Married Niketalkers, How much did your wedding cost you?

Originally Posted by lana85

My sister spent about 50k on her wedding. Me personally I would have a small destination wedding and use that 40-50k for a down payment on a house.

How much did you guys spend on the ring alone?
i spent about 13k on her engagement and wedding band and she bought mine for 1200.. 

We spent around $30-$35k on ours. don't really remember the exact amount, it was a year and a half ago.

Both sets of parents gave $10k each and we saved the rest on our own. We basically paid everything in cash, even the honeymoon.

We didn't want to start our marriage in debt. We had 302 guests (that figure i remember exactly!).

I never knew how big both families were... LOL

My wife is Indian and the customs is to have a week's worth of events :sick:

I was able to convince her to just 2 events. It was around $30-35k- CAD but we were engaged for a little over 2 years so we spread out the payments and were able to pay for everything without getting into debt.
  • Bought all the chocolates the day after Valentines (60% to 70% off)
  • Bought all our furniture the day after xmas (huge discounts + I knew an employee there) literally bought all our furniture for $3k and two hours of shopping in one store - entire bed set, marble dining table, couches etc...
  • Also found the right time to buy the engagement ring where I got very decent discounts
  • the Photography, like some of y'aal was a bit much, around $4k CAD for three events and an eshoot. But like @oo the rock oo mentioned, it's like talking to a brick wall. lol
What I am trying to say is, timing your purchases really helps. We were just chilling the day before the wedding because everything was set.

What really helped as well is that culturally, it's common to ask for non-boxed gifts (cash) as wedding presents, so we got around $12k back.

Was it all worth it? To be personally, I cared about the actual wedding day. I wasn't involved in planning any of the other events and I think we could have been happy with that one event.

Seeing some of these posts are mind blowing. By mind blowing, I mean I can't believe how little you guys spent. We honestly could've bought a M4 or C63 with the amount we spent.

We did destination in riviera maya mexico. Rehearsal dinner, and bonfire with open bar the night before, Wedding and reception, total of 10 days in the honeymlon suite. Had about 25 people there and total coast was around 25k.

My friend told me he was having a destination wedding because it’d be way cheaper. I dunno if I heard right but all their expenses are close to 100k. Definitely not cheaper than just having it here

I thought with a destination wedding it's free if you get a certain amount of people to book at the hotel you're staying at?

Less than $1.5K all in for a wedding in Vegas (airfare, hotel, chapel, tips, clothing).

Just my wife and I, but we paid a little extra to have it live streamed in high quality for our folks to be able to watch it.

Spend as little or as much as you want. My wife and I agreed weddings in general are a tremendous waste of money.

Edit: Total cost as listed above with rings (wedding and engagement for her) was under $5K.

Last edited:
I get the idea of an elaborate wedding and that's nice and all if you can actually afford it.
I can't see myself spending over 10k for everything. Crazy how society has overblown weddings and especially rings.

I get the idea of an elaborate wedding and that's nice and all if you can actually afford it.
I can't see myself spending over 10k for everything. Crazy how society has overblown weddings and especially rings.

It is what it is. If you can afford it, go for it. I used to be young and think, I'd rather save the wedding money and go on a nice trip or save it to buy a house, etc. But then I realized, why not put myself in a position and do it all and that's what's I did:lol:

60 grand....still married

Congrats, bruh. Mine was about $75k, about $30k out of pocket after gifts and stuff, with the honeymoon when it was all said and done. We just celebrated our 4 year anniversary last week and there's not a second that's gone by that I regretted anything. Crazy how time flies though.

It is one time in life regular people get to put on an adult performance.

Folks want to go all out. I get it.

My wife's siblings are in the military and I'm an only child, so this would be the one and only chance for both of our parents to see their kids actually get married. Otherwise, I'd rather get the AMG. :lol:

40,000 in Atlanta. It was 3 weeks ago. Had 90 guest, very lowkey. Everyone had a good time. I do have some friends that paid 60-80,000 for the wedding. Some of these folks job range from pharmacist, therapist, physicians, and IT. I’m glad my wife and I were able to keep it at that 40,000 budget.

Last edited:
Seeing some of these posts are mind blowing. By mind blowing, I mean I can't believe how little you guys spent. We honestly could've bought a M4 or C63 with the amount we spent.
Mr. Humble Braggington the Third over here

My wife's siblings are in the military and I'm an only child, so this would be the one and only chance for both of our parents to see their kids actually get married. Otherwise, I'd rather get the AMG. :lol:

Your wife’s siblings have said they don’t plan on getting married or are they just stationed in other countries?

Back
Top Bottom