Marvel Heroes - Free MMO - One Year Anniversary

Gazillion Entertainment, a leading developer, publisher and operator of massively multiplayer online (MMO) games, has revealed the first glimpse of the eagerly anticipated free-to-play online game Marvel Heroes. Taking the MMO category to a completely new level of excitement and engagement, Marvel Heroes combines the energy of action role-playing games with the breadth and immersion of the MMO genre.

Drawing upon the 8,000-plus heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes allows players to become their favorite Marvel Super Heroes – from the popular Iron Man, Thor, Storm and Black Widow to the lesser known Squirrel Girl and Cable. Fans will be able to completely customize their characters by constructing costumes taken from each hero’s rich history, choosing from a huge array of super powers for each character, and finding thousands of other items. There are countless ways for players to tailor their experience.

In the game’s social areas, including Midtown Manhattan and the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, players can meet up with other players, discover missions, and buy items from legendary Marvel characters. While pursuing missions, players will explore such famous Marvel landscapes as the Savage Land, Hell’s Kitchen and Mutant Town.

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, author of Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, Secret Invasion and countless other successes, Marvel Heroes is inspired by some of the most popular tales and events in Marvel Comics history.

David Brevik, President of Gazillion Entertainment and creator of the massive hit games Diablo and Diablo II says: “I’ve been a big Marvel fan for all of my life. Marvel Heroes represents the combination of Marvel IP with all of the knowledge and experience I gained creating Diablo. It is a dream come true. I’m excited to unveil Marvel Heroes and share this revolutionary MMO with both gamers and Marvel fans.

Last edited:
Not like DC Universe Online where you create your own hero/villain but instead you play as one of the Marvels heroes.
4eaafbba2066d.jpg

4e8e15bb77ff9.jpg

4ea730f251be1.jpg

4e9daa07f1ab6.jpg

4e31d2e66ab92.jpg

Looks great. Im not much of a PC gamer though.

Be nice to get a new really good xbox game though.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

It looks like a Stiff crappy Marvel Alliance game

It's free though so definitely worth a shot.
Need to form NTAvengers. 
laugh.gif

Every time I see stuff like this my first idea is to create a character and become an anti-hero
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Supposed to be a Marvel version of Diablo.
About Marvel Heroes

The Cosmic Cube is a device of untold power capable of changing the very fabric of reality at the whim of its possessor. The brilliant but malevolent Dr. Doom has the Cube, and with it he aims to reshape the world in his own image. Determined to succeed where the Cube's previous wielders have failed, Doom has lined up villainous allies to prevent the super-heroes from interfering. Can you unravel Doctor Doom's sinister plan and stop him before it's too late?

Marvel Heroes is a free-to-play MMO Action RPG created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and a team of industry veterans assembled specifically for this project.

Marvel Heroes combines core gameplay elements of Diablo with the expansive library of characters from the Marvel Universe.

Engage in Action-RPG-style gameplay, but in an MMO world.
Team up online with your friends, or play solo.
Randomly generated environments are different every time you play.
Collect and play as your favorite Marvel Super Heroes including Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, Wolverine, Hulk, and many others.

Choose from a list of fan favorites from the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and every corner of the Marvel Universe.
Build your character using a library of spectacular powers appropriate to your hero.
Customize your character with a library of costumes from Marvel’s rich history.
Discover an endless variety of gear to increase your hero's power.
Explore the Marvel Universe in a story crafted by comic book super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

Visit famous locations from the Marvel Universe, from Avengers Tower to Mutant Town to the Savage Land.
Smash through hordes of iconic Marvel enemies, such as the dreaded Purifiers and the legions of HYDRA.
Face off against dozens of super-villains (soon to be revealed).
And it's all FREE-TO-PLAY with Marvel Heroes!

Originally Posted by RFX45

Need to form NTAvengers. 
laugh.gif

Free does not mean anything. If it was a Better DConline I would have happily pay. People will pay if its good. I want Good not Free

Need to form NTAvengers. 
laugh.gif

Free does not mean anything. If it was a Better DConline I would have happily pay. People will pay if its good. I want Good not Free
Eh, no ones forcing you to play, I'm just saying it being free gives everyone an opportunity to try it out.
Again, it's being described as a Marvel version of Diablo and people are going crazy for that game right now.

And Marvel Alliance is actually a decent and enjoyable multi-player game.

It might actually be good/playable, no need to be so negative before you even get a chance to play the game. 
Glass half full...

Need to form NTAvengers. 
laugh.gif

Eh, no ones forcing you to play, I'm just saying it being free gives everyone an opportunity to try it out.
Again, it's being described as a Marvel version of Diablo and people are going crazy for that game right now.

It might actually be good/playable, no need to be so negative before you even get a chance to play the game. 
Glass half full...
I got you
I just saw the trailer and it looked stiff compared . I know it will get alot of love but I wanted a MMO more then this went I saw the announcement. 

Glass half full...
I got you
I just saw the trailer and it looked stiff compared . I know it will get alot of love but I wanted a MMO more then this went I saw the announcement. 

I think it is an MMO in a sense that you do get to pick a plethora or powers, both active and passive, each hero has their own special set of powers (cyclops beams, Wolverines claws, etc..) and there are also other generic moves that isn't limited to specific character. You can also somewhat customize the look by selecting from the heroes clothing history (Planet Hulk, Astonishing Cyclops, Extremis Iron Man, etc...).
 As for looking unique, it seems like it's no different from WoW or Diablo, the clothes and powers are pre-set and you just choose which goes on your hotkeys. I wish it was like DC Universe or City of Heroes with customization and such but it looks like this could still be fun. We'll see more details as it gets closer to release.

Nice. I loved playing with Deadpool in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Nice to see Hulk in this one, don't remember Hulk in that Ultimate Alliance though

Back
Top Bottom