Marriage And Serious Relationships

How do you not get tired of of you gf/bf. I mean I don’t have any serious problems with my gf. We argue a lot less then we used to, and I don’t have any serious issue within our relationship. The other day I realized sometimes im jus tired of lookin at her face and she probably feels the same about P. If its not her I realize down the line its goin to be someone else im tied of lookin at. Marriage is a possibility but if I feel like this now it wont get better 10-20yrs from now. How does NT deal with this?

How do you not get tired of of you gf/bf. I mean I don’t have any serious problems with my gf. We argue a lot less then we used to, and I don’t have any serious issue within our relationship. The other day I realized sometimes im jus tired of lookin at her face and she probably feels the same about P. If its not her I realize down the line its goin to be someone else im tied of lookin at. Marriage is a possibility but if I feel like this now it wont get better 10-20yrs from now. How does NT deal with this?

Can't relate 
Forever_Alone.png

There's going to be times when you get tired of each other, but your relationship has to be built on the things that matter.
If you've built your relationship on true friendship, understanding, love, common interests, shared goals, then you'll have no
problem being happy over the long run. 

There's going to be times when you get tired of each other, but your relationship has to be built on the things that matter.
If you've built your relationship on true friendship, understanding, love, common interests, shared goals, then you'll have no

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

QFT.  I thank God for my fiance daily.  She may get on my nerves at times, but that's life with anyone.

QFT.  I thank God for my fiance daily.  She may get on my nerves at times, but that's life with anyone.

This man speaks the truth. i'm getting married on july 9th of this year, and i cannot wait to start our life together. we've dated close to 7 years and we've had our ups and downs. if you guys can't grow together, as a couple, don't get married. marriage isn't to be taken lightly, with the attitude "i can get out of it if it doesn't work"...

This man speaks the truth. i'm getting married on july 9th of this year, and i cannot wait to start our life together. we've dated close to 7 years and we've had our ups and downs. if you guys can't grow together, as a couple, don't get married. marriage isn't to be taken lightly, with the attitude "i can get out of it if it doesn't work"...

Bad days come and go, I try to practice the "don't go to sleep mad rule", that is a biggie right there. Don't give your bad days roll over minutes (guilty here).

Know your flaws and work on them, I'm a natural debater (just check the V.G. threads), so I'm trying to let arguments go that don't matter much.

Judge yourself before your partner, what did YOU do wrong in a given situation? And (a hard one to make habit, for me at least) apologize first, it's really contagious and things will blow over much quicker the sooner you do.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Supr

EDIT: Quick question, Do you and you GF live together?

Bad days come and go, I try to practice the "don't go to sleep mad rule", that is a biggie right there. Don't give your bad days roll over minutes (guilty here).

Know your flaws and work on them, I'm a natural debater (just check the V.G. threads), so I'm trying to let arguments go that don't matter much.

Judge yourself before your partner, what did YOU do wrong in a given situation? And (a hard one to make habit, for me at least) apologize first, it's really contagious and things will blow over much quicker the sooner you do.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Supr

Originally Posted by cameltrophy24

laugh.gif
I got married July 9th last year! Congrats btwI don't think there is a written formula for how to make it work, just go day by day and try to understand each other and try not to involve other people in your relationship, that's when %@!$ gets ugly.

laugh.gif
I got married July 9th last year! Congrats btwI don't think there is a written formula for how to make it work, just go day by day and try to understand each other and try not to involve other people in your relationship, that's when %@!$ gets ugly.

I've been with my wife for 9 years.

Before I was with her I had girlfriends, but was never faithful and usually ended up dumping them and playing the field and I played the field a lot... too much. So much so that I felt I was putting my life in danger. Besides the obvious risk I was taking in being with a new woman damn near weekly, there was never a woman that I cared much about in my life. The whole thing was mind games to lay these women and a lack of respect since they were so easy to get, keep and play.

Being with the same woman for so long, I have, of course, had moments where I thought that my old lifestyle would be fun, but then I realize that I have a woman in my life that I can tell anything to, have shared many memorable moments with and who sacrificed her body to give me kids. I mean she's in great shape, but children change a woman's body.

Even saying that sounds insufficient in describing why I have been with her for so long through all of our ups and downs...

I really boils down to LOVE. When you love someone, it doesn't matter if you look at them one day and feel tired of them. That may last a week. May last a month, but love is what will allow you to give them another chance to show you that side to them that got you in the first place. I've been to the point that I've been disgusted with something my wife has done and felt like throwing my hands up and moving on, but I've also felt that way about family members before and love has never allowed me to give up on them.

If you truly love someone, it's hard to stay mad at or tired of them.

I've been with my wife for 9 years.

Before I was with her I had girlfriends, but was never faithful and usually ended up dumping them and playing the field and I played the field a lot... too much. So much so that I felt I was putting my life in danger. Besides the obvious risk I was taking in being with a new woman damn near weekly, there was never a woman that I cared much about in my life. The whole thing was mind games to lay these women and a lack of respect since they were so easy to get, keep and play.

Being with the same woman for so long, I have, of course, had moments where I thought that my old lifestyle would be fun, but then I realize that I have a woman in my life that I can tell anything to, have shared many memorable moments with and who sacrificed her body to give me kids. I mean she's in great shape, but children change a woman's body.

Even saying that sounds insufficient in describing why I have been with her for so long through all of our ups and downs...

I really boils down to LOVE. When you love someone, it doesn't matter if you look at them one day and feel tired of them. That may last a week. May last a month, but love is what will allow you to give them another chance to show you that side to them that got you in the first place. I've been to the point that I've been disgusted with something my wife has done and felt like throwing my hands up and moving on, but I've also felt that way about family members before and love has never allowed me to give up on them.

If you truly love someone, it's hard to stay mad at or tired of them.

i think im in the same boat as OP. Some days I wanna smash anyone except my gf but then i realize if i get with another chick it will lead to the same quandary.  

i think im in the same boat as OP. Some days I wanna smash anyone except my gf but then i realize if i get with another chick it will lead to the same quandary.  

I wish marriage had a buyout and a trade clause like some of these atheletes' contracts. Marriage is cool, but it sounds more like a business move nowadays. Every time I talk to a girl and bring up pre-nup, OMG how they get all argumentative.....

I wish marriage had a buyout and a trade clause like some of these atheletes' contracts. Marriage is cool, but it sounds more like a business move nowadays. Every time I talk to a girl and bring up pre-nup, OMG how they get all argumentative.....

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif
Both of yall got married the day after my bday and I'm gettin married exactly 2 months after yall on 9/9/11
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Both of yall got married the day after my bday and I'm gettin married exactly 2 months after yall on 9/9/11
laugh.gif

Its not a problem of how to make it work like someone suggested earlier we have a pretty sold foundation, its more of a how do you keep yourself from not getting bored type of thing I guess

yes for about a yr n half.
thats kinda what this is revolved around
laugh.gif

I wish marriage had a buyout and a trade clause like some of these atheletes' contracts.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

philosaptor-47.jpg

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

philosaptor-47.jpg

Back
Top Bottom