Married Niketalkers, How much did your wedding cost you?

Real question, no judging.......

What is it that makes yall want to empty your life savings on one day.

I didnt empty my life savings into our wedding. Paid for the wedding, bought a house, and still had cash to spare. I would have never spent every dollar i had on out wedding,

I didnt empty my life savings into our wedding. Paid for the wedding, bought a house, and still had cash to spare. I would have never spent every dollar i had on out wedding,

I don't think the question are for guys like us:nthat:

Prolly pop the question next year. Trying to keep it under 10k out of my pocket. Moms will prolly throw me 5 and hopefully her pops will give another 10 (homie got it).

Would prefer a destination wedding but I will see. I got have a small ceremony in Nigeria so that will prolly set me back another 3-5K. Whatever tho.

Taking my joint to Thailand next year to propose so her ring prolly won’t be as big as she wants but **** it.

We got married at a church, just us, our pastor and his family. They catered. Didn't spend anything besides rings and clothes.

We were planning to have a larger expensive wedding, and I'm experienced exactly what the coach in the vid was saying. Me and my wife talked and she was stressed too, so we just decided to elope.

It was the best decision ever. Caught some backlash from family, but I'm like eff it. This ain't really about y'all. I don't gotta live wit y'all, me n wife are happy that's all that matters.

We value our marriage life together more than just a day, so it worked out for us.

Honestly my wife wanted a big wedding. My wife had a very tough upbringing. Parents did the best they could but got evicted 12-15 times. She is the only one that went to college, some of them have been in/out of jail. Most of her family have multiple kids from different men. She always wanted a nice wedding. We worked hard for it. We both work in healthcare, so we are a good financially. We were blessed enough to have a great one w/o breaking bank. It was really my first time seeing her emotional to the point of breaking down.

My wife and I had a small service with just her parents, my parents, my siblings, and two of our friends. That cost us only $150. We then had the reception months later with around $100 people in my parents backyard and that ran between $8-10k

About $100. (one hundred dollars) Intimate indeed

Get you a real one. But if you got it. Spend it :lol:

Last edited:
Up to 56k

I’m so over this this event man. Her pops paying for everything but this money being spent could be used to pay off real life stuff.

I’m not married anymore.... but my ex’s rings cost more than our wedding. :lol:

My cousin got married earlier this year, they been saving for awhile though..... they spent over $100,000 on their wedding. **** was DOPE though! Not gonna lie.

In the end, of course you go over your finances and budget, try to estimate how timing too.

But it’s YOUR wedding, a day you both will remember for the rest of your lives. So make it memorable!

Courthouse FTW :pimp:

I sprung for the ring and I'm springing for the honeymoon but no way I was dropping $40-$50k for a mediocre party.

I’m just trolling bruh, I know weddings are expensive, I’m a wedding photographer, I’m one of those wild expenses of the day :lol:

I figured :lol: is it stressful shooting weddings? Or are you just pretty much a ghost following people?

Do you have your own team?

When my sis got married my pops gave her the option a $30k wedding or a footing her through med school and paying off her debt. This bird chose the wedding. My pops wasn't against her getting married and actually likes her husband. Got a third kid on the way, she's bread winner as a teacher.

My mom and stepfather got married this summer. They're in their 50s so they said they already had the big overly expensive weddings and that they didn't care to impress anyone. They went to the courthouse then had the "reception" in their backyard. They invited about 40 family members and closest friends so it was really intimate. My stepsister and cousins cooked and what cost the most was the booze. I hooked up my laptop to speakers and had a playlist ready. Whole thing total cost 1.5k at most.

Back
Top Bottom