30t6p3b.gif
at the same time....

You see pics of a Million in cash, then think 1,000 stacks of that for 1 billion, and a thousand stacks of 1 billion for a trillion.... lordie

laugh.gif
at the thought of how much the actual U.S. Debt is, but
30t6p3b.gif
at the same time....

You see pics of a Million in cash, then think 1,000 stacks of that for 1 billion, and a thousand stacks of 1 billion for a trillion.... lordie

^
i'm sure his kids will be very happy to get that 10 million.  i'm guessing they'll also have jobs and have their own income to add to that inheritance.

i understand what you're trying to say though.  they're only receiving a very small chunk of their dad's money, but what they're getting will be more than enough to last their lifetime.  if they're anything like their parents, they understand why.  i think what the gates do is great and respect it a lot.

the people who "have" are helping out the "have-nots".  

^
i'm sure his kids will be very happy to get that 10 million.  i'm guessing they'll also have jobs and have their own income to add to that inheritance.

i understand what you're trying to say though.  they're only receiving a very small chunk of their dad's money, but what they're getting will be more than enough to last their lifetime.  if they're anything like their parents, they understand why.  i think what the gates do is great and respect it a lot.

the people who "have" are helping out the "have-nots".  

He didnt donate yet. He just made a public announcement of his pledge.

Itll be interesting to look at the amount that has been pledged vs. the amount that has actually been donated.

He didnt donate yet. He just made a public announcement of his pledge.

Itll be interesting to look at the amount that has been pledged vs. the amount that has actually been donated.

If they have no problem with donating their fortunes why cant they show their support for higher taxes on their income?

If they have no problem with donating their fortunes why cant they show their support for higher taxes on their income?

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by The Genesis

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit*

sorry
but if i'm fortunate enough to become a billionaire i'm more interested
in my bloodline being taken care of and not having to struggle.
Nobody said they were giving away 99% of their funds, it just said a majority. Some of these people have more money than can be spent in 10 lifetimes, why not donate it to a good cause? idk if a lot of people really grasp how much 1 Billion dollars is let alone 6.9+ (in Mark Zuckerberg's case)
30t6p3b.gif
Their families will be far from broke trust me.

i see what your saying but for instance bill gates has said he's leaving 10 million to each of his kids. 10 million is a helluva lot of money but when you have billions to me it's kinda foul to only leave em that much when you can give em so much more.

i have 3 kids , i'd want them to enjoy their lives to the fullest and never have a care in the world as well as their childrens children and so on . i know i sound selfish but i see it more as securing my familys well being for generations .....
You dont think they would be already taken care of before he dies? By the time he dies they should be way past college and should have GREAT jobs. They are already a head of most kids because they wont have any student loans, no car notes, and numerous job references. You think they REALLY deserve more than 10 million?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit*

sorry
but if i'm fortunate enough to become a billionaire i'm more interested
in my bloodline being taken care of and not having to struggle.
Nobody said they were giving away 99% of their funds, it just said a majority. Some of these people have more money than can be spent in 10 lifetimes, why not donate it to a good cause? idk if a lot of people really grasp how much 1 Billion dollars is let alone 6.9+ (in Mark Zuckerberg's case)
30t6p3b.gif

i see what your saying but for instance bill gates has said he's leaving 10 million to each of his kids. 10 million is a helluva lot of money but when you have billions to me it's kinda foul to only leave em that much when you can give em so much more.

i have 3 kids , i'd want them to enjoy their lives to the fullest and never have a care in the world as well as their childrens children and so on . i know i sound selfish but i see it more as securing my familys well being for generations .....
You dont think they would be already taken care of before he dies? By the time he dies they should be way past college and should have GREAT jobs. They are already a head of most kids because they wont have any student loans, no car notes, and numerous job references. You think they REALLY deserve more than 10 million?

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

A lot of these people dont really mind higher taxes, at least not the ones on this list. Im willing to bet people like Mark or Bill Gates are probably more down the democratic line than anything.
Unfortunately for us, these are not the people running the country. Its the ones with a few million who are keeping the rest of the country down with their greed.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

A lot of these people dont really mind higher taxes, at least not the ones on this list. Im willing to bet people like Mark or Bill Gates are probably more down the democratic line than anything.
Unfortunately for us, these are not the people running the country. Its the ones with a few million who are keeping the rest of the country down with their greed.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit*

sorry but if i'm fortunate enough to become a billionaire i'm more interested in my bloodline being taken care of and not having to struggle.
30t6p3b.gif

Aye Bee, didn't that hieffa Paris blow through like 100m's in like 2-3yrs???
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit*

sorry but if i'm fortunate enough to become a billionaire i'm more interested in my bloodline being taken care of and not having to struggle.
30t6p3b.gif

Aye Bee, didn't that hieffa Paris blow through like 100m's in like 2-3yrs???
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom